A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Vehicle Tags] Sophia-J5

Author Topic: [Vehicle Tags] Sophia-J5 (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 07:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
This is a tank I created a long time ago, but never finished nor released. It's a remake of Sophia J-7 from the game Blaster Master. It needs better engine sfx and maybe side seats for passengers, but otherwise it's done. I found the concept online around 10 years ago, got into contact with the creator, and asked him if I could make a 3d model of it and put it in Halo. He agreed and here it is.

This tank was originally intended to jump and/or hover, but neither could be accomplished without scripting. It has a chaingun and plasma cannon attached to primary fire, a homing missile pod launcher attached to secondary fire, and an energy shield bubble attached to jump. The energy shield can have people inside it while it is up, can be walked out of, but can not(easily) be walked back inside.

It handles like a radio controlled car, in that it is fast, starts and stops fast, is well weighted so it wont flip easily, and drives backward as well as it does forward. The camera track is also carefully set up so it gives a birds eye view when looking down, but places the camera between the guns when aiming forward or up.

ALSO IT CAN DRIVE ON WALLS

Go here for ingame pics and renders:
http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/MosesofEgypt/library/SOPHIA?sort=3&page=1

Download:
http://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/vehicle-tags/sophia-j-5/?_sft_category=vehicle-tags
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Aug 20, 2016 at 07:54 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 08:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Thanks Moses for this tank....

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 11:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
I love the homing rocket pods on it by the way.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 11:24 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
Thanks. It was important to me that I made its rockets fire one from each of the 13 pods. It took a decent amount of work to get that working just right. I'd love to see someone design a SP map around it since its got so many features. I think it could work, especialy since you could make some cool map designs with its wall driving.

Also, where did you guys test it? I think that stage would be a bit cramped lol.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Aug 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 01:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Spider tank.....spider tank.....

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 02:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
It was a pretty nice clown car at CE3, and its generally a pretty awesome tag.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 06:03 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Is anyone actually planning to use this? I'd love to hear what its being used in(if it even gets used).

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 06:00 AM    Msg. 8 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Is anyone actually planning to use this? I'd love to hear what its being used in(if it even gets used).

I had it in my old Lazarus Valley map as fun/exclusive vehicle for race and I'll use this ver. in my final LV build!

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 12:34 PM    Msg. 9 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

I was planing to use it in HNH2, but im not sure...Its not to Op to use it in Multiplayer?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 01:37 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
The shield is really buff against human weapons, but 1 plasma on the body and you are dead. 1 plasma on the physically pushed out shield and the shield is gone(you cant drive with the shield out cause the shield button is brake). Its really weak to plasma weapons, and its such a big target that its easy to hit. The chaingun and cannon are meant for shooting vehicles since its hard to hit tiny bipeds with the slow projectiles. The homing missiles can be dodged if you strafe and jump well and it takes 3 to kill someone. Its a bit more powerful than the scorpion, but the scorp shoots a much faster round much further for much more damage. Its all around above average(except it has amazing handling) in all aspects, and its strengths average out its weaknesses.

Edit: What's HNH?

Also, keep in mind that it can drive on walls. Make sure your bsp is built to take advantage of that and keep it from breaking your gameplay. It doesnt have side seats because of how broken it'd make ctf.

Also, the way the shield works is that it is its strongest when its pushed out. Even when its not it still exists, but it can only take about 10% the damage it normally could. Getting in some preemptive shots before the driver shields up, hunkers down, and can take aim can allow you to kill them without too much trouble if you're good.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Sep 27, 2016 at 02:08 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 10:34 AM    Msg. 11 of 14       

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 08:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
epic tank

Rafeku

Shaddap, and go stealth BIATCH

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 08:46 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
Holy crap, Blaster Master!
I just think the name of the tank is Sophia III(or 3rd), unless you made that up now. Looks really neat, but that "platform" bellow the turret is really awkward...

This one is Sophia 3rd/Metal Attacker.(Blaster Master/Meta Fight)

This one Sophia J-7(BM: Blasting Again)

That one is technically J-7, but it's Sophia 3rd, because it says so, in the manual.

But really that platform thingie you put there looks really weird. It feels it would get stuck on that flat surface. sorry for the images, but just saying. Never thought I would see that on Halo though.
Edited by Rafeku on Oct 3, 2016 at 08:55 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 10:59 PM    Msg. 14 of 14       
This is a fan redesign made by Paul Jeong. He didn't name the redesign, so I just took the name from the PS1 game and bumped it down by 2. If you had read the first post you'd see the part where I said "I found the concept online around 10 years ago, got into contact with the creator, and asked him if I could make a 3d model of it and put it in Halo. He agreed and here it is."

But yeah, the flat bottom of the tank did cause it to get stuck on rocks a bit, which is why I decided to give the belly powered mass points, so it doesnt get stuck if its wheels are all off the ground. I know it doesn't make sense, but I value it working over it making sense. I mean heck, the acronym for the name literally makes no sense. Subatomic Omni-directional Probative Hyper-responsive Indomitable Abdicator.

In any case the shape of the base doesn't cause it any problems driving. It can drive straight up walls in fact.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 22, 2019 5:42 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website