A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »AI just not working, strange. please help

Author Topic: AI just not working, strange. please help (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

oldschool123

"halo2 was the best, but all halos are reallycool"

Posted: May 22, 2016 11:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
I've been working on a single player mission.
I have been studying and successfully testing AI usage on a separate map, but on a particular other map, they just don't work? I have checked over everything many times but the AI seem to have a mind of their own no matter what on one map in particular.

The mission i am trying to create means a lot to me

I am Willing to use Skype screenshare with anyone who is able to help. please help btw.
thanks.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: May 23, 2016 04:22 AM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: oldschool123
I've been working on a single player mission.
I have been studying and successfully testing AI usage on a separate map, but on a particular other map, they just don't work? I have checked over everything many times but the AI seem to have a mind of their own no matter what on one map in particular.

The mission i am trying to create means a lot to me

I am Willing to use Skype screenshare with anyone who is able to help. please help btw.
thanks.

It's finally happened the AI have become self aware!

Anyway post details of more screenies such as your setup in sapien and how we can get in contact you e.t.c

oldschool123

Posted: May 23, 2016 03:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

It's finally happened the AI have become self aware!

Anyway post details of more screenies such as your setup in sapien and how we can get in contact you e.t.c

I can send you my skype name in a message if you are willing to help. The AI setup in sapien refers to both command lines and firing positions, both I'm sure are setup correctly (even tested in other scenarios) The AI are completely ignoring these and are completely out of control.

oldschool123

Posted: May 28, 2016 05:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Of couse, i overlooked all the sapien options in the scenario, and everything is as it should be, by "as it should be" i mean working correctly in a different scenario i made

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 06:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
How big is the area they are in? The engine does not do well with ai in confined spaces

oldschool123

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 02:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Is there anyway around this, malolo420 ?

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 02:12 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
The obvious answer would be to use a larger space. I'd be willing to give it a shot assuming it's still an issue.

oldschool123

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 03:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
by that you mean you are willing to help walk me through fixing it? btw the area is open but with a bunch of scenery. but anyways if you are willing to help, message me your skype name

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 04:08 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: oldschool123
by that you mean you are willing to help walk me through fixing it? btw the area is open but with a bunch of scenery. but anyways if you are willing to help, message me your skype name

Same as my forum name (skidrow925) the account is probably called johnlex4 or something.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun June 7, 2020 5:26 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website