A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure

Page 2 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure (230 messages, Page 2 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:11 PM    Msg. 36 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
The mod is almost 2 GBs and takes a whole day to upload

Save your net, I'll do it.

P.S. 250 KB/s are a dream where I live

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:13 PM    Msg. 37 of 230       
The mod is almost 2 GBs and takes a whole day to upload

Save your net, I'll do it.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

P.S. 250 KB/s are a dream where I live

Good luck downloading all Halo 5 updates :D

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 19, 2016 12:17 PM    Msg. 38 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Wanker

HALO SSA Packaged download

- Sniptacular -

Man, I've just downloaded it all manually -.-

Cheer up buttercup you now have +7 dexterity. (and carpal tunnel o.o)

It's something!

Well I just played a few missions SOI.

Things I liked:

. Encounters. (was playing on hard)
. Vehicles. (<3 them hogs :D)
. Bipeds.
. Textures. (Love the grass)
. Sky.

Things I disliked:

. Weapons. (WTF Br reflex sight looks awful)
. More weapons. (Not digging some of the re-textures especially the recoil spring on the AR)
. Even more weapons. (AR GL looked a little sketchy to me.)
. Lens flare. (It doesn't show up a lot but the effect feels sort of like it's there to fit into the next gen crowd.

Things I was indifferent about:

. No OS.

7.9/10 - Better than TSC:E because I have never played it.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 19, 2016 01:27 PM    Msg. 39 of 230       
I wish I could play this with hud scaling enabled.

lolslayer

Posted: May 19, 2016 01:38 PM    Msg. 40 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Indeed, I would really like hud scaling aswell

and what to do at the mission: "Halo", I'm in the custom BSP part at the other end of the canyon and nothing seems to happen...

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: May 19, 2016 03:27 PM    Msg. 41 of 230       

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 19, 2016 03:28 PM    Msg. 42 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird

For some reason, it still exceptions on my side: https://youtu.be/3xRgjRerNDc
what if it's for everyone, but not just you?

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: May 19, 2016 03:35 PM    Msg. 43 of 230       
What's with the HUD scaling?

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 19, 2016 03:40 PM    Msg. 44 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
What's with the HUD scaling?
are you using HAC2?

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 19, 2016 04:25 PM    Msg. 45 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

If you're using OS you can play with HUD scaling. You just have to manually adjust the X-axis.

lolslayer

Posted: May 20, 2016 03:13 AM    Msg. 46 of 230       
Still don't know what to do on A30...

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 20, 2016 06:44 AM    Msg. 47 of 230       

Did you clear up the area near the river? If so, look around until you find Johnson.

At this point, I'd suggest to everyone who is still experiencing exception errors to update their Vorbis dlls or disable HAC2/OS while playing (although I highly doubt that's the problem, since I have OS installed as well).

HUD scaling was something I had planned at a certain point, but since Halo doesn't have an individual allignment for each HUD element, it would have forced me to make several duplicates of the parent HUD just to allign each element of the visor, and I didn't think it was worth the effort

Tech

Posted: May 20, 2016 07:16 AM    Msg. 48 of 230       
A30 still exceptions for me...
But I'm lost at A50, after I kill the Drinol, I walk to the door and a forcefield just appears and I'm stuck in the jail room with gravity pickups all around...
I need to point out that Brutes have stupidly large health; they can survive a direct hit from a rocket! The Mauler seems useless and the Spiker seems to be the best all around weapon.

I can't hijack vehicles :(
Edited by Tech on May 21, 2016 at 12:30 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: May 20, 2016 07:27 AM    Msg. 49 of 230       

Did you clear up the area near the river? If so, look around until you find Johnson.

At this point, I'd suggest to everyone who is still experiencing exception errors to update their Vorbis dlls or disable HAC2/OS while playing (although I highly doubt that's the problem, since I have OS installed as well).

HUD scaling was something I had planned at a certain point, but since Halo doesn't have an individual allignment for each HUD element, it would have forced me to make several duplicates of the parent HUD just to allign each element of the visor, and I didn't think it was worth the effort

Quote:
If you're using OS you can play with HUD scaling. You just have to manually adjust the X-axis.

I played B30 with OS disabled and I still get exceptioned. :/

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 20, 2016 08:16 AM    Msg. 50 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth
everyone who is still experiencing exception errors to update their Vorbis dlls

How do we do this?

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1632

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
I played B30 with OS disabled and I still get exceptioned. :/

B30 TOO?! But it doesn't have an extended BSP!

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: May 20, 2016 08:30 AM    Msg. 51 of 230       
yesterday i played d40 and the flood "boss" at the middle of the level was very hard to kill... because he spawned upsidedown and he wouldn't follow you, so i had to push him all the way to the lasser with the brute shot, tookme like 30 mins to do, i don't think thats was the kind of difficulty you were looking on.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 20, 2016 08:40 AM    Msg. 52 of 230       
Alright everyone. This thing with exception errors is getting too far for my taste. It's impossible that it's a problem that SOI can solve, and rather I'm starting to fully believe that it's a personal problem that YOU people have. Quit the chatter here. If you're getting random exceptions all the time, SOLVE YOUR GODDAMN PROBLEM YOURSELVES! Even if you're trying to report bugs by repeatedly saying "MY COMPUTAR IZ CRASHING EVERYWEAR!11!1!1", you're not doing much in reality, and rather, you're bound to spread a bad word-of-mouth and cause bigger problems than you think. People will start to think that everyone has this problem, when in fact a REALLY small minority of clueless gamers (thank god) even have it. The mod is fully working for my CRAPPY laptop with an abysmal Intel GPU, which was UNABLE to run GZDOOM, and all the BSPs are perfectly loading, and I NEVER encountered a SINGLE exception error, even while recording with FRAPs. As a matter of fact, I encountered more exception errors playing CMT SPV3 with OpenSauce than anything else. Does that mean I'll harass people because of it?? NO! If NOBODY has a solution to a problem, there isn't a problem in the first place! Move on buddy! I also had many problems regarding exception errors with maps such as the Lumoria campaign, and what I did was reinstall the game and follow instructions in the forums which I researched via Google. Worked perfectly and NEVER crashed again. I didn't harass the Lumoria team because of it and I didn't attempt to have a "YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS" kind of ridiculous, childish attitude. So either solve the problem yourselves or DON'T play this amazing campaign mod. Your choice. Now STOP the discussion of "A30 IS CRASHING AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE MISSION!!11!1!" because it makes all of you, supposedly "veteran Halo CE players" look like "foolish CoD noobs". Live up to your names for god's sake. I guarantee you all that you either have a defective Halo Custom Edition installation or you have a computer that's incapable of catering the needs of the aging Halo engine. Or maybe you have both problems. And I also guarantee that SOI will NOT be able to solve your problem, simply because he's not you. More hilarious yet is how people find this mod "hard". Seriously?? Aside of having complaints that "MAI COMPUTAR IZ CRASHENG EVERYWEAR!!11! HELP PLZ!11!", how we have "I CANT NOT FIND THE NEXT OBJECTIVE"? Oh my god. Really? So aside of "gently" asking SOI to basically reprogram everything from scratch so that it suits your crappy setup, you also want him to include waypoints to point EVERY SINGLE OBJECTIVE? Honestly, I found that this mod already HAS too many waypoints already (especially in A30), telling me precisely where to go and what to do, instead of having to figure things out for myself. Goddamn, this forum is full of morally questionable babies. If I see any further comments of exception errors or "I'm getting lost at X map" and I'll burst out laughing out loud. You can all b**ch about how you dislike the mod and how you don't like certain aesthetics and point out bugs, because that's criticism and criticism is always welcome as long as it's constructive and beneficial. Again, this is NOT an OpenSauce mod and if you're going to b**ch all day about that too then you better go away and wait for SPV3. Spamming obnoxious comments will NOT help and it's NOT criticism and it's called flat out IDIOCY. End of discussion. THE END. Capiche?
Edited by gabrieloup on May 20, 2016 at 09:12 AM

tanju77

Doing moderator's job

Posted: May 20, 2016 08:44 AM    Msg. 53 of 230       
Alright, just completed playing A10. Congrats SOI, it was an amazing experience, but still I have few suggestions you might consider --
1) Well, I noticed the marines have very low health and tend to die quickly also they don't finch either

2)AND, why the hell are the funny dialogues?? all I hear is a few grunt voices, even fewer elite and marine voice except "ohh ahhhh blah blah"

3)the custom Bsp you added was a bit boring I mean it didn't had the 'epicness' the original campaign had..also the dropship was annoying for me.

4) shooting tonnes of needlers was not enjoyable anymore:(

5) why did you decreased the impact range of grenades?!? I think they were the COOLEST weapons (expect pistols & snipers and blah blah) in halo ce.

BUT STILL I LOVED - LOVED - AND LOVED THIS MOD ^_^

Also thanks for leaving it open source. Unlike the crappy ANTRAX mods. Downloading A30 soon:)

lolslayer

Posted: May 20, 2016 10:09 AM    Msg. 54 of 230       

Thx, will look for him next time

And please, give us HUD scaling, it's hard to see how many rounds you have left if the shield display is overlapping it

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: May 20, 2016 10:20 AM    Msg. 55 of 230       
Well, played the campaign mod. All in all, it is great, and fun, and a little creepy (that sleeping flood form did kinda give me the creeps), and it kinda uses some bsps seen from other maps, take snowgrove for example, using it on a30.

Enough of that, well here are things I want to say about the whole mod:
- The shotgun looks so cute.
- The Assault Rifle is too loud.
- There's no HUD scaling on higher resolutions.
- The whirling Rocket Barrel looks funny.
- The Six wheeled hog looks funny too, considering its not as loud as the original hog.
- The Locust walks Curley weird.
- Brute Chieftains are weak against the hog Lel.
- The Shotgun is kinda the only thing that you'd be using in flood levels, it's kinda useful.
- The Sentinels look good too.
- Well, not the beams though, I feel like they're useless.
- The maps don't give me any exceptions, except for when I use hac_widescreen 0.
- The energy sword is pointless to me.
- The compass is locked to vertical rather than horizontal.

Well, that's all I could say. But seriously, there should be HUD scaling. It's hard to see what's going on.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 20, 2016 10:46 AM    Msg. 56 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinyl
- The maps don't give me any exceptions, except for when I use hac_widescreen 0.

I guess that's why some people are having exceptions and other don't. I have updated the OP so that everyone can know it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
yesterday i played d40 and the flood "boss" at the middle of the level was very hard to kill... because he spawned upsidedown and he wouldn't follow you, so i had to push him all the way to the lasser with the brute shot, tookme like 30 mins to do, i don't think thats was the kind of difficulty you were looking on.

No, that's not normal indeed o.o
I guess it's because I have enabled the "can climb any surface" flag in the biped tag. I had to do it because if you don't use it the Flood walks on the ramps without aligning properly with the floor, resulting in a weird floating animation. Unluckily Halo didn't have any quadruped character, so I guess that's something hard-coded. Maybe I'll use some scenery to block the Flood on critical areas, or change the BSP a bit.

And I understand that HUD scaling is a serious issue for most of you. I designed this mod without taking it into account, but I guess it needs to be fixed in a future release. Meanwhile, I suggest you to disable it in OS and/or HAC2.

"SOI's Singleplayer Adventure v2" is officially a thing now
Edited by SOI_7 on May 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM

helldeath360

Posted: May 20, 2016 12:50 PM    Msg. 57 of 230       
Hey, here i show you a summary video of all the mission and all the extra missions and bosses , new things etc ,that these maps have ,

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcrj_ZaIAc0

Super Flanker

Posted: May 20, 2016 02:51 PM    Msg. 58 of 230       

Notify me for map upadates so I can ammend the bulk dl link.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 20, 2016 02:57 PM    Msg. 59 of 230       
Quote: --- Original message by: gabrieloup

Alright everyone. This thing with exception errors is getting too far for my taste. It's impossible that it's a problem that SOI can solve, and rather I'm starting to fully believe that it's a personal problem that YOU people have. Quit the chatter here. If you're getting random exceptions all the time, SOLVE YOUR GODDAMN PROBLEM YOURSELVES! Even if you're trying to report bugs by repeatedly saying "MY COMPUTAR IZ CRASHING EVERYWEAR!11!1!1", you're not doing much in reality, and rather, you're bound to spread a bad word-of-mouth and cause bigger problems than you think. People will start to think that everyone has this problem, when in fact a REALLY small minority of clueless gamers (thank god) even have it. The mod is fully working for my CRAPPY laptop with an abysmal Intel GPU, which was UNABLE to run GZDOOM, and all the BSPs are perfectly loading, and I NEVER encountered a SINGLE exception error, even while recording with FRAPs. As a matter of fact, I encountered more exception errors playing CMT SPV3 with OpenSauce than anything else. Does that mean I'll harass people because of it?? NO! If NOBODY has a solution to a problem, there isn't a problem in the first place! Move on buddy! I also had many problems regarding exception errors with maps such as the Lumoria campaign, and what I did was reinstall the game and follow instructions in the forums which I researched via Google. Worked perfectly and NEVER crashed again. I didn't harass the Lumoria team because of it and I didn't attempt to have a "YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS" kind of ridiculous, childish attitude. So either solve the problem yourselves or DON'T play this amazing campaign mod. Your choice. Now STOP the discussion of "A30 IS CRASHING AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE MISSION!!11!1!" because it makes all of you, supposedly "veteran Halo CE players" look like "foolish CoD noobs". Live up to your names for god's sake. I guarantee you all that you either have a defective Halo Custom Edition installation or you have a computer that's incapable of catering the needs of the aging Halo engine. Or maybe you have both problems. And I also guarantee that SOI will NOT be able to solve your problem, simply because he's not you. More hilarious yet is how people find this mod "hard". Seriously?? Aside of having complaints that "MAI COMPUTAR IZ CRASHENG EVERYWEAR!!11! HELP PLZ!11!", how we have "I CANT NOT FIND THE NEXT OBJECTIVE"? Oh my god. Really? So aside of "gently" asking SOI to basically reprogram everything from scratch so that it suits your crappy setup, you also want him to include waypoints to point EVERY SINGLE OBJECTIVE? Honestly, I found that this mod already HAS too many waypoints already (especially in A30), telling me precisely where to go and what to do, instead of having to figure things out for myself. Goddamn, this forum is full of morally questionable babies. If I see any further comments of exception errors or "I'm getting lost at X map" and I'll burst out laughing out loud. You can all b**ch about how you dislike the mod and how you don't like certain aesthetics and point out bugs, because that's criticism and criticism is always welcome as long as it's constructive and beneficial. Again, this is NOT an OpenSauce mod and if you're going to b**ch all day about that too then you better go away and wait for SPV3. Spamming obnoxious comments will NOT help and it's NOT criticism and it's called flat out IDIOCY. End of discussion. THE END. Capiche?
Edited by gabrieloup on May 20, 2016 at 09:12 AM

From what I can read this this garbled want to be a paragraph.. you are upset because the mod doesn't run for everyone? Because of bugs in the map?

I wouldn't expect someone who knows nothing about modding to tell people how to make their mods? There is clearly a problem with the way some of his tags or scripts are implemented, and guess what? Some of us want to play this as well. It has nothing to do with peoples individual hardware. There is no "reprograming everything from scratch" as you seem to think. There is likely one small point of failure that once identified will take a few minutes to fix.

This is more than just a few people complaining, you have to factor in for every person on this forum posting, you have 100 people who aren't having the same thing happening.

I also notice in all your posts you have to bring up SPV3 when you talk about this mod. Why? Neither SOI nor I appreciate this. SOI has done a fantastic job doing what HE wanted to do, and everyone seems to recognize it deserves to be looked at in it's own light, and it's accomplishments. Except you who feels a need to try and create a discussion of comparing it to a larger project, which in fact SOI is a leading member of.

You are certainly welcome to your opinions, but right now your opinions are well.. stupid and grating to read.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 20, 2016 03:30 PM    Msg. 60 of 230       

Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinyl

I guess that's why some people are having exceptions and other don't. I have updated the OP so that everyone can know it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

No, that's not normal indeed o.o
I guess it's because I have enabled the "can climb any surface" flag in the biped tag. I had to do it because if you don't use it the Flood walks on the ramps without aligning properly with the floor, resulting in a weird floating animation. Unluckily Halo didn't have any quadruped character, so I guess that's something hard-coded. Maybe I'll use some scenery to block the Flood on critical areas, or change the BSP a bit.

And I understand that HUD scaling is a serious issue for most of you. I designed this mod without taking it into account, but I guess it needs to be fixed in a future release. Meanwhile, I suggest you to disable it in OS and/or HAC2.

Since SSA v2 is a thing now, then I'd like to address SOME complaints I had with SSA v1 :

1.Most of the new BSPs in the maps are *cough* atrocious conversions of multiplayer maps. Some of them look REALLY good like the one in A10 for example, but some like in D40 and the "Snow Grove" part at A30 are just lame. The problem with these maps in particular is that they look nothing like Bungie's original work, and transitioning between one BSP to the other is jarring. There should be some level of consistency in every term of the word, including how it transitions, what map it transitions to and how it transits back to the original level. You shouldn't press a switch and instantly black out and then appear somewhere else completely disconnected, and worse yet, you reused some parts of A10 itself as one of the new BSPs, which when I played the map for the first time, I wanted to cringe but I couldn't (since the gameplay is way too satisfying for me to complain).

I was reading through your posts a few weeks ago, one by one, and noticed you said something about converting multiplayer maps into singleplayer portions. Originally, I expected to be the ORIGINAL (you know, Bungie's?) multiplayer maps, not custom ones already available on halomaps. So I'd like to suggest you to re-work all the singleplayer maps from scratch and add portions of the multiplayer maps by Bungie. For example, what about using Timberland and Danger Canyon as A30 BSPs? I bet that riding through Danger Canyon with the Elephant must be a LOT more fun than trying to screw around with the camera so you can see something inside that tiny Snow Grove portion. And finally, you should use the transitions in ways that make more sense. Pressing a switch and then blacking out and then suddenly appear in the middle of a forest DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! Use something like a Blood Gulch teleporter or something. Now THESE would make sense and wouldn't break the immersion. So for these maps, for example, once you complete the original A10 mission, when you get to the Pelican, the mission wouldn't end, and instead, it would lead you to these other maps. For example, You'd go to Danger Canyon first and assault it with an Elephant and destroy the AA gun, and then assault Timberland and take it as the Alpha Base. Otherwise, the concept of having some of the best moments of Halo 4 mixed in the game is REALLY good. On top of that, I noticed that you decided to make Alpha Base (from the Halo: The Flood novel) be part of the story, which I found interesting. You should use more ideas like this next time, combining parts from the other novels and games.

2.Most of the "boss fights" are either infuriatingly easy or infuriatingly clunky. The D40 part with the flood boss thing. I almost wanted to bash my head on the keyboard, but thanks to the intense training of Ninja Gaiden 2, I didn't and I persisted. Thanks, Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja difficulty. It was extremely infuriating to drag the boss around, needing more than 14 grenades to make him FLINCH a nerve in it's AI brain to follow me. The concept of the boss itself, on the other hand, was cool, for having something invincible that can't die unless you drag him into something that can kill the boss (in other words, a PUZZLE! IN HALO!) but it's just poorly coded and the map itself looks as ugly as it could possibly be. The A50 boss was just a huge wall to shoot at. Honestly, the Drinol (dunno if I'm spelling it right) is an interesting boss but I wish he appeared elsewhere, maybe in the same level. For example, what if he had more health and was faster, and spawned in the place of the first pair of hunters (in the gravity lift)? Now THAT would be cool, to have a sort of King Kong fight where you and marines have to deal with a huge creature that kills anything in one hit. Considering the space in that part of the level is huge and there's lots of places to jump, it would be an interesting boss fight since you'd have to use your agility and weapon management to beat him.

The Locust in B30 is pretty pathetic for a boss. He isn't menacing, interesting or even hard or varied in any way. You should just remove him from the mod entirely and free B30's tag space with better stuff.

Honestly, when I played Halo 1 as a kid, I was always shocked there was never a final boss. If you could realize that wish for me somehow, that would be great. What about fighting 343 Guilty Spark right before blowing up the vents? He would SUDDENLY teleport you to somewhere COMPLETELY different (not even inside or NEAR the POA), say, Timberland (Alpha Base, which would've been destroyed with full of dead humans and red gore everywhere), where he gets into a big Mecha suit armed with a REALLY BIG laser cannon (like a huge Sentinel Beam), and then the only weapon that can defeat him would be an infinite-ammo Spartan Laser aimed right at it's back, which would be introduced during the fight and would ONLY be used in that level (that is, it wouldn't appear in any other mission). The boss fight would encourage stealth tactics, since you can't damage him anywhere else. And then, when you destroy his suit, he escapes it before it's destruction and he teleports himself back into the POA, and Cortana would also teleport you back into the POA to destroy the vents. He wouldn't be way too big either, since Guilty Spark would act as the suit's head and the suit shouldn't be so big that you wouldn't call his head as a "head". It shouldn't look like this : http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7b/SuperBattleDroidDetail-SWE.png/revision/latest?cb=20111224211828 but rather like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/df/78/f2df78c6a2dfe8aebe101186b154be54.jpg

In the end, you should have boss fights in the maps A50, B40, C40 and D40. A50 would be the Drinol (in the gravity lift part, which he would appear instead of two Hunters), B40 would be a Scarab (in the end of B40, which you'd need to use the Hornet, a fight that focuses on vehicle expertise), C40 would be a flood boss or something (can't think of something right now, but maybe a Flood converted Drinol which shoots flood things at you and the only way to kill it is to draw him somewhere?) and D40 would be Guilty Spark. Speaking about flood converted things, what about flood versions of blind wolves?

3.Maybe some changes with the sounds, such as having more Halo 2, 3, 4, ODST, Reach and Wars sounds for enemies, weapons and even misc things such as walking and so on. This is not important, so you should tackle this the last.

I hope I wrote my comment in a coherent manner and I hope I didn't offend anyone. The rest of the mod, like the models, sounds and the gameplay itself, are CRYSTAL PERFECT. In my opinion, I can't see improvement in those departments. The music choice is AMAZING. The models look AWESOME. The gameplay is a DREAM. What's important to change is the map design and some of the AI, and nothing else unless you really feel like there's more to improve. You should try the CMT SPV1 and 2 maps and try some inspiration from there. If you could completely eradicate the "black out teleport" sort of things and do something like in CMT SPV2 where it uses BSP triggers to travel seamlessly from one old BSP to a new BSP, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Super Flanker

Posted: May 20, 2016 04:47 PM    Msg. 61 of 230       
Please, please for the love of god stop doing a sparky.

8 sentences or shut yer trap.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 20, 2016 04:49 PM    Msg. 62 of 230       
-snip-

I'd like to stop you there and clarify some things before you go on:

1: If those maps are atrocious or not, it's just a matter of opinions (though I think saying that is quite disrespectful towards the authors of the aforementioned maps). Yes, they are quite different from the stock maps. But there's a reason if I chose them: I had to use maps that fit the missions I had in mind. I could have done the maps by myself, of course, but I suck at modelling BSPs, and portals are a nightmare you can't understand (really, you can't if you don't make maps). In order to incorporate them I had to move them from their original location, so that they wouldn't have clipped with the original areas (causing some persistent sceneries), and even for such a small and insignificant modification I spent AGES before re-exporting the modified maps with working portals and proper materials. That's a struggle I seriously don't want to see again in my life, which brings me to point 2

2: Transitions are in that way for the already explained BSP locations. CMT didn't use any teleporting script for their extended areas, they are custom BSPs with connected zones specifically made in order to look seamless with the stock BSPs. Just imagine two rooms separated by a door: the rooms are the stock BSPs, and what CMT did was putting a full circular corridor behind the door that, once you reach its end, brings you to the other room. Now, consider my previously written problems with BSP modelling, and imagine how I could have done this

3: The extended section in a10 isn't part of the original map as you said, it's "Launch Bay" by EJ Burke. Even so, what's wrong with using another segment of the original campaign?

4: Conversions of stock multiplayer maps into singleplayer maps are something already seen several times, and I didn't want to do it again. Do you know which famous project used Danger Canyon for a singleplayer project as well?

5: BloodGulch teleports for transition zones imho are more illogical than the black fades, because they involve some weird magic that doesn't belong to the original canon. What works in multiplayer doesn't always work in an actual story. I prefer leaving to the player imaginating that after opening that door, he walked through a corridor and went into another area. I'm not happy either with such a cheap method, but, points 1 and 2 should make you understand

6: You always need to remember that, without Open Sauce, the tagspace left is very limited. Adding so many things like the ones you suggested is not completely possible

7: The Flood in d40 is bugged and we all have figured it out. It won't be like that once I understand how to fix it

8: The Drinol is there for canon purposes. It is said that the Covenant kept them prisoned because they are too violent to be displaced in combat, and that's why you find it in a jail inside the T&R. Making it appear in the gravity lift, while more interesting from a gameplay aspect, would break this rule. And it would also ruin the magic discovery of the Hunters that you have in the original Halo, something I didn't want to remove

9:
Quote: The Locust in B30 is pretty pathetic for a boss. He isn't menacing, interesting or even hard or varied in any way. You should just remove him from the mod entirely and free B30's tag space with better stuff

And throw out of the window one of the few things I did completely from scratch simply because you don't like it? That's quite rude, considering that someone else wanted it. You could at least have suggested a way to improve it...

10: The whole boss post has way more things than I can implement, and d40 has like 0.04 MB of free tagspace. And don't make me start about the Scarab...

11: There are way more changed sounds than you think, trust me. Just take a look at the tags in HEK+

12: There won't be a "next time". The v2 will just be a fixed version of the current build, nothing more. I spent 3 years on this project, playing it to the nausea, and the fact that even with all these days of work and the beta, it still isn't fully working literally INFURIATES me. Once I have fixed all this mess I don't want to see it for the rest of my life. Plus, the current tags aren't fully functional, and you want me to add even MORE tags? That's suicide

13: You're too kind, really

I already know this post will sound harsh, but I don't want to be misunderstood, and I'm quite tired and pissed off. Hope you'll understand
Edited by SOI_7 on May 22, 2016 at 05:36 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: May 20, 2016 05:03 PM    Msg. 63 of 230       
-SNIP-

Sum 1 understands me.

12: There won't be a "next time". The v2 will just be a fixed version of the current build, nothing more. I spent 3 years on this project, playing it to the nausea, and the fact that even with all these days of work and the beta, it still isn't fully working literally INFURIATES me. Once I have fixed all this mess I don't want to see it for the rest of my life. Plus, the current tags aren't fully functional, and you want me add even MORE tags? That's suicide

13: You're too kind, really

I already know this post will sound harsh, but I don't want to be misunderstood, and I'm quite tired and pissed off. Hope you'll understand

I'm making this post because I understand the feelings which can arise when a passion project turns into heart wrenching stabathon.

But believe me when I say you have endured for 3 years so please do not let these little niggles get to you.

Very rarely do things come out to be perfect no matter how long we spend on them. So take a breather and come back fresh with your ammendments on the morrow.

What you have so far isn't terrible and it isn't nothing a bit a spit and polish won't cure.

Aer

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted: May 20, 2016 06:17 PM    Msg. 64 of 230       
I may ask for more nav points in the custom bsps some of them are really confusing.

gabrieloup

Posted: May 20, 2016 09:16 PM    Msg. 65 of 230       

-snip-

boo
Edited by SOI_7 on May 20, 2016 at 04:58 PM

Now that you explained it all, I understand. Well then, I'm happy for a fixed version at least. Problem is that I'll then have to halt all recordings of the mod until a fixed version is available. At least I'll be able to play it all again on higher difficulties and explore the maps a bit more (since I didn't play Halo 1 for a while now). Already completed the campaign on Normal. Really amazing. The star of the show is the gameplay though, which feels like Halo 4 shooting mixed with Halo 3 physics with Halo 2 enemies. I even found that secret weapon of yours, which I won't say what it is (so that everyone gets spoiled), but it's a really nice gun. Honestly, the maps I preferred the most go in this order (from best to not-so-best) : a30 (gotta love the fact that you put a part of Halo 2's "Delta Halo" mission in one BSP and the best part of Halo 4's "Reclaimer" mission with the end part of Halo 3's "The Storm" in the other BSP), a10 (cool references to the Halo 4 "Dawn" mission), b40 (the BSP of destroying 3 power cores was pretty good), d40 (I'm sure this map will be awesome once it's fixed), a50 (the Drinol fight was a good surprise and the mission's a lot more fun thanks to the upgraded AI and better weapons), b30 (well, it was alright I guess, I expected more like in CMT SPV2, but then again this isn't CMT SPV2, as good and bad as this might sound), c10 (good job with the new triggers), c20 (never found this mission interesting in the first place, but great job with the Flood Juggernaut, which is probably my favorite boss out of the mod, and nice try making the mission a bit more fun with all the new guns and stuff).

The problem with the Locust is that it feels like a Wraith with legs, that's all. Maybe you could've replaced it with a Scarab that circles around the Island, in the water. But then again, maybe. I won't bother any of you anymore on this thread or maybe even the forums since I said what I thought I needed to say and now I'll just leave. Good luck with the fixed versions.

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: May 20, 2016 09:37 PM    Msg. 66 of 230       

-snip-

boo
Edited by SOI_7 on May 20, 2016 at 04:58 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/obama-meh/well-fine.jpg
Now that you explained it all, I understand. Well then, I'm happy for a fixed version at least. Problem is that I'll then have to halt all recordings of the mod until a fixed version is available. At least I'll be able to play it all again on higher difficulties and explore the maps a bit more (since I didn't play Halo 1 for a while now). Already completed the campaign on Normal. Really amazing. The star of the show is the gameplay though, which feels like Halo 4 shooting mixed with Halo 3 physics with Halo 2 enemies. I even found that secret weapon of yours, which I won't say what it is (so that everyone gets spoiled), but it's a really nice gun. Honestly, the maps I preferred the most go in this order (from best to not-so-best) : a30 (gotta love the fact that you put a part of Halo 2's "Delta Halo" mission in one BSP and the best part of Halo 4's "Reclaimer" mission with the end part of Halo 3's "The Storm" in the other BSP), a10 (cool references to the Halo 4 "Dawn" mission), b40 (the BSP of destroying 3 power cores was pretty good), d40 (I'm sure this map will be awesome once it's fixed), a50 (the Drinol fight was a good surprise and the mission's a lot more fun thanks to the upgraded AI and better weapons), b30 (well, it was alright I guess, I expected more like in CMT SPV2, but then again this isn't CMT SPV2, as good and bad as this might sound), c10 (good job with the new triggers), c20 (never found this mission interesting in the first place, but great job with the Flood Juggernaut, which is probably my favorite boss out of the mod, and nice try making the mission a bit more fun with all the new guns and stuff).

The problem with the Locust is that it feels like a Wraith with legs, that's all. Maybe you could've replaced it with a Scarab that circles around the Island, in the water. But then again, maybe. I won't bother any of you anymore on this thread or maybe even the forums since I said what I thought I needed to say and now I'll just leave. Good luck with the fixed versions.
jeez man, not to be rude, but you're talking like a nerd, like all of these words coming out of your mouth, like you're a non-stop talking person. :l
Edited by MrBoringCom on May 20, 2016 at 09:37 PM

Mokou Price

Posted: May 21, 2016 12:43 AM    Msg. 67 of 230       
This is the best single player remake I had ever play
Improved atmosphere, soundtrack and gameplay experience
I scared shet out when I played c10
But the new campaign part isn't that interesting to play
Like those boss fight, it doesn't work well. They are extremely strong but the health are extremely low. They can kill you with a punch but you can also kill them with two plasma grenades, this doesn't feel like a boss fight.
Also the boss fight of the last level doesn't work at all, it sticks on the floor and you need to help it out by throwing grenades. And it is too weak and small. At least make it looks bigger.
Edited by Mokou Price on May 21, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: May 21, 2016 03:45 AM    Msg. 68 of 230       
I enjoyed this, but I felt that the extra BSP in A10 was a little out of place. the timing of it could have been better, the transition was wrong.

I'd also like to point out that at the end of the A10 custom BSP in the final cut scene, you can see a second Master Chief in the background.
Edited by Jobalisk on May 21, 2016 at 03:47 AM

Tech

Posted: May 21, 2016 05:05 AM    Msg. 69 of 230       
The D40 Boss... I had to brute shot melee it across the room to the death beam...

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 21, 2016 05:40 AM    Msg. 70 of 230       
Are Hunters supposed to have so much health? They take so many bullets to kill that I run out of ammo with all weapons I can find nearby.

Page 2 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 8:41 AM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website