A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Sapien isn't reading my Scripts.

Author Topic: Sapien isn't reading my Scripts. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 10:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
So, i'm starting to practice with Scripts so I can make better content and get back into Halo mapping again, but i'm coming across a problem that is really frustrating me.

So in this example i'm using deathisland with a new scenario simply named "test.sceanrio" I've read that when you make scripts they are to go in your "data" folder, not in the "mapname" folder where your tags are.
Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test\deathisland -Where the scenario is.

However I did not have a "data" folder so I just made one and my script is located in there as follows.
Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\test\deathisland\test\scripts

So I wanted to test to make sure that Sapien knows where my scripts is and or is reading them. So I opened the ".hsc" file and proceeded to type just "test" because I know Spaien would have told me that it wasn't a script. I saved, went back into Sapien and "Compiled Scripts" which it should have told me something like test isn't a script or w/e.
But it just says "Scripts successfully compiled" even though "test" is not a script.

If someone could help me solve this issue i'd be most grateful, it may just be something right in front of me per say and i'm just dumb. But i'd really like to get this sorted out, So I can make a good n proper SP map.

Thanks all in advance.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Quote: --- Original message by: ICE x Toxiic
Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test\deathisland -Where the scenario is.

However I did not have a "data" folder so I just made one and my script is located in there as follows.
Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\test\deathisland\test\scripts

you put an extra folder in your structure.
<HCE>\tags\levels\test\deathisland\deathisland.scenario
<HCE>\data\levels\test\deathisland\scripts\whatever.hsc

There is points when other things in your operating system may interfere with script visibility (UAC, and some integrations into explorer (I assume context menus; they sometimes only allow things like a.hsc to be seen))

ICE x Toxiic

The Emperor protects.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
ahh yes, Thank you Kirby works wonderfully now.
I'm pretty sure I was thinking that I had to specify what map/scenario the scripts were tied to.
In this case the scenario named "test"
(First time scripting so everything is a new learning experience.)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 16, 2019 7:37 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website