A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Back after quite awhile.

Author Topic: Back after quite awhile. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 06:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
So I haven't been active for almost a year, and most of that has to do with Valve in general.
I have made a name in the Valve (mostly TF2) community. I love Valve games, and I love being apart of such a community. Not to say this community is bad, its just all of the negativity in the Halo community in general in recent years, it really did put me off of the community, it seemed everywhere I'd go It would be arguing about 343i, or hell even arguing about the quality of the older games, or even mods the community made themselves.
Honestly it was how hostile things were getting, and that's the main reason why I am here again. People aren't as hostile to each other right now. I think dust has settled when it comes to 343i's drama and its now much more civil. And to be honest I was even getting to a bad point were I'd mindlessly rant about Halo 4 and 5. Luckily things are getting better, which is great! I love the Halo series and will probably always play the series for as long as I am playing video games, I just don't want to get caught up in the negativity again like I did before.

(PS: The Halo discords have been the only decent ones I have seen, so great job on that.)
Edited by Grunter on Sep 20, 2016 at 06:28 PM

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 07:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Who are you?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 12:30 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grunter

*words*

Why do people let 'negativity' and 'trollishness' in these forums bother them? It's soooo easy to ignore the obvious idiots and arguments. I've always thought it was a terrible excuse to stop appearing in these forums. You're giving those people far too much power over YOUR decisions.

A far better reason is that because the people here can be idiots, you don't find it worth the time to even check in.

It's like the difference between being fired, and quitting a job.

Edit: messed up quote bracket...
Edited by Jesse on Sep 21, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 04:33 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Why do people let 'negativity' and 'trollishness' in these forums bother them? It's soooo easy to ignore the obvious idiots and arguments. I've always thought it was a terrible excuse to stop appearing in these forums. You're giving those people far too much power over YOUR decisions.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 4:04 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website