A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »BigAss Updates [REQ]

Author Topic: BigAss Updates [REQ] (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Railgun

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 05:15 AM    Msg. 1 of 15       
Hi!

Could someone do me a favor and update the following map? I'd like someone to add some new vehicles and weapons to it from some other maps and the game itself.

Here's a list.

Vehicle List

Both sides need Banshees at the back of their bases on a concrete plate.
-Must be destroyable

Remove extra trees if they become a problem with the banshee.

Both sides, Need a ghost opposite to the placement of the mongoose, probably in the center near the truck?
-Must be destroyable

Revenant, Two of theses will need to be littered around the map similar to tanks already in the map or the rockets warthog.
-Must be destroyable

Thirdly add a Gauss turret and extend the helipad for it as a base defense.
-Must be destroyable

*Optional But not Necessarily required*

Pelican, Place it on the other side of the banshee pad on its own pad.
- Must have machine gun turret at the back like halo 2 but offset so that people can get into the back of it with ease.
- Remove a line of sets to offset it.
-Must be destroyable

Elephant, If at all possible replace the truck with this if it isn't then place it outside
Troop Transport
-Remove the crane arm and make it so that its armored like the ODST variant but has some stairs from inside to access the gun on top.
- It will also need to close and open ramps if the driver presses mouse 1 and mouse 1 again.
-Must be destroyable

Hornet, Place it next to the banshee on another pad.
-Must be destroyable

Weapon List

Beam Rifles, Placement is on hills just as the focus rifles are but more plenty.

Spike Grenades, Throughout the map.

Flame Thrower, Placement is the civilian hut thing on the second level.
- Flame thrower hog meets this requirement if your feeling "creative"

Railgun, Placement is the area's that the rocket launchers are.

Sticky Detonator replace the assault rifles in the rocket hog locations.

Focus Rifle, Two on each side of the map on hills.

Plasma Pistol ability to disable vehicles for a short time.

In terms of map redesign.

Map Edits

If your finding that there's too much clutter in and around the base's I'd recommend hollowing out a space that connects to the truck tunnel as that basically serves no function beyond aesthetics.

Design for this can be as simple as a large cube space with a high enough roof and ramp to allow for ground based vehicles to exit and enter the base and would add some interesting game-play to the map as it would basically have access to the road.

Note that the Manis mech wouldn't be able to use this space as its height while standing that's assuming you add it as in my past mapping experience mechs don't work great in CE.

*Optional But not Necessarily required*

Theses next few ideas, I've got doubts but they may be interesting just the same to explore in terms of gameplay.

Extinction, I'd like see that walking metal box from extinction or coldsnap but remove its ablity to nuke and replace it with the function that the focus rifle has because it fire a massive continuous laser blast until it overheats may be more interesting rather than instant death for anything for miles around.

You'll also want to update the model and strip out the extra seats as they serve no function what so ever..

Something that may be a good choice for the vehicle bay is possibility adding a panic shield like Yoyorast Island v2 to the ramp and giving it health.

Edit:

Sorry about the delay, Had to scrap my original paintovers and use Paint.
http://imgur.com/a/RiqT2
Edited by Railgun on Aug 29, 2016 at 09:04 AM
Edited by Railgun on Aug 30, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Edited by Railgun on Aug 30, 2016 at 08:40 AM

Railgun

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 05:40 AM    Msg. 2 of 15       
Yeah. I don't understand.

This has nothing to do with fast food.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 06:38 AM    Msg. 3 of 15       
I'm not trying to sound mean, or off-putting but people here really don't do requests.

Its been parroted a billion times but if you want to recruit people, or have an idea come to life most people are going to expect at least a screenshot or two out of you.

And if you aren't willing to put in the work, assume probably no one else will either.
Also none of this sounds balanced or fun.

Railgun

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 06:50 AM    Msg. 4 of 15       
Dude, Theses things take time.

I'm already doing paint overs and it would be better if i could get a top down shot of the map but in-game shots will have to do.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 08:17 AM    Msg. 5 of 15       
Support me on Patreon and I might add some of the things you've mentioned https://www.patreon.com/aLTis94

Alex

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 10:07 AM    Msg. 6 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Support me on Patreon and I might add some of the things you've mentioned https://www.patreon.com/aLTis94

Railgun

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 04:44 PM    Msg. 7 of 15       
What him begging for money? Absolutely. Parton isn't suppose to be used like that, Your suppose to want to donate not be forced into doing so.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 08:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Railgun
What him begging for money? Absolutely. Parton isn't suppose to be used like that, Your suppose to want to donate not be forced into doing so.

If you had followed the development and stresses of this project coupled with the impact of all of this on the author you would understand why $5 really isn't asking much.

altis94

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 07:12 AM    Msg. 9 of 15       

I was just joking, I wasn't forcing you at all. No offense but your suggestions are a joke too, well most of them. I will only add flamethrower for survival mode but not anything else you've mentioned. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to do all of the things you want. Might as well add all of the things that someone else suggested long time ago http://pastebin.com/bbKTqU4t :v

Railgun

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 08:21 AM    Msg. 10 of 15       
So. What your saying is "It was just a prank bro" Why would you do that.

Kal_El

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 08:22 AM    Msg. 11 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

This all just speaks to his character

altis94

Posted: Aug 30, 2016 11:39 AM    Msg. 12 of 15       
So. What your saying is "It was just a prank bro" Why would you do that.

It's funny.

MatthewDratt

Meet Bullet & I. Halo: OD in Chicago 8/2-8/4

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 03:44 AM    Msg. 13 of 15       
hey altis i have suggestion can you make a ui with just bigass k thxs

Railgun

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 12:53 AM    Msg. 14 of 15       
It's done! Thanks for your help.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 10:13 PM    Msg. 15 of 15       
I should just make a bookmark folder with all my favorite halomaps threads

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 20, 2019 1:20 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website