A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Problems With the Halo CE Community

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: The Problems With the Halo CE Community (61 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:10 AM    Msg. 1 of 61       
Now guys, I've been mostly quiet in the CE community for the past few months, mainly due to my attention being focused on other things, but I have seen some serious issues this community has, and I am going to address them here. Now please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to offend anyone, or expose anyone, I am just trying to show what is wrong with this community and how it can be fixed in the most civilised way possible. Someone needs to speak up about this, and that person is me.

- Treatment to Newcomers:
I have witnessed many times both for myself and for other users that people who are new to the Halo CE community and/or map making get treated very horribly. Even if they have a good attitude, good intentions, and have a question about something they want to know. These are potential mappers or even good friends that are being mistreated by the more experienced users. I find it truly inspiring when one such expert takes them under their wing and shows them how to be a good mapper.

- Overreacting to Opinions:
There is nothing objectively wrong with having an opinion, it is an opinion after all. Underneath my icon you will see that I believe CS:GO sucks, now I'm not saying my opinion is better than yours or you should only listen to mine or you have to agree with me, that is just my opinion. I can't do anything to prove that CS:GO is a good or bad game, because everyone has different tastes, and mine might be different to yours. And yet when people mention their opinion, people seem to flip out and start hating on them, a better thing you could do would be to say something like "I believe CS:GO is the Best FPS ever because ..." That would stop a lot of arguments that happen on this site.

- Blatant Criticism:
In a nutshell, blatant criticism is essentially criticising someone for no reason. On every forum or social networking site I can bet money that there is blatant criticism. Getting rid of every single bit of blatant criticism is nearly impossible. But for a community as small, smart, and as tightly woven together as the Halo CE community, this is just unacceptable. In short, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Give people constructive criticism for their projects, tell them what you liked and didn't like, what they could do better, not something as stupid as "You suck for existing".

- Mistreating people for their race, and age:
Another thing I have witnessed a lot of is people hating on other users merely for something like where they come from or how old they are. What do these two things have in common? They are things that you cannot control, you cannot change what race you are, and cannot change your age, that changes on its own. I am a 14 Year Old Australian, there is nothing wrong with that, and yet someone viewed one of my let's plays, which was made over a year ago, so my voice has gotten deeper by now and judging purely by my 13 year old broken voice, that person calls me a 12 year old English boy, which 1. You cannot assume this stuff. and 2. That is both racist, and ageist. Now that user has been banned, but other people doing this stuff have not pulled their heads in.

- Discord Servers:
Again, I'm not gonna call out names, but there have dozens upon dozens of time where people have been doing the things above repeatedly, and Admins have done nothing to stop them. There has been times where I have been banned from discord groups where the admin couldn't tell me what I did wrong, yet repeated offenders and literal trolls don't get the treatment they deserve. Sparky's server is getting good at this, but their is another which I won't say the name of which desperately needs some improvement.

- Breaking the Rules:
I don't make the rules, Dennis does, the creator and moderator of this site. All these things I have said with the exception of the Discord Servers for obvious reasons are taken DIRECTLY from the guidelines and rules he himself posted. Here's are three links if you don't believe me: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=27378
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=15269
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979
It should be pretty obvious by now, don't break the guidelines!
I am not the moderator, so I can't do anything about individual people or issues, but I can restate these guidelines.

- Its cyberbullying:
I have gotten pretty much used to the poor treatment that a good potion of this community gives me, it doesn't really hurt me, Counter Strike dying would hurt me more honestly. But That is probably not the same for everyone else putting up with it. Do you think people like this treatment? How would you like it? If the answer is no on an honest level, stop it. Users seem to forget that there are real people not only dealing with these problems, but also creating them.

- The Solution:
The solution is simple, read Dennis' guidelines, and do what they say to do, and don't do what they say to not do. Its that easy! The Halo CE community is a talented bunch, they have pushed Halo's engine to its limits and made some impressive mods that modern $60 shovelware games can't hold a candle to, following some guidelines and making the community a better place should not be hard.

- Conclusion:
At this point in time, I am honestly not expecting the community to change, people rarely change, this is basically my last attempt to make this community a better place in the most thought out and civilised way I can. I am genuinely considering leaving this community because of the way I have been treated, the way a lot of people behave, and the fact that thanks to those people, I have not actually gained much. I truly hope you guys understand this whole thing I have just spent 20 minutes typing and thinking out. Halo CE as a game means a lot to me, its the game which originally showed me what FPS games are like. Every year I see people saying "Halo's dead", its not so much the game, just the community, I am gonna leave you guys with one more thing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke.

HyperLuke, signing off.
Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 1, 2016 at 02:11 AM

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:33 AM    Msg. 2 of 61       
K

BipolarAurora

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:44 AM    Msg. 3 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
HyperLuke, signing off.

don't sign your posts lol

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 04:24 AM    Msg. 4 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger

Ironic.

Do they even teach reading comprehension in schools anymore

ironic.

You can't argue with these five year olds, that's how their minds work.
Edited by HyperLuke on Sep 12, 2016 at 12:44 AM

If I gave you a dollar for your thoughts, I'd get change.

Sure, let's fight cyberbullying by with more cyberbullying! That'll teach 'em!

"csgosucks.org"

[...]a better thing you could do would be to say something like "I believe CS:GO is the Best FPS ever because ..." That would stop a lot of arguments that happen on this site.

>Proceeds to not elaborate why CSGO sucks

Multiple times you have exhibited hypocrisy, I'm honestly not surprised you'd take 20 minutes to make out another one.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 04:28 AM    Msg. 5 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger

Ironic.

Do they even teach reading comprehension in schools anymore

ironic.

You can't argue with these five year olds, that's how their minds work.
Edited by HyperLuke on Sep 12, 2016 at 12:44 AM

If I gave you a dollar for your thoughts, I'd get change.

Sure, let's fight cyberbullying by with more cyberbullying! That'll teach 'em!

"csgosucks.org"

[...]a better thing you could do would be to say something like "I believe CS:GO is the Best FPS ever because ..." That would stop a lot of arguments that happen on this site.

>Proceeds to not elaborate why CSGO sucks

Multiple times you have exhibited hypocrisy, I'm honestly not surprised you'd take 20 minutes to make out another one.

Three words, so darn ironic.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 05:56 AM    Msg. 6 of 61       
Troll of the year award goes to... HyperLuke! Come on up here. Tell us all how you feel.

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 06:17 AM    Msg. 7 of 61       
Good intent, too nave

The Kingx

ᕙ༼ ಠ益ಠ༽ᕗ

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 07:33 AM    Msg. 8 of 61       
>Taking anything anyone says on this website seriously

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 09:19 AM    Msg. 9 of 61       
Hey Luke, that Discord server became a lot better without you!

People actually play games again and the atmosphere over there overal is much nicer.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 10:42 AM    Msg. 10 of 61       
Oh you got me chuckling. Stop it please, my sides hurt.

OctaVinyl

Voy A comer t corazon!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:20 AM    Msg. 11 of 61       
Told ya Luke. Ain't bad once you get to know em.

mihirgates

https://youtube.com/mihirgates

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 12:47 PM    Msg. 12 of 61       
u just suck m8 :v

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 01:07 PM    Msg. 13 of 61       
So youre going now huh. Bye i hope u never comeback.

Vuthakral

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 01:08 PM    Msg. 14 of 61       
- Discord Servers:
Again, I'm not gonna call out names, but there have dozens upon dozens of time where people have been doing the things above repeatedly, and Admins have done nothing to stop them. There has been times where I have been banned from discord groups where the admin couldn't tell me what I did wrong, yet repeated offenders and literal trolls don't get the treatment they deserve. Sparky's server is getting good at this, but their is another which I won't say the name of which desperately needs some improvement.

I still have the screenshots of all the temper tantrums, harassment, name calling, and etc that you've done, and any of them posted here would likely get me banned. Also "Admins have done nothing to stop them." Is this why you've been unbanned from Sparky's server three times, and users who were "unfairly attacking" you on the server were banned? AKA the server admin doing his job?

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 01:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 61       
The problem is that we are supossed to make content for HCE, and we are harrasing everyone else rather than making content. Believe me that the Hispanic comunity (excluding 2 noobs that are throwing s..t to each other) is one in their best moments in comparison with halomaps, and Im refering to the users, not the site...

The Master

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:02 PM    Msg. 16 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
The problem is that we are supossed to make content for HCE, and we are harrasing everyone else rather than making content. Believe me that the Hispanic comunity (excluding 2 noobs that are throwing s..t to each other) is one in their best moments in comparison with halomaps, and Im refering to the users, not the site...
I remember how it was 4-5 years ago, it can't possibly be worse than that now.

The Facebook drama oh my god...

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:21 PM    Msg. 17 of 61       

mihirgates

https://youtube.com/mihirgates

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 02:48 PM    Msg. 18 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Lol😂

The Master

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 03:09 PM    Msg. 19 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.
Unfortunately some people don't grow out of it.

Lateksi

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 03:33 PM    Msg. 20 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Good intent, too nave

This. I don't want to sound like a jerk but just try to stop taking things too seriously on Halo CE community forums. At least they're not as bad as the aforementioned Counter-Strike (communities) but then again, not as mature as the Quake community for example.

EmmanuelCD

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 03:45 PM    Msg. 21 of 61       
Using Dennis arguments I can say its average time...or average user database lifetime (Im looking at you Alex), how ever I insist in the propourse of the site: Creating custome content....
Besides im 19 this month, and I work and study...So im capable of acting as an adult in situations that requiered it.

The Master

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 04:50 PM    Msg. 22 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Using Dennis arguments I can say its average time...or average user database lifetime (Im looking at you Alex), how ever I insist in the propourse of the site: Creating custome content....
Besides im 19 this month, and I work and study...So im capable of acting as an adult in situations that requiered it.
Everyone is capable of acting like an adult, the problem is not all of them act like adults normally. The more you are forced to, the more you become one.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 05:36 PM    Msg. 23 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Good intent, too nave

This. I don't want to sound like a jerk but just try to stop taking things too seriously on Halo CE community forums. At least they're not as bad as the aforementioned Counter-Strike (communities) but then again, not as mature as the Quake community for example.

Maturity has always been an issue on this forum. When most of the user base is in their teens, its pretty obvious there is going to be some drama and immaturity going on. I'm not condoning it by any means, but its always been an issue here and pretty much will continue to be... like you said, at some point people just need to stop taking it seriously and get over it.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 05:40 PM    Msg. 24 of 61       
I'm glad hitting F5 on the forums still brings gems like these out every now and then.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 06:54 PM    Msg. 25 of 61       
A board full of nonsensical garbage is infinitely better than a dead one.
shtpost away ur overlord xnx demands it

OctaVinyl

Voy A comer t corazon!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 07:23 PM    Msg. 26 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
A board full of nonsensical garbage is infinitely better than a dead one.
shtpost away ur overlord xnx demands it

I agree to this one. That's what makes this community so special. We're all idiots.

Alex

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 07:36 PM    Msg. 27 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: OctaVinylWe're all idiots.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 07:45 PM    Msg. 28 of 61       
14 Years Old you missed the {S}.

I think you need to get some balls, mate, and as for cyber bullying, take a look think,
as wean you 1st got here, 2nd it dose HURT's you, or you wouldn't be taking the time to,
text this.

3rd you don't like Cyber Bullying,yet you're one.

and 4th it's how you act mate you need to grow up.

that's all I have to say, do think hard on this, and look back though all you posts.

Edited by DOOM899 on Oct 1, 2016 at 07:46 PM

OctaVinyl

Voy A comer t corazon!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 08:47 PM    Msg. 29 of 61       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

14 Years Old you missed the {S}.

I think you need to get some balls, mate, and as for cyber bullying, take a look think,
as wean you 1st got here, 2nd it dose HURT's you, or you wouldn't be taking the time to,
text this.

3rd you don't like Cyber Bullying,yet you're one.

and 4th it's how you act mate you need to grow up.

that's all I have to say, do think hard on this, and look back though all you posts.

Edited by DOOM899 on Oct 1, 2016 at 07:46 PM

Yeah it's kinda his fault he's being hurt here.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:15 PM    Msg. 30 of 61       
Now I'm being attacked by Dennis for acting at or above my age, practice what you preach.

You guys are still doing the things that Dennis posted about and then I restated.

Higuy and EmmanuelCD are right, you are all just complete idiots, If someone told me that when I joined, this would have been a lot easier for me.

All the things you guys have claimed me to be is complete and utter bullcrap, my post and the guidelines and rules Dennis (who is actually not following his own guidelines) made backs me up.

Please tell me why I should take anything you guys say seriously?
Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 1, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 1, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:34 PM    Msg. 31 of 61       
All the things you guys have claimed me to be is complete and utter bullcrap, my post and the guidelines and rules Dennis (who is actually not following his own guidelines) made backs me up.

Cool. So how are you not a hypocrite again?
E: If you post "ironic" one more time I'm just going to assume you have no argument.
Edited by Spartan314 on Oct 1, 2016 at 11:35 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:39 PM    Msg. 32 of 61       
Now I'm being attacked by Dennis for acting at or above my age, practice what you preach.

Toddlers have better social skills than you, what are you smoking with your "above your age" poop. You have an ego above the recommended size is what I think.

MrBoringCom

everything is boredem

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:40 PM    Msg. 33 of 61       
All the things you guys have claimed me to be is complete and utter bullcrap, my post and the guidelines and rules Dennis (who is actually not following his own guidelines) made backs me up
you hear that dennis? he's roasting you.

HyperLuke

csgosucks.org

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:45 PM    Msg. 34 of 61       
I'm not responding to you guys anymore, I have justified myself and your desperately trying to justify your blatant hate.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 11:53 PM    Msg. 35 of 61       
I'm not responding to you guys anymore

You just responded

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 9:32 PM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website