A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »is it possible to make ai playground in halo 2 pc version?

Author Topic: is it possible to make ai playground in halo 2 pc version? (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

tripleking

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 12:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
so i have seen many times that a xbox modded makes it possible for halo 2 ai playground... how comes that i can't find any mod that spawns ai or any tutorial about making ai vs ai playground for halo 2 pc version... if its possible can someone please learn me how or like send me video or the tools :D <3

kind regards
TK

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 04:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
H2EK is extremely stripped down compare to H1EK; Microsoft didn't really want people making custom maps, and hence stripped many features out (Some features have been restored by the community, although many features are still missing). H2 itself, doesn't even allow AI spawning in the Multiplayer Engine (people have applications to edit memory, to swap the engine temporarly to get some AI spawning in MP), and H2EK is only directly designed to compile MP maps.

Anyways, if you collect all the hacked tools, you can at least create a singleplayer map with Spartan and Elite AI, although they will not be able to freely wander the map; the information required to do so has been stripped. You can either have them stand still, or make them walk a set direction for a set number of steps. References to the AI are also stripped, meaning you cannot use scripts to refer to the AI later on (if they didn't strip this, you could of written your own AI pathfinding setup).

Look around here, thats an entire H2V community. The tools should be available there, as well as the few people left who deal with H2V.

tripleking

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 04:36 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
well that's a totally dick move of microsoft......skip. halo ce is easier.

so we gonna wait for halo 6 since its 100% confirmed and they are thinking of ai playground this time. hopefully they don't come out with a lame ass excuse....

like i don't know how gamecheat13 on youtube is doing it on hes modded xbox. bravo for those that made it possible, i would have thought if they could do for xbox , pc would too like ripping things from the xbox and port you know that crap. :p , since we know what they say about pc has limitless possibilities only requirement is you know how to do it. ...... :(

Thanks kirby :)
Edited by tripleking on Sep 26, 2016 at 04:36 PM
Edited by tripleking on Sep 26, 2016 at 04:37 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 4:46 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website