A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »More than 4 Factions of Armies in the same map?

Author Topic: More than 4 Factions of Armies in the same map? (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 11:16 AM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Greetings and salutations good people of Haloland... Ha-halond... Ha-haland... Halol... Haloland!

I was thinking during my break at work of a possible clash of insanity...

Like Warhammer, there are a lot of sides within Halo in terms of who people wanna be with.
Now as far as I know, there are:

UNSC (Crewmen, Marines, Humans, w/e)

Swords of Sanghelios (Before they meet and ally with the Humans obviously, therefore being on their own)

Covenant Empire (At the time of Halo 2/3 being Brutes, Jackals, Drones, Grunts, Hunters)

The Flood (From Halo 3 basically like the Pure forms, Flood Combat Forms, Infection Forms and Carrier Forms)

The Forerunners/Forerunner ecumene (This includes Sentinels, Prometheans and what we know of so far in the Forerunner "army")(Maybe even the "Heretics" faction? or you could play off the fact that the "Heretics" still wanted to defend themselves despite 343 guilty spark telling them the purpose of the Ark and the Rings)

The Heretics (See above brackets)

The Triad (Armed and fashioning different human weapons themselves)

The UEF (One of the other armed rebel influential armies that contain humans, the first being the Triad)

So before I go way overboard in terms of what factions could go at it in a brawl, I wonder...
If there ever were a setup where these 8 factions collided in a massive brawl over Ice Fields or Blood Gulch or something, is there a way to have these 8 sides clash in the middle without allying with each other?
Like is there a way in the HEK or the Halo map maker of your choice to even create 8 seperate factions that all act in hostility to each other?

Thanks for reading!
Edited by Tenebre on Jun 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 11:32 AM    Msg. 2 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tenebre
Greetings and salutations good people of Haloland... Ha-halond... Ha-haland... Halol... Haloland!

That's racist.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 11:59 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       

If there ever were a setup where these 8 factions collided in a massive brawl over Ice Fields or Blood Gulch or something, is there a way to have these 8 sides clash in the middle without allying with each other?
Like is there a way in the HEK or the Halo map maker of your choice to even create 8 seperate factions that all act in hostility to each other?

Thanks for reading!
Edited by Tenebre on Jun 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM

1. This will not work in MP. (Yet)

2. Currently we are limited to 3 factions however just like gametypes there are empty expansion fields littered all over the hek.

3. We are a remanent of an age long past as such our methods and tools lack far behind that of today's.

TLDR; You would be far better off learning unity, UE4 or cryenjin.

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 12:51 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
I would like to ask then if only 3 factions, how come there have been maps called The Great War in which 4 factions verse each other? Is that the maximum?

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 01:50 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
You can have a máximum of 6 factions, using the "unused" fields in the team sectión. But as Flanker said, im not sure if that works in mp maps.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 07:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Home made memes are scientifically proven to cure cancer y'know.

tanju77

Doing moderator's job

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 11:41 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
You can have a máximum of 6 factions, using the "unused" fields in the team sectión. But as Flanker said, im not sure if that works in mp maps.
It definitely works, I had tried it. Maybe you can even have a maximum of 8 factions.

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 01:35 AM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Interesting... maybe I'll have to look up some tutorials and slowly but surely look into this.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 05:00 AM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
It definitely works, I had tried it. Maybe you can even have a maximum of 8 factions.

Imgs speak louder than txt.

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 08:02 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

True point but in looking to sapien it looks like there is a slot for:

Red Team
Blue Team
Humans
Covenant
Flood
Sentinels
unused
unused
unused
unused

Those 4 unused slots you can create into more teams apparently which I didn't know but now I do so it seems like it CAN happen. Whether the map, software or hardware can handle it, that's a different story obviously. I appreciate the discussion and thank you all for your input :D.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 04:27 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

True point but in looking to sapien it looks like there is a slot for:

Red Team
Blue Team
Humans
Covenant
Flood
Sentinels
unused
unused
unused
unused

Those 4 unused slots you can create into more teams apparently which I didn't know but now I do so it seems like it CAN happen. Whether the map, software or hardware can handle it, that's a different story obviously. I appreciate the discussion and thank you all for your input :D.

I was speaking directly to the other guy. And if you recall I already stated most of what you posted above just in a simpler manner.

Regardless I wish you luck with all your endeavours.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 8:20 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website