A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Strategy Game Variant - Open source link release

Author Topic: Strategy Game Variant - Open source link release (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

final444h

{NP} Mapping Team Leader - Alive since 2008

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 07:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Project: Stategy Game Variant - Open source project
Author: {NP} Final
Release Date: 21-08-2016
Most recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-txhnZiYDo
Open Source Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wp3v54m3hold3u/AADPnJIbkSjC5PKuJx5hC48qa?dl=0

About the project
I have been working on this project for some years, and I have finally found a good way to script it in a proper way. I am releasing the open source project for the strategy game variant. Project's basics are stable and working, advanced features will be finished in the following days, and I will keep this updated. I hope you will be able to put your hands on this in order to perform optimizations or even giving advices.
I don't want to talk about a single player map release at the moment, scripting this isn't an easy thing and there are many things to be improved.

Documentation/Manual
In the provided link it can be found a PDF containing the documentation/manual for this project. It focuses on:

Basic concurrency theory and examples;
Race conditons and examples on Halo CE;
Concurency algorithms used for this project and their application to Halo CE;
Objects selection scripts for units and structures;
Structure upgrade system examples;

I've also included a script in order to make units move on a specified target. This part is complicated and it will be carefully explained in the documentation in the next days.
Advanced features will come in the next days as well as a testing map. I am going to keep this thread updated for everyone who is interested.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Edited by final444h on Aug 20, 2016 at 08:07 PM

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Aug 20, 2016 11:03 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: final444h

Project: Stategy Game Variant - Open source project
Author: {NP} Final
Release Date: 21-08-2016
Most recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-txhnZiYDo
Open Source Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wp3v54m3hold3u/AADPnJIbkSjC5PKuJx5hC48qa?dl=0

About the project
I have been working on this project for some years, and I have finally found a good way to script it in a proper way. I am releasing the open source project for the strategy game variant. Project's basics are stable and working, advanced features will be finished in the following days, and I will keep this updated. I hope you will be able to put your hands on this in order to perform optimizations or even giving advices.
I don't want to talk about a single player map release at the moment, scripting this isn't an easy thing and there are many things to be improved.

Documentation/Manual
In the provided link it can be found a PDF containing the documentation/manual for this project. It focuses on:

Basic concurrency theory and examples;
Race conditons and examples on Halo CE;
Concurency algorithms used for this project and their application to Halo CE;
Objects selection scripts for units and structures;
Structure upgrade system examples;

I've also included a script in order to make units move on a specified target. This part is complicated and it will be carefully explained in the documentation in the next days.
Advanced features will come in the next days as well as a testing map. I am going to keep this thread updated for everyone who is interested.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Edited by final444h on Aug 20, 2016 at 08:07 PM

Haven't looked at the OS bit yet, but watching the video this looks oddly familiar. I don't recall where yet, but I swear I've seen this before.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 11:12 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website