A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure

Page 3 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure (232 messages, Page 3 of 7)
Moderators: Dennis

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: May 21, 2016 07:26 AM    Msg. 71 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Are Hunters supposed to have so much health? They take so many bullets to kill that I run out of ammo with all weapons I can find nearby.

Brute spikers wreck hunters though

But indeed, hunters are overkill

gabrieloup

Posted: May 21, 2016 08:24 AM    Msg. 72 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mokou Price

This is the best single player remake I had ever play
Improved atmosphere, soundtrack and gameplay experience
I scared shet out when I played c10
But the new campaign part isn't that interesting to play
Like those boss fight, it doesn't work well. They are extremely strong but the health are extremely low. They can kill you with a punch but you can also kill them with two plasma grenades, this doesn't feel like a boss fight.
Also the boss fight of the last level doesn't work at all, it sticks on the floor and you need to help it out by throwing grenades. And it is too weak and small. At least make it looks bigger.
Edited by Mokou Price on May 21, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Are Hunters supposed to have so much health? They take so many bullets to kill that I run out of ammo with all weapons I can find nearby.

lol I thought the same thing. Heck, even the Hunters themselves have more health than the actual bosses themselves.

And since I'm posting...

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk

I enjoyed this, but I felt that the extra BSP in A10 was a little out of place. the timing of it could have been better, the transition was wrong.

I'd also like to point out that at the end of the A10 custom BSP in the final cut scene, you can see a second Master Chief in the background.

Edited by Jobalisk on May 21, 2016 at 03:47 AM

Pretend that this "second Master Chief" is Linda.
Edited by gabrieloup on May 21, 2016 at 08:31 AM

Mokou Price

Posted: May 21, 2016 08:27 AM    Msg. 73 of 232       
Will you fix the game crash when playing a30 with OS?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 21, 2016 08:42 AM    Msg. 74 of 232       
Playing with OS. No problems here whatsoever with HUD scaling disabled.
Played through A10 and half of A30 tonight.
Exceeded my expectations with the new BSP bits, I loved every moment. It's this kind of gameplay I'm looking for in custom single player maps.
Very eager to play some more when I've got the chance. Great work SOI!

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 21, 2016 09:59 AM    Msg. 75 of 232       
There are some things you could change for the next version, I will list a few, probably add more later:
-Change music's type to music so player could change its volume in settings;
-Do something about BR's firing sound because most of the time it can only be heard from right headphone which is very annoying;
-Add low shield sound maybe? I often die because I didn't notice my shields are almost empty;
-Needler is quite annoying, maybe reduce its firing rate for AI or projectile speed so a few grunts wouldn't kill you instantly;
-Reduce Hunters health;
-Slightly reduce banshee's projectile damage;
-Add vehicle and passenger health HUDs;
-Try to make it so blood doesn't glow in the dark
Edited by altis94 on May 21, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Kinnet

Xfire: kinnet_zero69

Posted: May 21, 2016 10:07 AM    Msg. 76 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
The D40 Boss... I had to brute shot melee it across the room to the death beam...

HAHA i though i was the only one who did that.

wolf777blizard

Posted: May 21, 2016 11:52 AM    Msg. 77 of 232       
hi everyone i have an error when i reach the checkpoint my hands and weapons turn black plus cant see the effects like muzzle fire or any particle effect. can someone help me?

Edited by wolf777blizard on May 21, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Edited by wolf777blizard on May 21, 2016 at 03:37 PM

Aer

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted: May 21, 2016 12:56 PM    Msg. 78 of 232       
the last mision is almost impossible due to the destructible hog, maybe this can be fixed by trowing some hogs along the way so the player can take a new one?

Microsoft Sam

Posted: May 21, 2016 01:12 PM    Msg. 79 of 232       
I had two issues so far. The marines can melee you in the back, killing you. On the level Halo, entering the warthog right after activating the first door in the cave causes an exception.

Edit: It causes an exception even if you're not in the warthog.
Edited by Microsoft Sam on May 21, 2016 at 01:30 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 21, 2016 07:45 PM    Msg. 80 of 232       
-Add low shield sound maybe? I often die because I didn't notice my shields are almost empty;

Maybe you just can't play halo.

Too much S.T.A.L.K.E.R imo.
Edited by Super Flanker on May 21, 2016 at 07:46 PM

Spartan314

Posted: May 21, 2016 08:39 PM    Msg. 81 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: Microsoft Sam
I had two issues so far. The marines can melee you in the back, killing you. On the level Halo, entering the warthog right after activating the first door in the cave causes an exception.

Edit: It causes an exception even if you're not in the warthog.
Edited by Microsoft Sam on May 21, 2016 at 01:30 PM

Hmmm... that's where it's supposed to load the custom BSP
I hopped right back into the hog after activating the panel and it worked just fine for me. I don't know what would've happened if I stayed outside the warthog.
Edited by Spartan314 on May 21, 2016 at 08:39 PM

Tech

Posted: May 21, 2016 09:28 PM    Msg. 82 of 232       
Cortana's face looks a bit funny, it's always showing her teeth so she's like always stupidly grinning at you when she talks, it wasn't a problem with the original because there were, erhm, closed lips.
EDIT: How come I can't board wraiths (I do know you have to kill the turret), or ghosts for that matter? I walk near the enemy vehicle and nothing happens, no "press e to something" appears and I just get run over.

Damn, I really wanted to play A30 but it exceptions.. I really wanted to use the Airstrike for the laser-sniper.
There should be more turrets that could be used in the campaign.
Edited by Tech on May 22, 2016 at 01:42 AM

For some reason, my compass only appears when I'm zoomed in (with the laser rifle at least.)
It's a problem on my end, but what could cause it like that?
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 02:16 AM

Spartan314

Posted: May 21, 2016 11:10 PM    Msg. 83 of 232       
So uhh, wraith boarding in A30.
The wraiths are meant to blow up, no?
It plays Teh Lag's animation and then just freezes and the end of the animation. The wraith spins around trying to get it's guns on me. The dance of cat and mouse ensues.

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: May 22, 2016 01:33 AM    Msg. 84 of 232       
I've been waiting for this for a while, time to boot up CE.

Alex Hce

Posted: May 22, 2016 09:01 AM    Msg. 85 of 232       
map b40 and c40 give me a bug when salts ell weapons facilities HUD gets completely black and some animations can not see, and nobody likes to play well, to see if it can correct SOI.

The other maps are good, keep it up, thank you very much.

notrododo93

Project Armonia lead (and only) developer

Posted: May 22, 2016 11:24 AM    Msg. 86 of 232       
That ring model you have shown in the trailer is probably the sexiest thing I have ever seen on Halo CE. You came a long way, man, I'm glad you made it. Excellent job, 10\10.

lolslayer

Posted: May 22, 2016 01:35 PM    Msg. 87 of 232       
I just LOVE wraith boarding, but SOI, that automatic turret on the wraith keeps on firing even after I boarded the wraith and I can't destroy it, it kills all my allies after I got the driver out of the wraith -.-

Can you please remove the turret after the driver is gone? Or at least make it destructible

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 22, 2016 05:48 PM    Msg. 88 of 232       
How come I can't board wraiths (I do know you have to kill the turret), or ghosts for that matter? I walk near the enemy vehicle and nothing happens, no "press e to something" appears and I just get run over.

You should board those vehicles in front of them, maybe you're trying to board them from behind or the side.

Alright, guys. Right now I have collected all your feedback, and I have already a big list of stuff that needs to be done. There are only two problems that need more investigation, the others are quite quick to solve:

1: A30, of course. I need someone who had the exception before to do a little test for me. Activate the panel and stay still instead of getting into the Warthog, and do a second test (after reloading the checkpoint) getting into the Warthog once you have activated the panel. Then, let me know in which case you get the exception (of course you need the updated A30 map in the OP)

2: The Flood Infector on D40. Right now the problem is that the biped doesn't walk perfectly alligned to the ground on ramps, and it gets stuck on certain ramps. If I check the "can climb any surface" flag, on the other hand, it walks correctly, but walks on walls when it reaches certain angles (and that's why it sticks in the ground). If anyone has ideas or suggestions for one of those two problems, that'd be great

OctaVinyl

Voy A comer t corazon!

Posted: May 22, 2016 11:08 PM    Msg. 89 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

A30, of course. I need someone who had the exception before to do a little test for me. Activate the panel and stay still instead of getting into the Warthog, and do a second test (after reloading the checkpoint) getting into the Warthog once you have activated the panel. Then, let me know in which case you get the exception (of course you need the updated A30 map in the OP)

About that, I tried to do various things to try not to get an exception.
Such as, activate the panel, and not switching weapons.
Activate the panel, while switching weapons.
Activate the panel, don't go in the hog.
Activate it, get in the hog.
Activate it, and don't move.
Activate the panel, and move around.
Activate the panel and drive the hog.
Activate the panel while HUD fix is off, and on.

All of those led me to an exception. On my part, after I completed the level for the first time, it was normal. When I replayed it, however, that's when exceptions happen. So it's like, a30 is a one time good functioning level.

Well, there's still one thing I could say about the mod... Even if it's a little buggy. All I want to say is...

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: May 22, 2016 11:39 PM    Msg. 90 of 232       
wow you got it done, hmm lots of bugs I see here at the form's, even so if I get the time,
ill post a video.

Tech

Posted: May 23, 2016 02:44 AM    Msg. 91 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
I just LOVE wraith boarding, but SOI, that automatic turret on the wraith keeps on firing even after I boarded the wraith and I can't destroy it, it kills all my allies after I got the driver out of the wraith -.-

Can you please remove the turret after the driver is gone? Or at least make it destructible

It is destructible, it just takes like two laser-sniper shots to destroy it.
Health should decrease by half, it's already hard to hit it in a firefight.
I did it before I (failed) to hijack it.
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 02:45 AM

EDIT: I tried A30 again and pressed the button, turned on flashlight and walked towards the warthog (didn't get in) and the transitioned worked.
It appears it was a fluke but I sitll have a save file to continue the level.
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 03:57 AM Seems random for me. I only have HAC2 installed.
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 05:28 AM

lolslayer

Posted: May 23, 2016 04:16 AM    Msg. 92 of 232       

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

It is destructible, it just takes like two laser-sniper shots to destroy it.
Health should decrease by half, it's already hard to hit it in a firefight.
I did it before I (failed) to hijack it.
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 02:45 AM

EDIT: I tried A30 again and pressed the button, turned on flashlight and walked towards the warthog (didn't get in) and the transitioned worked.
It appears it was a fluke but I sitll have a save file to continue the level.
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 03:57 AM

t IS destructible? Okay, used my whole ammo clip of the assault rifle on it and it wasn't defeated though :/

The transition worked perfectly with me on A30, too bad that somehow I couldn't get to the elephant part

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 23, 2016 05:21 AM    Msg. 93 of 232       
May I ask to the people who did the test I asked if they have OS, HAC2 or both installed? (Especially you, OctaVinyl).

This situation is quite frustrating, since I need to fix something I can't see...

lolslayer

Posted: May 23, 2016 05:33 AM    Msg. 94 of 232       
May I ask to the people who did the test I asked if they have OS, HAC2 or both installed? (Especially you, OctaVinyl).

This situation is quite frustrating, since I need to fix something I can't see...

Just don't forget, we really appreciate your work

Just so you won't forget :)

Tech

Posted: May 23, 2016 05:33 AM    Msg. 95 of 232       
I've approached the Ghost and the Wraith from all sides, to no avail, I cannot vehicle board.
I am even sitting on top of the Wraith with the elite still trying to shoot me, and nothing appears :/

I honestly had better luck shooting off the hatch in SPV2 and killing the driver.
It seems the script is failing to load for me, just as the compass only appears when I zoom...
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 05:36 AM
EDIT: I just hijacked a marine... the enemy driver just refuses to ally with me.
Edited by Tech on May 24, 2016 at 02:22 AM

OctaVinyl

Voy A comer t corazon!

Posted: May 23, 2016 05:38 AM    Msg. 96 of 232       

I only have HAC2 installed. And I tried playing a30 without using hac_widescreen 0.

The level played fine at first, but after replaying the level, that's when it causes errors.

lolslayer

Posted: May 23, 2016 05:39 AM    Msg. 97 of 232       

I've approached the Ghost and the Wraith from all sides, to no avail, I cannot vehicle board.
I am even sitting on top of the Wraith with the elite still trying to shoot me, and nothing appears :/
http://i.imgur.com/7m3JOId.jpg
I honestly had better luck shooting off the hatch in SPV2 and killing the driver.
It seems the script is failing to load for me, just as the compass only appears when I zoom...
Edited by Tech on May 23, 2016 at 05:36 AM

I've no problems with vehicle boarding :/

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: May 23, 2016 06:01 AM    Msg. 98 of 232       
I'll probably end up with multiple a30 versions with different transition methods, and keep the one that works on everyone

Bungie LLC

.pots

Posted: May 24, 2016 01:31 AM    Msg. 99 of 232       
I'm going to assume that ripping any of the vehicles (including whatever aircraft that is showcased in the trailer, form what looks to be b40) will cause the model_animations or other assets to break upon extraction, just like with every other vehicle processed by HEK+.

Will you not be releasing any of the raw tags themselves separately? Not to make demands, but this would be preferable to using inefficient tag extractors.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: May 24, 2016 08:10 AM    Msg. 100 of 232       
You can always extract broken tags with realtime editor :^)

gabrieloup

Posted: May 24, 2016 11:18 AM    Msg. 101 of 232       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
I'm going to assume that ripping any of the vehicles (including whatever aircraft that is showcased in the trailer, form what looks to be b40) will cause the model_animations or other assets to break upon extraction, just like with every other vehicle processed by HEK+.

Will you not be releasing any of the raw tags themselves separately? Not to make demands, but this would be preferable to using inefficient tag extractors.

If anything, I think that this is probably the problem with this mod. I wasn't able to vehicle board AT ALL, except with allied Ghosts (when marines enter a Ghost) which the animation triggered after I pressed "Action" to enter the Ghost, and instead of the marine simply getting out of the vehicle, Chief decided to stomp him with his foot, and thankfully neither died or got hurt. Besides this and the D40 boss problem, I see no problems with this mod and it runs flawlessly, without EVER crashing once, even with OpenSauce AND HAC2 simultaneously. Heck, I even tested it with ENB Series and ReShade, and the game STILL didn't crash AND I loaded through the A30 BSP zone. So it's gotta be a problem regarding the exporting of the .map files. Even if that's the problem, I can't bet that the solution above is gonna solve the problem of the A30 BSP loading exception errors. Maybe it could solve other things but who knows. Well, only by trying we'll see.

And as for SOI, I'd like to ask a simple question : how much free tag space is available for each map?

EDIT : I would also like to suggest the replacement of the compass with the thing in the left and right of Chief's HUD in Halo 4 and 5

I dunno but I think it has some more use than a barely working cosmetic compass. I mean, it could be useful for calculating the angle of grenade throws, and more importantly, the angle of AR grenade launcher shots. Either that or remove the N from the compass and put numbers in each little "bar" in the compass to signify angles (for example, when you look all the way up or down, it shows up "90", when you look straight forward, it shows "0" and so on).

Edited by gabrieloup on May 24, 2016 at 04:14 PM

ScarFOx

I'm a Ghost I was never here.... -Scott 2018

Posted: May 24, 2016 03:04 PM    Msg. 102 of 232       
After playing this on legendary after killing so many bullet sponges I give this mod a 9.5 out of 10 one of the best nonOS singleplayer mod out there. My main problem with the boss on D40 he falls over too much from just hitting a wall.

MrCool

Keep it clean

Posted: May 24, 2016 07:32 PM    Msg. 103 of 232       
Exceptions when I go to change settings button, just so you know. :D Don't want to irritate you any further
Edited by MrCool on May 24, 2016 at 07:41 PM

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: May 24, 2016 09:32 PM    Msg. 104 of 232       
I thought the legendary balancing on Two Betrayals was bull, but then again it's probably because I hate that level with a burning passion with which I've never felt before.
Edited by xnx on May 30, 2016 at 01:20 PM

NeX

Posted: May 24, 2016 09:33 PM    Msg. 105 of 232       
Wooooo! I'm so happy for you dude! I can't wait to play the final product, especially with how fantastic even the betas were so long ago!

I hope finally releasing this gold nugget feels as good as it should.

Page 3 of 7 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website