A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure

Page 6 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure (231 messages, Page 6 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

gabrieloup

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 11:52 AM    Msg. 176 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
I'm 100% sure the last time I checked I was a boy

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 01:24 PM    Msg. 177 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Op is already aware and is trying his/her best to fix it.

LOLWAT

Oh EXCUSE ME for dreaming.

Jerks.

Tech

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 12:44 AM    Msg. 178 of 231       
There's like an idle hunter to the left of the cave area with the Two bridges in Assault on the Control room, there's blood everywhere there around a ton of dead marines so I assume the Hunter's meant to be dead, but it's just standing there.
Also you should fix the insane muzzle flash on the Tank Co-axial since it flashes around the cannon.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 02:58 AM    Msg. 179 of 231       
Just finished D40.
Stellar project SOI, very well done.

On the bit just before the warthog run where you take the elevator up, there's a turret.
Standing on top of the turret while the elevator moves up causes you to fall down to your death. Just thought I'd include that.

Also, the destructive warthogs were very frustrating to move about it especially since you have to restart each time it gets destroyed. (It was nice of you to place another warthog halfway through, otherwise I would have had to walk to finish the level.)
I dunno if CMT is going to include this factor into SPV3 but yeah... took me longer than it should have.

E: I actually spent all my ammo on the D40 boss before coming to this thread to figure what I had to do... so there's that. :P
Edited by Spartan314 on Jun 19, 2016 at 04:14 AM

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 11:55 AM    Msg. 180 of 231       
SOI, I played C10 'cause I love Floods, YOU DID MAGIC!
Flood sounds in background, a cinematic demostration of an infection, the blood it's different from the vanilla and holy Berlusconi it's awesome!
Congratulations!
I hope that you continue the work on this campaign and in flood's levels!

gabrieloup

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 02:38 PM    Msg. 181 of 231       

Edited by gabrieloup on Jun 22, 2016 at 02:42 PM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 04:57 PM    Msg. 182 of 231       
"So I gave them updates... Jews love updates"

Version 2 is now available. I have updated the OP links

Changelog:

• a30 SHOULDN'T crash anymore. Report any possible crashes, anyway

• Fixed the bug in a10 that caused two Master Chief bipeds to appear during the final cinematic in the extended part

• Limited areas in the a10 extended part are properly closed

• Johnson now patrols the forerunner structure instead of running around, so you can easily find him and trigger the conversation

• Brutes now are less bullet sponges. Explosions kill them

• HUD scaling now works

• The Flood Infector in d40 now doesn't clip through the floor anymore. You'll notice that the back leg floats in mid air: that's the price I had to pay :/

• Human vehicles now have an invisible shield that makes them less weak

• The tunnel in the a30 extended part is now closed, so you can't bypass the ODST encounter anymore

• Banshee's RoF and damage has been reduced for AIs

• AR firing sound is lower and PP firing sound is louder

• Marines are a bit more strong in terms of health

• Sentinel Beam now does more damage

• Hunter's health has been reduced

• Needler's RoF has been reduced for AIs

• Added vehicle and passenger healthbar

• Added 2 extra Warthogs in the final run in d40

• Marines don't kill you anymore when they melee an enemy near you

• Wraith turret health has been reduced

• Plasma Grenades travel speed and explosion damage radius have been increased

• Added sound emitters for the waterfalls in a30 extended part

• Compass now is a pitch counter, useful for when you throw grenades

• Bosses health has been balanced

• AA Wraiths are not boardable anymore

• Mauler now does more damage against AIs

• AR does more damage against shields and Flood

• Fixed Jackal animations so that their head doesn't clip through the shield anymore

• Moved first Covenant squad location in the Elephant section, so that the vehicle doesn't stop at the beginning

• Removed the random Hunter biped in b40

• Scorpion machine gun firing particles are smaller so that they don't clip through the cannon anymore

• Added extra objective texts to the extended parts

• Brand new objective dialogues displayed via chapter titles

• Brand new pause game and in-game help UIs

• Flood Infector now has a melee attack

• Jackal Rangers with Energy Cutlass now are a melee unit

• Added Spectre in c40

• Added Marine with Spartan Laser in b40

• Marines now can drive both Ghosts and Spectres

• a10 Hyperion missiles now are collidable

That's it. Hope you'll finally have fun now and won't have any more problems!
Edited by SOI_7 on Jun 30, 2016 at 05:03 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 05:49 PM    Msg. 183 of 231       

Changelog:

• HUD scaling now works

Hud scaling on most elements work but the transparent mask is still not properly scaled.

These are nice improvements. I like the sleek UI.

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 10:55 PM    Msg. 184 of 231       
Thats actually caused by Open sauce. go F7 and fiddle around with the UI scaling features.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 12:53 AM    Msg. 185 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
Thats actually caused by Open sauce. go F7 and fiddle around with the UI scaling features.

:/

Also yea that A30 crash at the door still happens, but I walked across the bridge and it worked the second time so I guess whatever changes you did actually helped because last time that didn't work.
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Jul 1, 2016 at 01:17 AM

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 01:45 AM    Msg. 186 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk

:/
http://i.imgur.com/XZw3A3z.png

Also yea that A30 crash at the door still happens, but I walked across the bridge and it worked the second time so I guess whatever changes you did actually helped because last time that didn't work.
Edited by EtchyaSketch on Jul 1, 2016 at 01:17 AM

That happens because when I originally made the visor bitmap, I had no idea that OS HUD scaling was going to be a thing. It looked fine on my monitor (which at the time was 4:3)

I've since made a wider version of the visor overlay, but I may have just extended the problem outward for those who have ultrawide resolutions. I'll see if I can make a better visor for SOI tomorrow.

gabrieloup

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 07:45 AM    Msg. 187 of 231       
Finally. After 200 replies of swearing, crying and confusion all over the place, the mod is actually done, for a change. Don't care about the D40 boss' cr*ppy animations, at least he's actually beatable without frustration involved and that's a good price to pay for. I'll restart my Halo SSA YouTube playthrough from the start, this time on Legendary, a.k.a the way the game's meant to be played. Can't see any room for improvement now. Really, I doubted this mod would ever be complete, given the lamentable state you released it without warning (really, it felt more like a beta than a "finished" product, and I would've been less angry if you released it as a beta and said it was a beta). It's finished.

Now, I wonder if you can release a list of tag space available for each map, just curious to see how much all of this takes in actual scale.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 07:57 AM    Msg. 188 of 231       

Changelog:

• HUD scaling now works

Hud scaling on most elements work but the transparent mask is still not properly scaled.
http://i.imgur.com/I1Ss8qk.png

Looks like you're playing at a slightly larger resolution than mine, although I made those visor overlays to fit both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. Just out of curiosity, what resolution is that?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 11:36 AM    Msg. 189 of 231       
BULK DOWNLOAD

> Right click on the folder icon over on the top left. (Two semi's separated by a dash)

> Download > Standard Download
Edited by Super Flanker on Jul 1, 2016 at 11:39 AM

ajnauron

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 02:39 PM    Msg. 190 of 231       

Changelog:

• HUD scaling now works

http://i.imgur.com/I1Ss8qk.png

Looks like you're playing at a slightly larger resolution than mine, although I made those visor overlays to fit both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. Just out of curiosity, what resolution is that?

I get the hud mismatch on 1366x768.
Edited by ajnauron on Jul 1, 2016 at 02:40 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 03:33 PM    Msg. 191 of 231       
-

-

I'm guessing you have a 720p monitor? I'm using a 1366x768 display.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 09:46 PM    Msg. 192 of 231       
Nya...

A30 DID IT AGAIN!

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 11:12 PM    Msg. 193 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinyl
Nya...

A30 DID IT AGAIN!

Get out of the Warthog at the end of the lighbridge, then walking all the way to the button.

Alex Hce

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 10:20 AM    Msg. 194 of 231       
The A30 continues to give Crash in the same place, would not it be better if you put away that extra mission and leave as the original so you you avoid more problems with that map?

And the C40 when you pass the part of the Sentinels and open the door, after the raisins gets me totally black HUD, when you load the checkpoint, That is, almost all textures are completely black, with no detail, which is a bug that tenbién had in B40 but in this version 2 has already fixed it, but the C40 it continues.

We will be waiting for you to fix these bugs, thanks SOI.
Edited by Alex Hce on Jul 6, 2016 at 12:01 AM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 02:28 PM    Msg. 195 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth

You reduced the AR sound? No, the problem was that the AR fire/sound was too quiet. Also resolutions have nothing to do with scaling, it's all about aspect ratios specifically the problem of making a 16:9 HUD look good on a 4:3 designed game.

You actually said that the AR firing sound was louder than the other weapons in your bug report on page 2...

Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinyl
Nya...

A30 DID IT AGAIN!

Blargh! I'm starting thinking that this is something related to gameplays started from scratch or something similar... heck, I have even done that command test that RadWolfie posted on page 5, and none of those script lines cause any crash to me... how can I solve something that I can't see??

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex Hce

The B30 continues to give Crash in the same place, would not it be better if you put away that extra mission and leave as the original so you you avoid more problems with that map?

And the C40 when you pass the part of the Sentinels and open the door, after the raisins gets me totally black HUD, when you load the checkpoint, That is, almost all textures are completely black, with no detail, which is a bug that tenbién had in B40 but in this version 2 has already fixed it, but the C40 it continues.

We will be waiting for you to fix these bugs, thanks SOI.

B30 doesn't have any extra mission... unless you meant A30. And no, I'm not going to remove that mission until I figure out what's causing those crashes, because this story doesn't make any sense.
I don't know about the C40 bug, everything plays fine on my side... perhaps it's something related to your graphic card?

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
That happens because when I originally made the visor bitmap, I had no idea that OS HUD scaling was going to be a thing. It looked fine on my monitor (which at the time was 4:3)

I've since made a wider version of the visor overlay, but I may have just extended the problem outward for those who have ultrawide resolutions. I'll see if I can make a better visor for SOI tomorrow.

That's indeed the issue. I'm playing at 1024x768, and I have designed the HUD for that specific resolution... I couldn't think that there were some people which used to play with larger monitors (Not that Etchya's resolution is that large, but RadWolfie's, on the other hand...)

Anyway, I guess this mod will be considered as the MCC of Halomaps...

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 02:39 PM    Msg. 196 of 231       

https://youtu.be/fGKtG4NICW8?t=5m47s

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 03:10 PM    Msg. 197 of 231       

"10/10 Mod of the year. The bugs are perfect – Ubisoft".

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 03:15 PM    Msg. 198 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz

"10/10 Mod of the year. The bugs are perfect – Ubisoft".

"Its not a bug it's a feature" -Todd Howard

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 05:54 PM    Msg. 199 of 231       
Edit: Scratch that, your script DOES work fine anywhere other than the area where you are interact the forerunner interface. Even standing close to it also cause the crash. I think it has to do with one of the old(?) volume trigger event/value or something in that area which kept causing the exception? Or possibility the "area" active when about to approach the interface.

I can confirm via "wake extra_mission" works before entering the tunnel, in the middle, and lastly far right corner of the tunnel's blast door (same location where interactive interface is at). Personally, I think this is the only section needs either a re-do or at least someone else may know how to get rid of proximity event for this area.

Can anyone else confirm this as well? It'll help other users to play at ease since SOI isn't getting this problem.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jul 2, 2016 at 07:53 PM

Alex Hce

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 12:08 AM    Msg. 200 of 231       
If an error my Graphics Card I continue to spend the same on the B40, but it turns out he got fixed the error in the B40, but in the C40 not, there must be something you've done in the B40 in this new version, Please see that you modified or fixed it, make it the same to C40, I'm pretty sure that is the error.

Thanks SOI, I hope you can fix please.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 03:55 PM    Msg. 201 of 231       
After some internal testing with RadWolfie and OctaVinyl, we have figured out what was causing the exception error on a30. It looks like it was the control panel combined with the old trigger_volume. Now the map should work without problems (all of us can play it without crashes, so I guess it should count for everyone). You can download it in the updated OP.

Said that, I guess the updates for this little project end here. Thank you all for your feedback and support. I hope that you had/will have fun with this campaign
Edited by SOI_7 on Jul 19, 2016 at 03:56 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 04:51 PM    Msg. 202 of 231       
Swag, I'll update the bulk DL whenever, though you'll probably bring out another update as soon as I do!

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 04:57 PM    Msg. 203 of 231       
Swag, I'll update the bulk DL whenever, though you'll probably bring out another update as soon as I do!

I seriously hope not! And sorry for making you go into these troubles

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 05:15 PM    Msg. 204 of 231       

I seriously hope not! And sorry for making you go into these troubles

Its no problem really.

So what are your plans after this?

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 05:25 PM    Msg. 205 of 231       
Its no problem really.

I have another project, not related to Halo, which I'd like to work on. I have actually posted some WIPs on the Semi-Official Gallery (do you remember that old energy pistol I was modeling?), and I'd like to continue working on those assets. I'm actually quite excited, because this is the first time I can use my full imagination, since I don't need to respect the Halo canons and rules
Edited by SOI_7 on Jul 19, 2016 at 05:26 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 05:38 PM    Msg. 206 of 231       

Its no problem really.

I have another project, not related to Halo, which I'd like to work on. I have actually posted some WIPs on the Semi-Official Gallery (do you remember that old energy pistol I was modeling?), and I'd like to continue working on those assets. I'm actually quite excited, because this is the first time I can use my full imagination, since I don't need to respect the Halo canons and rules
Edited by SOI_7 on Jul 19, 2016 at 05:26 PM

The energy pistol was from the weapons wip wasn't it? Sounds good though keep us updated!

TheMadDoctor

Love others to be loved

Posted: Sep 2, 2016 06:19 AM    Msg. 207 of 231       
has anyone else tried running the game in safe mode until they get past the bsp transition on a30? Because it crashes for me there until I just switched to safe mode and then switch back after it saved. Also I'm curious to know what's with the carrier form design. I'm not sure why the green fins are there. Also hi.

snark567

Duck bombs don’t intimidate carnivorous deer.

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 03:29 PM    Msg. 208 of 231       
"An unexpected error has occurred"

Rip post.

Ah, ok I'll make it short (and make a backup of the post just in case).

Played only a10 so far.

Things feel too detailed, it's hard to distinguish what I'm looking at when fights pick up pace, I just shoot at anything colorful moving. The new map you added lacks proper lighting, there are no shadows as if I'm playing Half-life 2 on fullbright. On top of that it's too big with many paths that go nowhere and a lot of locked doors for no reason, I felt like 70% of me playing the new map was just walkig around from door to door checking which door was locked and which wasn't.

The needler feels useless and I don't see a reason for the Assult Rifle to disable grenade throwing when being used. I can easily switch to another weapon so I can throw grenades so it kind of feels pointless for the AR to block that function.

Overall I liked it, I'll try the rest and I'll cry myself to sleep for wasting 30 min writing stuff that will never see the light of day. : ((((((((((((((

This mod will definitely benefit from Open Sauce shaders and better lighting.

PS: It definitely shows that you have invested a lot of time into this project, so don't get upset by the comments. In fact the only reason I'm posting my experience is because I like the mod, if I didn't I wouldn't bother : )
Glad to see that people are passionate about your project and write in details about their ideas and experiences.
Edited by snark567 on Sep 8, 2016 at 03:54 PM

Tech

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 01:50 AM    Msg. 209 of 231       
Assault Rifle has a grenade launcher, you have to find certain ammo crates for it to be enabled.

snark567

Duck bombs don’t intimidate carnivorous deer.

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 04:08 AM    Msg. 210 of 231       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
Assault Rifle has a grenade launcher, you have to find certain ammo crates for it to be enabled.

Ah I see, it makes sense now. Though isn't it possible to enable grenade throwing and just switch to the grenade launcher when needed? Maybe it will be too overpowered or too hard to implement.

Anyways thanks for the info. : )

Page 6 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · [6] · 7 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 11:53 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website