A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 PC (mp restoration mod) Cartographer Progress Update v0.2.1

Author Topic: Halo 2 PC (mp restoration mod) Cartographer Progress Update v0.2.1 (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

PermaNull

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 08:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
We've been making steady slow progress on project cartographer (The mod which removes XLive and gives an alternative way of playing the game online, due to the fact the official servers are now offline).

With it being slow it's still great progress and we have a lot to come to read about a lot of what's planned I wrote an article on what to expect in the future which hadn't previously been posted here and can be found right here:http://www.h2v.online/2016/05/03/what-to-look-for-in-the-future-of-project-cartographer/

As far as the current progress update and what will be included in v0.2.1 when it launches check it out here: http://www.h2v.online/2016/06/12/progress-update-accounts-required-in-v0-2-1/

If you're interested in playing with us at all, and haven't played halo 2 vista before there's an installation guide here: http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3820 which will tell you about how to obtain the game, the necessary updates, and the mod.

Some other questions that aren't covered...

COOP?/Firefight?: We plan on working on it, it's just not in the cards for the road to v0.3.

Editing kit/New tools?: Again planned but not in the cards right now as it doesn't align with our current development goals, we'd love to introduce new tools and resolve some of the limitations and restrictions moders have.

DSFix, "Mouse Thingy", etc 3rd party hacks
A lot of these will no longer be needed by the time we reach v0.3 or v0.3.1 as we plan to integrate a lot of the functionality they have into the mod so that it's an all in one solution, meaning you'll have the ability to adjust your FOV or disable/enable mouse acceleration from within the game along with choose custom resolutions.

HD Textures? MCC H2A Models?: There's multiple people who have approached the idea but there's nothing solid yet... it's highly possible and can be done but it's also not of priority for our team on the road to v0.3
Edited by PermaNull on Jun 12, 2016 at 08:47 PM

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 12:00 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Great to see that you are still working on this! I can't thank you enough for fixing up Halo 2 so that we can have fun with it.

I assume that since all third part solutions have to be applied each time the game is launched that you hope to have custom settings saved?

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 12:53 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: PermaNull

We've been making steady slow progress on project cartographer (The mod which removes XLive and gives an alternative way of playing the game online, due to the fact the official servers are now offline).

With it being slow it's still great progress and we have a lot to come to read about a lot of what's planned I wrote an article on what to expect in the future which hadn't previously been posted here and can be found right here:http://www.h2v.online/2016/05/03/what-to-look-for-in-the-future-of-project-cartographer/

As far as the current progress update and what will be included in v0.2.1 when it launches check it out here: http://www.h2v.online/2016/06/12/progress-update-accounts-required-in-v0-2-1/

If you're interested in playing with us at all, and haven't played halo 2 vista before there's an installation guide here: http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3820 which will tell you about how to obtain the game, the necessary updates, and the mod.

Some other questions that aren't covered...

COOP?/Firefight?: We plan on working on it, it's just not in the cards for the road to v0.3.

Editing kit/New tools?:
Again planned but not in the cards right now as it doesn't align with our current development goals, we'd love to introduce new tools and resolve some of the limitations and restrictions moders have.
DSFix, "Mouse Thingy", etc 3rd party hacks
A lot of these will no longer be needed by the time we reach v0.3 or v0.3.1 as we plan to integrate a lot of the functionality they have into the mod so that it's an all in one solution, meaning you'll have the ability to adjust your FOV or disable/enable mouse acceleration from within the game along with choose custom resolutions.

HD Textures? MCC H2A Models?: There's multiple people who have approached the idea but there's nothing solid yet... it's highly possible and can be done but it's also not of priority for our team on the road to v0.3
Edited by PermaNull on Jun 12, 2016 at 08:47 PM

Cool

PermaNull

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 01:41 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Great to see that you are still working on this! I can't thank you enough for fixing up Halo 2 so that we can have fun with it.

I assume that since all third part solutions have to be applied each time the game is launched that you hope to have custom settings saved?

When we introduce the 3rd party 'hacks' as a part of the game through a custom UI we will be saving the settings to our own file.

These things are currently not integrated and it's a long ways out to v0.3 if you read the blog post it'll describe what we've got in the cards and what is currently coming up.

V0.2.1 is the next revision being pushed it will not include the 3rd party hacks or such, but I promise you when the time does come they will not be launched before the game or such... we're talking about full integration into the game.

Here's an example of the UI framework we're working with integrated into the game through some D3D hax.

That's just a demo screen for us to work with and get the UI rendering in general, now once we start integrating FOV control and such you'd basically be able to adjust it at any time while in the game after hitting a specific hotkey.

This is not something you'll be doing outside of the game anymore.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 04:53 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Er mah gawsh, er mah gawsh, er mah gawsh, er mah gawsh, er mah gawsh.

TomCRUZE

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 08:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Halo 2 was pretty dope. But I can understand why purists like Masterz didn't like it. The gameplay just didn't flow as harmoniously as it did in the 1st game. The main ingredients were there but the balances were out of wack. The campaign story was great though mostly. The levels were pretty average design wise. The multiplayer maps were sensational however. Halo 3's campaign story felt like too short, but had some really memorable levels (The Covenant/The Ark)

Love them all though. The GOAT Console shooter. At it's purest, the perfect blend and cohesion of movement speed, TTK, weapons and balance, AI quality/diversity/strength and level design.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 28, 2017 12:22 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website