A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »CE3 '16: your stage designer/writer is still alive!

Author Topic: CE3 '16: your stage designer/writer is still alive! (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Aug 6, 2016 07:35 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
So. I F'd up and pulled an E3PO, and I would like to make a public apology for it.

If you know who I am and you get my reference, I'm really sorry, and I'm back from the dead. Please don't eat me.

If you don't know who I am, I'm the stage designer and writer for CE3. (I also co-hosted the 2013 show, made the models for '13/'14 and '15, and made a concept design that Jesse worked off of for this year's show) After Dratt and Bullet, M16, Kozakuu, and Bryan Cox the Epic Voice Guy, I'm the sixth man of the CE3 crew; the backstage handler, the guy behind the scenes. This and the fact that I haven't directly been a part of making any major projects is probably why you don't know me. So hiya, nice to meet you, I wish we could've met under different circumstances.

If you don't know what happened, I went AWOL from the internet last spring, when I needed to send Dratt a draft of the BSP for this year's stage. This happened for a lot of different reasons. Originally, I was originally being careless and was running behind the due date for the BSP model, so I did not think to notify Dratt about it asap, since I thought I could just let him know when I finish... ...spoiler alert, I was never able to finish it, for a lot of reasons beyond my control.

Personal problems after personal problems involving family, school, personal health, and a whole lot more made it incredibly difficult to find a time to get back on track with CE3-related commitments, use a working personal computer, and/or find working wifi hotspots. Next thing I know, Dratt drafted Jesse to use earlier designs I have sent to him before to create a new model that we will be using on this year's show, a fraction of the script had already been completed, and it's three months later and about three weeks before the show starts.

~~

so. with that said, I felt like I should say a couple of things, and be totally transparent about it.

To all CE3 crew, past and present (esp. Dratt, Slow Bullet, Kozakuu, R93 Sniper, and Jesse): I completely understand that I've dropped the ball in keeping up with my end of things, and I truly regret doing so. I've already reestablished regular contact with Dratt, and we're working on getting things speeding forward again. Also, Jesse, thank you for modeling this year's stage; it looks great, balanced, and honestly more polished than what I could've hoped for with my own hands. I'm sorry you had to jump in to create that under these conditions.

Yes this is the last CE3 so it's meaningless to say this, but I promise this will never happen again, if I get another opportunity to work with any of you in the future.

~~

I've already been in touch with Dratt, and I'm back in business. I've already recorded my five or so lines for this year, and I'm currently in the process of looking through the show's master script and some of the uploaded footages. I'm pretty much caught back up to speed, and I'm back to my usual capacity at this stage of production.

Again, I sincerely and publicly apologize to the rest of the CE3 crew (especially to Dratt and Jesse, who have had to cover for my losses), as well as the rest of the Custom Edition community and hopeful viewers of our event this year. I'll do my best to make up for this and do my part to make our last CE3 run smoothly and awesomely!

EDIT: removed R93's old name
Edited by renegade343 on Aug 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 11:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Don't worry Renegade, at least you are fine right now and that's what it matters. You made very impressive works with the CE3 Crew and the community will always be thankful for that. It's sad you didn't had a chance to be part for this last edition as you would have wished, but meh, you will have many other opportunities along the life. Good luck and keep up the good work!

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 04:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: mannypetty
https://media.giphy.com/media/BHgaANDRnPtS0/giphy.gif

Incorrect. Some people were actually wondering where he went after dratt tried to publicly retrieve him. Being said, probably not sure if it warranted its own thread but notifying everyone seemed to be an apt course of action.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 05:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
He's alive?

He's ALIVE?!

Dude I totally thought you had been stabbed in the neck by ghost face or something....glad to know that wasn't true!

Also welcome back.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 10:08 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Great.
Edited by HyperLuke on Aug 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM

renegade343

CE3 Stage Modeler, Editor, and Writer

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 02:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
He's alive?

He's ALIVE?!

Dude I totally thought you had been stabbed in the neck by ghost face or something....glad to know that wasn't true!

Also welcome back.

Thank you ^^ Nope, no supernatural stab wounds here. (or at least, not this time)

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 09:36 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Hey there, because you've been gone for a while I suppose you don't know what happened in this forum. So to start off, I'm the alpha-male here.

Jks jks, glad to see some veterans coming back, I've seen many veterans coming back lately, it's really great :)

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 09:40 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Some people were actually wondering where he went after dratt tried to publicly retrieve him.

Pretty sure "some people" was really just me 3 times over.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

This is a last ditch effort for Renegade343 to contact me. If I don't hear from you soon I'll have to ingame the old build of the stage myself or with someone else.

Also if you plan to submit to CE3 and want a preview then let me know soon; end of June at latest.
Edited by MatthewDratt on May 29, 2016 at 01:17 AM

Pretty sure he was making a new version for this year.

I remember reading about it somewhere.

Perhaps he is kill?

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 12:15 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Some people were actually wondering where he went after dratt tried to publicly retrieve him.

Pretty sure "some people" was really just me 3 times over.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

This is a last ditch effort for Renegade343 to contact me. If I don't hear from you soon I'll have to ingame the old build of the stage myself or with someone else.

Also if you plan to submit to CE3 and want a preview then let me know soon; end of June at latest.
Edited by MatthewDratt on May 29, 2016 at 01:17 AM

Pretty sure he was making a new version for this year.

I remember reading about it somewhere.

Perhaps he is kill?

Sounds like it. I don't think Renegade is coming back

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:13 AM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website