A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! (51 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 02:00 PM    Msg. 1 of 51       
Hello HaloMaps Community. I was looking for Halo news and I found this post on the halo Waypoint website. It gives us the date for forge on Windows 10 which is on September 8, gives us a sneak peak at new content coming to halo 5 AND the most interesting of them all, The Halo App. This is what the post says.

"Also launching on Sep 8 alongside Halo 5: Forge on Windows 10 PC will be the brand new Halo app, which lets you quickly and easily find, download, and launch Halo games available on Windows PCs, all while providing players with the latest news, videos, tutorials, featured community content, update notes, and more from across the entire Halo universe. We’ll have much more on the Halo app coming up very soon, so stay tuned!"

"The brand new Halo app, which lets you quickly and easily find, download, and launch Halo games available on Windows PCs"

So, does this mean more Halo games will be coming to PC's? There is 6 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Spartan Strike, Halo 2 Vista, Halo Wars 2 & Halo Online. Could there be a port of let's say Halo 3? Their have been leaks about that on the Steam Database. Or there could be a port of the MCC. (The IS a fully functioning port of The Halo MCC but it is on a hard drive somewhere over at 343, MS won't confirm this but has been confirmed by ex employees.)

So what do you guys think???? Let me know!!!
Edited by HyperAlex on Aug 24, 2016 at 02:42 PM
Edited by HyperAlex on Aug 24, 2016 at 05:03 PM

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 02:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperAlex
There is only 3 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault & Halo: Spartan Strike.

lol

MatthewDratt

The Unashamed White Straight Progressive Male

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 02:25 PM    Msg. 3 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
There is only 3 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault & Halo: Spartan Strike.

lol

What about halo 2 vista m8

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 02:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

lol

What about halo 2 vista m8

Oh crap, I forgot. Fixed.

StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 02:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 51       
There is only 4 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault,Halo: Spartan Strike & Halo 2 Vista.

lol

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 03:06 PM    Msg. 6 of 51       
There is only 4 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault,Halo: Spartan Strike & Halo 2 Vista.

lol

I'm not including halo online and h5 forge because they have not been released yet and one of them is not official.
Edited by HyperAlex on Aug 24, 2016 at 03:08 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 04:11 PM    Msg. 7 of 51       
So without a link to support your claims your credibility amounts to zilch.

StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 04:19 PM    Msg. 8 of 51       

lol

I'm not including halo online and h5 forge because they have not been released yet and one of them is not official.

lol https://ru.4game.com/halo/install/

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 04:54 PM    Msg. 9 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

This, & even if true it'll likely just be; Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike and Assault.

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 05:01 PM    Msg. 10 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: LuciTheAlien

This, & even if true it'll likely just be; Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike and Assault.

This is just a rumor but the post on waypoint is here. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-anvil-s-legacy

and yes I have fixed the number of pc halo games.

StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 05:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 51       
There is 6 current released titles for PC at this time. Halo: Custom Edition, Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Spartan Strike, Halo 2 Vista, Halo Wars 2 & Halo Online.

lol

Super Flanker

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 05:26 PM    Msg. 12 of 51       
7 > Halo Combat Evolved.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 11:07 PM    Msg. 13 of 51       

This is just a rumor but the post on waypoint is here. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-anvil-s-legacy

and yes I have fixed the number of pc halo games.

These things are never true.

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 12:06 PM    Msg. 14 of 51       
LNG mentions this as well so I'm not the only one. https://www.youtube.com/user/LateNightComms

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

"If God is love, then you can call me Cupid"

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 06:12 PM    Msg. 15 of 51       
Nice thread title, HaloFollower should hire you.

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 08:33 PM    Msg. 16 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
Nice thread title, HaloFollower should hire you.

Haha- indeed.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 11:22 PM    Msg. 17 of 51       
No halo 5 HEK, fu#k forge and windows10... i just want to pork some cmt stuff to h5

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 02:05 AM    Msg. 18 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
pork

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 07:14 AM    Msg. 19 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
i just want to pork some cmt stuff to h5

http://i.imgur.com/fRSwP.png

Oh yeah baybuh!

http://i.imgur.com/NrL0AoX.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nnBLMdwbQQ

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 08:41 AM    Msg. 20 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: negan

lol

Why bring up Halo online? Halo 5 is okay to bring up with but bringing up halo online on this forum is such a bad idea.

What's wrong with bringing up halo online? I know it sucks and it has been officially cancelled but it's not my fault if you guys can't controll yourself and not troll.

Idaho

Mihi Libertas Necesse Est

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 06:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 51       
Speculation would lead me to believe MS is going to rework the Halo x86 ports they made and release them as UWA, Halo Wars 1 being the first one of them, the app will act as an hub to play them like the MCC UI was, this will indeed be MCC for PC, just far better, well possibly...
Edited by Idaho on Aug 27, 2016 at 06:05 PM

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 06:41 PM    Msg. 22 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Speculation would lead me to believe MS is going to rework the Halo x86 ports they made and release them as UWA, Halo Wars 1 being the first one of them, the app will act as an hub to play them like the MCC UI was, this will indeed be MCC for PC, just far better, well possibly...

I certainly hope so, although I had given up hope on Halo on PC for a long time.
Perhaps the poor performance of the market this generation is pushing them to PC.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 08:11 PM    Msg. 23 of 51       

lol

Why bring up Halo online? Halo 5 is okay to bring up with but bringing up halo online on this forum is such a bad idea.

What's wrong with bringing up halo online? I know it sucks and it has been officially cancelled but it's not my fault if you guys can't controll yourself and not troll.

because of it being officially cancelled

Idaho

Mihi Libertas Necesse Est

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 08:11 PM    Msg. 24 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

I certainly hope so, although I had given up hope on Halo on PC for a long time.
Perhaps the poor performance of the market this generation is pushing them to PC.

Imo it's not a "perhaphs", it's a "for sure", the whole UWA thing is designed to blur the lines between PC and consoles, MS goals seem kinda clear to me...

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 08:13 PM    Msg. 25 of 51       
No halo 5 HEK, fu#k forge and windows10... i just want to pork some cmt stuff to h5

Would prbably look bad anyway because PBR.

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Sep 2, 2016 08:32 AM    Msg. 26 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

lol

because of it being officially cancelled

I had no idea at the writing of that post.

TheMadDoctor

Love others to be loved

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 12:35 AM    Msg. 27 of 51       
I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 08:27 AM    Msg. 28 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMadDoctor
I really hope this is a result of microsoft being aware that there are no less than 3 fan made multiplayer halo projects being worked on from the ground up on PC. Glassed, project contingency, and instalation 01. I don't mind that its just forge and custom games, because I heard the campaign is the lowest point in the series, and really couldn't care less about warzone.

I feel there are a lot of misconceptions about how H5's mp works but I will say they need a new head writer, because H5 story was just bland, not bad but purely bland.

Personally I think every Halo game should be available on PC regardless of quality.
I'd love modders to touch up Halo Anniversary for instance, the ported Cortana model being the most egregious for example.

TheMadDoctor

Love others to be loved

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 10:54 AM    Msg. 29 of 51       

I feel there are a lot of misconceptions about how H5's mp works but I will say they need a new head writer, because H5 story was just bland, not bad but purely bland.

Personally I think every Halo game should be available on PC regardless of quality.
I'd love modders to touch up Halo Anniversary for instance, the ported Cortana model being the most egregious for example.

Quality of a PC port is pretty important. I'm a little bit fearful of their UWP api. But I would be a bit more forgiving if they release editing tools for singleplayer to go with it.
Edited by TheMadDoctor on Sep 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 01:57 PM    Msg. 30 of 51       

Quality of a PC port is pretty important. I'm a little bit fearful of their UWP api. But I would be a bit more forgiving if they release editing tools for singleplayer to go with it.

I agree but I think you misunderstand, I meant every game regardless of what people may think of them eg Halo 5: Guardians, despite what I mentioned about the lead writer.

TheMadDoctor

Love others to be loved

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 02:40 AM    Msg. 31 of 51       
Having more halo ported would always be good. I wonder if I can make a gametype intentionally less accessible to controller users by having the game play more like quake with a faster default speed and no weapons with homing capabilities and minimal hitscan weapons on the map.
Edited by TheMadDoctor on Sep 5, 2016 at 02:50 AM

LuciTheAlien

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 02:24 PM    Msg. 32 of 51       

Having more halo ported would always be good. I wonder if I can make a gametype intentionally less accessible to controller users by having the game play more like quake with a faster default speed and no weapons with homing capabilities and minimal hitscan weapons on the map.

You could but honestly I use a controller for everything and probably always will.

Super Flanker

Posted: Sep 5, 2016 03:11 PM    Msg. 33 of 51       

You could but honestly I use a controller for everything and probably always will.

Even notepad? O.o

TheMadDoctor

Love others to be loved

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 12:35 AM    Msg. 34 of 51       
Maybe I could make the gametype using only marathon counterparts of weapons. Pistol, smg, assault rifle/plasma caster, plasma rifle (alien weapon), maybe the plasma pistol (fusion pistol). Of course the flamethrower would be nice but got nothing since halo 3.

SGT Arroyo

golden

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 07:38 AM    Msg. 35 of 51       

Even notepad? O.o
even Microsoft office word?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 28, 2017 12:25 AM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website