A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Game won't start

Author Topic: Game won't start (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Noble Six ROCKS

ALL FEAR THE GAUSSHOG!!!!

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 08:23 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hey guys and gals, long time no see! So, I'm having problems with Custom Edition. Whenever I try to run it, the game pulls up administrator - allow program to blah blah blah - and I input the password. Then nothing happens for a second. Then a window - without an icon on the taskbar - closes. And that's it. I looked in the articles and stuff for any suggestions, but there was nothing specifically about my problem and nothing about Windows 10, which is what I am using. I was wondering if the problem was Windows 10 - I have an older Windows 7 desktop I can use if I have to, but I'd prefer to use my laptop so I'm not limited to home - or if anyone has encountered a similar problem. I know the coders may not be able to help without being able to access my laptop, but any advice would be much appreciated. Modders, keep up the good work!

TheMrJezza_

I like scarabs

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 09:05 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Windows 10 shouldn't have too many problems (unless it's a HP Laptop like mine). You could try to use Win 7 Compatibility mode, and make sure DirectX is updated. I can't think of anything else to try though.

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 09:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
First of, why aren't you the administrator of that computer yet have the password?

Try opening Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/haloce.exe with admin rights (Just in case you're using another config like windowed, devmode or some weird forced graphics config). If that doesn't work, try creating a .bat file in that same folder named "Windowed mode.bat" with the text:
Quote:
start haloce.exe -window
exit

inside.

If it still doesn't work, try downloading the last patch for haloce.exe

Still doesn't work? Try running it on compatibility mode for Win XP or Win 7.
Maybe you have a corrupted config.txt, try replacing it with the original file.

Have you installed anything lately? Like Open Sauce, ENBSeries, HAC2...?

Noble Six ROCKS

ALL FEAR THE GAUSSHOG!!!!

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 07:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
First of, why aren't you the administrator of that computer yet have the password?

Try opening Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo Custom Edition/haloce.exe with admin rights (Just in case you're using another config like windowed, devmode or some weird forced graphics config). If that doesn't work, try creating a .bat file in that same folder named "Windowed mode.bat" with the text:
Quote:
start haloce.exe -window
exit

inside.

If it still doesn't work, try downloading the last patch for haloce.exe

Still doesn't work? Try running it on compatibility mode for Win XP or Win 7.
Maybe you have a corrupted config.txt, try replacing it with the original file.

Have you installed anything lately? Like Open Sauce, ENBSeries, HAC2...?

No, I haven't installed anything recently. Also, I forgot the password to the admin account, which for some reason isn't the same password.
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMrJezza_
Windows 10 shouldn't have too many problems (unless it's a HP Laptop like mine). You could try to use Win 7 Compatibility mode, and make sure DirectX is updated. I can't think of anything else to try though.

I am using a HP laptop.

I will try your suggestions, thanks for the help!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 6:23 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website