A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »A Dilemma

Author Topic: A Dilemma (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: May 20, 2016 08:41 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Greetings and good day to you, Halo Maps Community.

Long time Fan of Halo 1 to 3. I used to download stuff like DevCam and FlyCam for my own personal use. I didn't really play online to be honest because I was more interested to see if I could get wicked screenshots out of cool poses I could make with the Flood Combat Forms, Covenant Elites and the Marines in the Campaign.

Anyway enough of the babble I'll get to the point(s).

I had just started playing Halo again after 10-15 years of changing computers over and over again and it reminded me of the good times of Halo Custom Edition and what not.
So I get all that set up and grab maps and go on my way. I basically downloaded some AI maps to see if I could get 'em in cool poses in different climates and whichever.
But I decided to just stick with the Campaign of Halo PC instead.

I have an issue but I want to provide as much info as possible so hopefully I can provide you with enough information to provide enough information for me, see? *does an old fashioned mafia accent*

Here is the computer specs of my current PC.
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/shadowboy199111/Computer%20Versions_zpswsgrzkp9.png
Here is the version of my LEGAL physical copy of Halo PC.
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/shadowboy199111/Halo%20version_zpsrjehxh21.png

Now since I have gotten back into the game, I want to take some unique screenshots with cool poses of the covenant, flood, sentinels and what not, make some videos of some versus matches and hopefully be able to one day create my own maps for the testing grounds.

But obviously, I am doing this in baby steps. First what I would like to have happen is have the tools I want to use to be able to work.
This includes:

Dev Trainer (which works fine).
Halo Flycam (Which does not).
Recording Software (Which I have).
and
Space on my Hard Drive (Which I have plenty).
I would like to add that I tried msxmlenu.msi because during my googling, exploring and what not, people suggest to run that if it would come up saying that it was missing.

And so, the only thing on that list that seems to screw around in my endeavours is the Halo Flycam.

I will specify as of now, I had one version of the Flycam (being Version 4) but through some searching I found Version 6 of the Halo Flycam. So I went about trying to use it in the campaign because I don't use it for anything else and I don't really go online but whenever I would try using Version 4, it would crash with the (Gathering Exception Data) error. Nothing else specific, it just shows that message then closes.
Now, whenever I run Version 6 of the Halo Flycam, the keys don't work at all.
I want to add that I did try with Numlock on and it's easy to make that mistake but I had tried turning it on and off to see if it would slip out of its weird trance of not allowing me to use it but it just won't work unfortunately.

So in summary,
Version 4 causes Exception Data crashes.
Version 6 refuses to acknowledge its presence in any shape or form by not working at all.

To the screenshot that I posted, that is the version of Halo PC that I am using at the moment (again, this is Combat Evolved and not Custom Edition). It says on the name of the program that I can use it for PC and CE so I assume that is correct unless things have changed that I am unaware of. (I'd like to say that I have been able to do all this in the past but it seems times have changed and so has my memory).

I have tried switching around versions with that Version Changer that has been floating around that helps you switch between the updates of 1.07, 1.06 and what not because apparently, 1.10 is botched when it comes to trying to run third party programs like flycam.
Now whenever I type a different version, on the settings menu it shows up as 1.00.10 still and not to mention whenever I try it when it's normal, it remains unstable with gathering exception data on versions 1.07 and 1.08. I automatically assume it would do that for 6 to 1 (Unless it's REALLY specific that I have to go to which I might not have tried yet).

Anyway, long story short, I'm havin' problems. Big problems. It is frustrating me so much because I have tried the obvious uninstall and reinstall (however I would like to add that I didn't delete everything, I did however choose the uninstall and reinstall options through the launcher) and I thought that would work.

I'm just so tired of it and quite angry because I want to enjoy watching fights between Marines and Covenant again from the sky or watch an all out brawl between the Sentinels, Flood, Marines and the Covenant. Just interesting battles like that really fascinate me because I love the Halo series so much and it meant so much to me when I was around 10 - 14 years old. Now 10 more years later, I try to do it again and find out that FlyCam 4 is being rude and breaking Halo constantly with the exception nonsense and Flycam 6 just utterly refuses to acknowledge even being there on my computer. It's like I'm running an exe version of nothing.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I'm just tired, frustrated and need some help... really badly. I'm in that state of mind where I can't focus and I am circling myself in a cycle of anger and I see some smart, knowledgeable people here and thought I would try asking.

I would like to say that I have read the rules before I posted so if I happen to swear during this post, I do apologize and accept any punishment necessary. I would also like to quickly ask in terms of the Cardinal Rules (specifically the first one) if it would be okay discussing Flycam here? Because if it isn't, I apologize, I just thought I could because it was on the site and the first Cardinal Rule kind of contradicts that. I don't want to question or hate on your system or anything. I'm just a bit confused, slightly angry at my dilemma and desperate for help.

I hope I have provided all the information you guys could want in order to help me. Again, my apologies for the long-winded posts and I mean no disrespect towards any of you guys or your rules or anything. If I seem that way, I apologize.

Thank you for your time and for reading.
From Tenebre
A Newbie on the Forum.
A Veteran on the Halo Series.
Edited by Tenebre on May 20, 2016 at 08:46 AM
Edited by Tenebre on May 20, 2016 at 10:20 AM

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: May 20, 2016 02:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read you entire post. But it looks like Flycam isn't working, right? Why don't you just use the console commands?

Make sure you have HAC2 and type "debug_camera_load" into the console.

sanni

cake <3

Posted: May 20, 2016 03:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Or just: devcam 1

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: May 21, 2016 12:00 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Heh, looks like you didn't have to.

Thanks for THE answer I was looking for that works like a charm!
Knew I could count on you guys!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 19, 2020 1:52 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website