A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Bitmap with greater than 1-bit alpha being compressed as DXT1 ... rawr

Author Topic: Bitmap with greater than 1-bit alpha being compressed as DXT1 ... rawr (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sanni

cake <3

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 11:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
We need your help, Starfox!

Everytime I try to convert this image into a bitmap Tool.exe gives me an alpha channel error .-.

No not the Starfox image ... this one.

The exact error message is:
==> !!WARNING!! bitmap with greater than 1-bit alpha being compressed as DXT1 <==
bitmap created: #512x#256, compressed with color-key transparency, 85K-bytes

So the problem seems that tool tries to save the image as "compressed with color-key transparency" but what I need is "true-color with alpha".
Because the DXT1 compression only allows 1-bit alpha channels but my image has an 8-bit alpha channel. So no compression no problem. At least that is how I understand it :S

Could someone please beat up their Tool.exe until it spits out a bloody bitmap file, thanks a lot

Edit: Well now that I wrote down what I need to do I actually figured it out, you can simply use guerilla to change the transparency. XD

Any tips on how to make the sun look a little bit more real?
Edited by sanni on Aug 10, 2016 at 05:38 PM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 06:56 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
You should try making the rest of the sky orange-ish.

JerryBrick

hoyoyo

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 05:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Please can you tell me how you solved the problem with transparency?

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 11:38 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
You can fix this issue by going to the bitmap tag you created and setting the format to something that has an alpha, like interpolated alpha.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 9:09 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website