A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Issues with the zoomed in HUD of the Sniper and Pistol I can't resolve

Author Topic: Issues with the zoomed in HUD of the Sniper and Pistol I can't resolve (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 10:11 AM    Msg. 1 of 14       
Ever since I got a new Laptop I have had some problems with Halo CE. Mostly trying to get it to run without getting Direct3D errors.. I have solved those but I still have a few problems with the sniper, the pistol and 1 single material that is used on some walls in the Campaign. Basically the Zoomed In HUD of the the Sniper is a little bit offset and isn't correct, and I don't think OS is scaling it either. The Zoomed in HUD of the Pistol also won't scale. I can live with that material (shader) on the wall being annoying, but if anyone knows how to fix the HUD issues, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Before anyone asks, I have Windows 10 with Win 8 compatibility mode enabled for halo, but I have no problems at all with Win 10 on my old laptop without compatibility mode. I also have the ancient DirectPlay api's enabled and there are no problems with my DirectX (that I know of). Everything else about the HUD (not zoomed in) seems normal. Even the TSC:E's zoomed in weapons worked normally. (apart from the Distance/Elevation numbers being offset)

Here's a video so you can all see what I mean. https://youtu.be/mTda-5olick

I don't know if this means anything, but Halo Online won't run at all. It does on my old laptop though.

Thanks in advance everyone.

ScarFOx

This twisted game needs to be reset - Pixy 1995

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 12:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
It could be your graphics card maybe?

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 12:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
HUD issues cannot be fixed, they can only be fixed in the map itself.

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 06:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
It could be your graphics card maybe?

It could be, it just seems odd though how every other aspect the game works.

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
HUD issues cannot be fixed, they can only be fixed in the map itself.

The maps work fine on my old laptop, and this happens with every map I have tried. I thought it was just a problem with my new laptop. I'll make a test map for myself an alter the HUD.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 08:28 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Did your resolution change inbetween?

Also, I'm pretty sure the sniper offset would be a tag issue.
E: I seem to recall that Jesse fixed for the Lumoria maps?
Edited by Spartan314 on Jun 15, 2016 at 08:56 PM

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 06:00 AM    Msg. 6 of 14       
Do you mean inbetween the normal HUD and the zoomed in HUD?? If so, then no, I don't believe it does. I put the resolution back to default (4:3 aspect ratio) and the zoomed in pistol/sniper HUD's were scaled normally. The sniper was still offset though.

RadWolfie

Programmer

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 01:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

* cough * Jesse released fixed verison * cough * Link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6384 * coughing *

As for Lumoria maps, I do not know for sure since I haven't played it for long time. Plus I do not know where's the thread for Jesse's fixed sniper hud version announcement.

E: Sorry, meant to click preview first to double check my pre-post.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 16, 2016 at 01:03 PM

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 04:09 AM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: RadWolfie

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

* cough * Jesse released fixed verison * cough * Link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6384 * coughing *

As for Lumoria maps, I do not know for sure since I haven't played it for long time. Plus I do not know where's the thread for Jesse's fixed sniper hud version announcement.

E: Sorry, meant to click preview first to double check my pre-post.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 16, 2016 at 01:03 PM

I already tried out the fixed sniper tags before making this thread. (It's not in the video because I didn't make the campaign maps) The offset is corrected, but if I have HUD scaling enabled in OS, it's is offset again (But it is closer to normal then before).

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 06:53 AM    Msg. 9 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMrJezza_
Ever since I got a new Laptop I have had some problems with Halo CE. Mostly trying to get it to run without getting Direct3D errors.. I have solved those but I still have a few problems with the sniper, the pistol and 1 single material that is used on some walls in the Campaign. Basically the Zoomed In HUD of the the Sniper is a little bit offset and isn't correct, and I don't think OS is scaling it either. The Zoomed in HUD of the Pistol also won't scale. I can live with that material (shader) on the wall being annoying, but if anyone knows how to fix the HUD issues, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Before anyone asks, I have Windows 10 with Win 8 compatibility mode enabled for halo, but I have no problems at all with Win 10 on my old laptop without compatibility mode. I also have the ancient DirectPlay api's enabled and there are no problems with my DirectX (that I know of). Everything else about the HUD (not zoomed in) seems normal. Even the TSC:E's zoomed in weapons worked normally. (apart from the Distance/Elevation numbers being offset)

Here's a video so you can all see what I mean. https://youtu.be/mTda-5olick

I don't know if this means anything, but Halo Online won't run at all. It does on my old laptop though.

Thanks in advance everyone.
this may or may not help set,compatibility mode for win 7.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 09:17 AM    Msg. 10 of 14       
Is this Custom Edition or PC?

The glass shader is broken in CE, but not in PC.

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 04:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
Are you talking about the difference between this:

And this?

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 04:34 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       

Top one is for consumers of weed.

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 06:01 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Is this Custom Edition or PC?

Custom Edition

Yes.
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on Jun 20, 2016 at 06:03 PM

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 11:04 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMrJezza_

Yes.

You need to fix that in a map file, it only scales properly for resolutions with a 4:3 aspect ratio (1920x1080 is 16:9). I'll be releasing a bunch of this stuff real soon, but if you want to fix it right away basically it involves creating the scope mask as a reticle so that it doesn't scale. You'll lose the blur effect though.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri September 21, 2018 10:55 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website