A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Project Aerial

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Project Aerial (47 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Fubih

Puddi Puddi

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 47       

Inspired by old school area shooters, Aerial aims to blend Halo and fast paced action together.
Introducing new gameplay through launch pads, pickups and a rebalanced tagset that makes each weapon and vehicle more unique.
Trailer by CE3

The Maps:
  • [WIP]Dredwerkz
    what first served as a quick test map for the launch pads turned into a full remodel of the Quake map, Dredwerkz.
    This will be the first map, introducing new gameplay features.
    Beta link

Clicky images for full resolutions.

• Unannounced maps
    nope. no information yet. I'll be working on Dredwerkz and the tags first.

The Tags:
To blend in gameplay from Unreal, Doom and Quake, small armour pickups were added to reward the player for constant movement.
The weapons were built upon halo 1 weapons, making them more unique due to blending in behaviours of the above mentioned games.
so no longer will you hold a Magnum, DMR, BR or a Carbine when you can have just one weapon that does it all.

*Disclaimer: Everything is still a Work In Progress and is in the subject of change, k?*

The Bipeds:
we all love some exploding heads, don't we? bipeds will feature exploding body parts along with a remodel of the Marines or Masterchief.

The Vehicles:
there will be new vehicles that follow these rules. but for now I'll be focussing on close quarters combat.

The Weapons:
almost every weapon has been given a secondary function and will receive new visuals so that the player doesn't get confused as to what he's holding.

• Magnum:
    So lets start with the magnum. no longer will this weapon dominate the battlefield as it has been changed to give room for other weapons.
    Still a 3sk, but has it's magnetic range is reduced so that it's more fit for closer combat. the zoom has also been removed to further support this weapon into a secondary weapon.
    however for those that can aim, there is a short charge up that discharges 2 bullets. like the Battle Rifle.

• Plasma Pistol:
    We already have a magnum that fits in the pistol class so this gun has been changed to the Gravity Rifle, also has been given exchangeable batteries. (magazines)
    The plasma pistol's primary fire wasn't very useful so it has been turned around. it now fires slower while doing a fair amount of damage.
    you can charge the gun up and release a black hole that damages players that get near. it can also implode when shot and lets say that you don't want to be there when that happens.

• Plasma rifle:
    building further on it's unique features, this weapon has been given regenerating ammo, more accuracy, a much greater rate of fire, and a charge up that fires off a pulse.
    because of these improvements the gun gets hot when it overheats and thus damages the player.

• Assault Rifle:
    This weapon was pretty useless before, so it's behavior has been changed to be more like the ma5k. it has better accuracy, head shot damage and reflecting bullets. Also has a mini rocket launcher attachment.

• Sniper Rifle:
    slightly changed the rate of fire so you can't spam the gun that much any more.
    in addition to that, the sniper has been given a charge up that fires a high velocity gauss projectile which has high impact damage.

• Needler:
    Does anyone even use a needler? completely changed to behave like tracer's guns from OverWatch.
    It has been given a fast rate of fire, a magazine of 14 needles (2 super explosions), faster projectiles and a greater accuracy.

• Shotgun:
    the shotgun has been given better accuracy and less impact damage as the projectiles are moving slower. in addition to that the gun now also has a grenade launcher that doesn't fire too far, fast or furious.

• Fuel Rod Cannon:
    Talking about grenade launchers. The Fuel Rod Cannon has been changed to one. The BFG..I mean FRG, has been changed to fire bouncing grenades with a charge up that fires a cluster grenade. also now has a ammo magazine that holds 6 grenades.

• Rocket launcher:
    Now no longer a power weapon that destroys everything with on click, instead the gun has been changed to kill with 2 clicks. (magazine has been doubled to make up for this.)
    Or you can charge it up and discharge 3 rockets that travel at a slower velocity.

• Flag/oddball:
    It is a shame that you can't change much without the game saying nope to accepting it as an objective.
    changed the pickup radius to be smaller and changed the melee to an one hit kill.

And last a big thanks to these guys:
m00kz - couple of his UT tags are being used as placeholders.
SBB - motivational nudes, map testing for exploits, bugs and overall feedback.
Altis - for helping debug some tags, feedback and pushing me to finish something for once.
Aquilum - map/thread feedback and helping me out with placement of things.
Xylodrin - for coming up with the name.
SBB Subs - Map testing and feedback.
Edited by Fubih on Aug 23, 2016 at 04:59 AM

Dontu

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 47       
Looks quite fun and there are some exciting features! Cant wait to play this with a high player count. Great work looking forward to release!

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:30 AM    Msg. 3 of 47       
SPOILER ALERT

The map's great, you first heard it from me.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 47       
What's with the pic strip?

Larger images please!

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:46 AM    Msg. 5 of 47       
Launch pads in multiplayer huh? Good luck with that.

You want to alter every stock tag you can get your hands on? Good luck with that.

I'd like to see this "PROJECT" come to fruition, but I have serious doubts.

Fubih

Puddi Puddi

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:04 AM    Msg. 6 of 47       
Images are thumbnails to keep it clean. clicky them for full resolution.

As for the launch pads, they're done by changing the biped's uphill velocity in combination with ladders. they work online without lag. (tested)
Most of the tagging has been done, with the exception of some tweaks here and there.
however, I know that it's a lot to take on, which is why I'm focussing on weapons only at the moment.

It is possible to hold 3 or 4 weapons, but it causes problems with picking up the flag and oddball.
Edited by Fubih on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:15 AM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:09 AM    Msg. 7 of 47       
Looks fun, estimated release date?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:10 AM    Msg. 8 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Looks fun, estimated release date?

No! OP don't give out one of those. This seems like a decent thread and I'd hate for it to be ruined by false promises.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:13 AM    Msg. 9 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
This seems like a decent thread and I'd hate for it to be ruined by false promises.

Like the launch pads?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:15 AM    Msg. 10 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
This seems like a decent thread and I'd hate for it to be ruined by false promises.

Like the launch pads?

No the release date request. That is...why....I...quoted..."estimated release date?".

lolslayer

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:32 AM    Msg. 11 of 47       

Like the launch pads?

No the release date request. That is...why....I...quoted..."estimated release date?".

You can't tell me what to do and what not to do!

Fubih

Puddi Puddi

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:36 AM    Msg. 12 of 47       
There is no release date as of yet, but I might do a public beta once things have processed futher.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:36 AM    Msg. 13 of 47       
Yes the launch pads too. That is... why...I...quoted... "false promises.".

Did you not have your coffee yet?

StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:42 AM    Msg. 14 of 47       

Like the launch pads?

Launch pads work fluidly, nothing wrong with them.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:04 PM    Msg. 15 of 47       
Fluidly can mean many things. Let's see some video. Be sure to include how easy it is to block it. I know it will be.

StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:08 PM    Msg. 16 of 47       
Be sure to include how easy it is to block it.
Blocking it with what?

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:09 PM    Msg. 17 of 47       
It's a ladder, right? Players can just stand on it and not move thereby blocking it.

Fubih

Puddi Puddi

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:40 PM    Msg. 18 of 47       
So far blocking these launch pads hasn't been a problem due to the encouragement of movement. you won't last long standing still.
they also have space for multiple people, so you could always get around somebody that is standing there.
If however this becomes a problem then a script that teleports the player, or a simple device that pushes the player away will be added.

As for a video, I currently don't have time to make one. but if it's really required then expect one in a couple of days.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 12:46 PM    Msg. 19 of 47       
Well if you really feel confident about your launch pad ladder system then that's fine I guess. I am simply bringing this up because of all the times something like this has been attempted, it as failed horribly every time.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 01:14 PM    Msg. 20 of 47       

You want to alter every stock tag you can get your hands on? Good luck with that.

Don't mind him, he's just upset he doesn't have the skill to make quality content like this.

This is looking great. Keep up the amazing work.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 01:41 PM    Msg. 21 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

Don't mind him, he's just upset he doesn't have the skill to make quality content like this.

Yeah, every day i wake up and say to myself "I don't have the skill to port a Quake map", followed by hours of crying.

Don't stop being a simple minded tool. We both know everything I said is 100% true. This map has as much potential to succeed as it does potential to fail.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 02:00 PM    Msg. 22 of 47       

Don't stop being a simple minded tool.

im scared now

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 02:11 PM    Msg. 23 of 47       
I think it's about time for one of your signature -snip- moves. I won't judge you. Too hard.

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 02:23 PM    Msg. 24 of 47       
I think it's about time for one of your signature -snip- moves. I won't judge you. Too hard.

As fun as it is going back and forth with children on the internet, I have to go to work now, which is a bit more important

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 02:25 PM    Msg. 25 of 47       
But dose you're launch pad work online???

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 02:29 PM    Msg. 26 of 47       

As fun as it is going back and forth with children on the internet, I have to go to work now, which is a bit more important

Are you autistic? Seriously.

Fubih

Puddi Puddi

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 03:37 PM    Msg. 27 of 47       
What's a lunch pad? >:U

I understand where you're coming from, and I'd be wary too when somebody else would come up saying that they have something that is known to not work in Halo CE.
Here's proof on the launch pads working online, thanks to Gangstabean from SBB for being a test subject.
Edited by Fubih on Jul 10, 2016 at 04:06 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 05:44 PM    Msg. 28 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Fubih

What's a lunch pad? >:U

I understand where you're coming from, and I'd be wary too when somebody else would come up saying that they have something that is known to not work in Halo CE.
Here's proof on the launch pads working online, thanks to Gangstabean from SBB for being a test subject.
Edited by Fubih on Jul 10, 2016 at 04:06 PM

Weeeeeeeee!

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:40 PM    Msg. 29 of 47       
This.
I like this

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 01:15 AM    Msg. 30 of 47       
Really like the oldschool modelling geometry and textures. I thought it was an original art style before I actually read the thread. Looks fun, and gameplay sounds interesting.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 06:33 AM    Msg. 31 of 47       
Everything looks shiny.

Hooray!

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 08:13 AM    Msg. 32 of 47       
So Shiny

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 10:07 AM    Msg. 33 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: shrugger
So what did the original Quake map that this is based offf look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE8dHLjVp-Q

lolslayer

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 11:09 AM    Msg. 34 of 47       
Launch pad video looked really smooth :)

stunt_man

GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 11:07 PM    Msg. 35 of 47       
Quote: --- Original message by: Fubih
Altis - for his synced effects tutorial, helping debug some tags, feedback and pushing me to finish something for once.

Careful with the synced effects. Inconclusive testing has shown that it can impact server performance and cause desyncs and micro-warping. People have told me that it *shouldn't* but it most certainly does. I'm in the lengthy process of testing this out for my own project and will post in the original tutorial thread with any results.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue June 27, 2017 4:55 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website