A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »plz help plz

Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: plz help plz (140 messages, Page 2 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 11, 2016 06:12 PM    Msg. 36 of 140       
Still waiting on a legitimate reason why I should be banned.
Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 11, 2016 at 06:13 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Oct 11, 2016 06:41 PM    Msg. 37 of 140       
Denial is the most primitive defense mechanism.
This is literally "I know you are but what am I"


MEGA_VKNG
Joined: Dec 23, 2013

no.


Posted: Oct 11, 2016 06:45 PM    Msg. 38 of 140       
I feel like asking why you should be banned 50 times in a row is a good warrant to just be banned.


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Oct 11, 2016 06:46 PM    Msg. 39 of 140       
At this point he's just baiting.

> starts meaningless argument.
> adds fuel to the fire.
> adds more fuel.
> upsets people including sweet and innocent sean.

> waits a bit.

> tries to cajole more users into his fire by posting tempting trash.

Somewhere in here should be a possible plot to assisinate dennis but I've been wrong before.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 11, 2016 09:22 PM    Msg. 40 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke

Still waiting on a legitimate reason why I should be banned.

Maybe because you're asking for it?

Because people are telling me I should be banned yet won't give a reason. The most blatant accusation possible.

"Denial is the most primitive defense mechanism.
This is literally "I know you are but what am I"" Spartan314

I always give reasons or evidence as to support my reason. You people have shown time and time again that you would literally ignore that and still continue to preach that I should be banned or something. I can say with certainty have never blatantly denied any claims made to me.

"I feel like asking why you should be banned 50 times in a row is a good warrant to just be banned." - MEGA_VKING

I have not been banned 50 times, that is over-exaggeration. Please tell me what is fair about being banned when 1. The moderators quite literally blatantly insult me. 2. Can't give me a reason why I should be banned. Eg stunt_man and UF ShadowTeddy.

"At this point he's just baiting.

> starts meaningless argument.
> adds fuel to the fire.
> adds more fuel.
> upsets people including sweet and innocent sean.

> waits a bit.

> tries to cajole more users into his fire by posting tempting trash.

Somewhere in here should be a possible plot to assisinate dennis but I've been wrong before."
- SuperFlanker

- I literally either attempt to have a casual conversation, or give some construtive critism. Eg in this very thread when I showed how silly plz help plz sounds.
- Proceeds to not elaborate on how I supposedly add fuel to the fire.
- Proceeds to not elaborate on how I supposedly add more fuel to the fire.
- He literally started this. I can link you to the thread that he decided to blatantly annoy me on and screenshots of discord posts he has made, just ask. I am not doing it here because I do have some sympaty and won't intrude Mr Sean's privacy (discord. But here is the link to the thread:http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49429


EtchyaSketch
Joined: Apr 11, 2014

S P I N


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 01:26 AM    Msg. 41 of 140       
B l a T a n T


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 01:37 AM    Msg. 42 of 140       
Indeed they can be.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 02:07 AM    Msg. 43 of 140       
Sigh.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 05:42 AM    Msg. 44 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: thegeekchic

Instead of explaining to you what you're doing wrong, I'll just keep posting updates of the heatmap of people around the world who think you, along with Super Alex (probably your alt account), deserve to be banned. Obviously Dennis isn't up to the task of moderating teenagers anymore, so we'll do it ourselves (like we should have been able to do from the start).
https://s12.postimg.org/vj6k8t2u5/27_haters_and_counting.jpg
For the record, 27 people think you should be banned. Do us all a favor and either change your ways, or leave.
Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 12, 2016 at 02:02 AM

When you want to ban someone, you have to give reasons why, you can't ban people for no reason, thats just no how it works...

I thought you Halo Maps people were smart.


ScarFOx
Joined: Sep 26, 2015

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 06:14 AM    Msg. 45 of 140       
This drama is 11/10 2much4m3
Edited by ScarFOx on Oct 12, 2016 at 06:15 AM


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 12, 2016 06:50 PM    Msg. 46 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: thegeekchic
Obviously Dennis isn't up to the task of moderating teenagers anymore, so we'll do it ourselves (like we should have been able to do from the start).

And lest we forget web forums are not democratic, regardless of what you think, they are benign dictatorships at their core. This one makes no pretense otherwise which is why people don't get banned by consensuses.

The "do it yourself" approach tends to get you banned. The insulting the moderator tends to get you noticed. Getting noticed tends to increase your chances of having me reply to your posts. Having me reply to your posts tends get you frustrated to the point where you violate a rule which, yea, gets you banned.

Now if you two don't stop bickering like little kids I will ban you both saving me the trouble. That goes for all those who joined in.


ps: the wise thing here is to not reply and just move on, but we all know how that will go don't we? (rhetorical not requiring an answer)


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 02:32 PM    Msg. 47 of 140       
This thread has gotten popular for the wrong reasons..... Yet again :/


ScarFOx
Joined: Sep 26, 2015

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 02:52 PM    Msg. 48 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
This thread has gotten popular for the wrong reasons..... Yet again :/

gotta love people


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 03:32 PM    Msg. 49 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: thegeekchic

*image deleted by admin

Edited by thegeekchic on Oct 13, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Edited by Dennis on Oct 13, 2016 at 03:30 PM


Well that was a completely predictable outcome. It is not suppose to be that easy but yet... it is.


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 06:13 PM    Msg. 50 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: YoloSwagger420
Yeah, I'm as predictable as you.

You can do better than that.

What? Being hoisted with his own petard wasn't enough?

Please people move on there is nothing left to see here.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 06:55 PM    Msg. 51 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: YoloSwagger420
Yeah, I'm as predictable as you.

You can do better than that.

What? Being hoisted with his own petard wasn't enough?

Please people move on there is nothing left to see here.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Please be consistent with what you say.


EmmanuelCD
Joined: Jan 7, 2015

I hate this comunity as much as hate my existence


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 07:07 PM    Msg. 52 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: YoloSwagger420
Yeah, I'm as predictable as you.

You can do better than that.

What? Being hoisted with his own petard wasn't enough?

Please people move on there is nothing left to see here.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Please be consistent with what you say.


You need diferent arguments for diferent situations dummy


Super Flanker
Joined: Oct 5, 2012

The length of your life depends on my aim.


Posted: Oct 13, 2016 08:28 PM    Msg. 53 of 140       
Still struggling w/ uv's op???


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 12:30 PM    Msg. 54 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: YoloSwagger420
Yeah, I'm as predictable as you.

You can do better than that.

What? Being hoisted with his own petard wasn't enough?

Please people move on there is nothing left to see here.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Please be consistent with what you say.



I have a feeling Luke that you'll be next, if you know what I mean.



Quote: Still struggling w/ uv's op???




Yes. Please help.


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 01:55 PM    Msg. 55 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hyperluke
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Please be consistent with what you say.

There is nothing inconsistent with explaining to people that they should act mature and then pointing out that the reason many don't is their immaturity.

HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 09:23 PM    Msg. 56 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Hyperluke
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
3. Play Nice! UXB Internet and Halo Maps will not tolerate insulting, flaming or harassing of users. Do not pick fights or 'troll', or post topics on controversial issues such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Keep to the topics of the particular forum. As your parents taught you, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.


Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The problem is time.

Please be consistent with what you say.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
There is nothing inconsistent with explaining to people that they should act mature and then pointing out that the reason many don't is their immaturity.

Yet there is in saying don't pick fights over controversial issues which can include age, then insulting ones age. Even though said person acted in a civilised matter attempting to make halo maps a better place, something I don't think the average adolescent here is capable of.
Edited by HyperLuke on Oct 14, 2016 at 09:25 PM


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 09:30 PM    Msg. 57 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
There is nothing inconsistent with explaining to people that they should act mature and then pointing out that the reason many don't is their immaturity.


lol how can u tell a 12 years old to act mature.
Edited by Kinnet on Oct 14, 2016 at 09:30 PM


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 09:58 PM    Msg. 58 of 140       
There are 16 year old kids that can act 22 and then there are 16 year old kids that act like they're 12.

Don't play stupid. Saying "ironic" after all that was said is making you look like a 12 year old blocking his ears saying 'la la la'. It might not be blatant denial but it is denial nevertheless.

If you're feeling discriminated against because of some number you call your age, think again. I think it's because of your behavior.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 11:03 PM    Msg. 59 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
There are 16 year old kids that can act 22 and then there are 16 year old kids that act like they're 12.

Don't play stupid. Saying "ironic" after all that was said is making you look like a 12 year old blocking his ears saying 'la la la'. It might not be blatant denial but it is denial nevertheless.

If you're feeling discriminated against because of some number you call your age, think again. I think it's because of your behavior.

I said "ironic" literally once, is that your only argument that I am a terrible person that should be banned?

You can't give me a single example of me acting like a 12 year old, half the time you don't even quote me and when you do I always have a reason.

Please tell me why you are somehow more mature than me when you keep trying to annoy me on any thread no matter what I am doing.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Oct 14, 2016 11:27 PM    Msg. 60 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
I said "ironic" literally once

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger

Ironic.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Do they even teach reading comprehension in schools anymore

ironic.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
The young and insolent of today should be re-paid for their misdeeds.
Edited by Super Flanker on Aug 28, 2016 at 07:53 AM

Ironic.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 01:23 AM    Msg. 61 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
I said "ironic" literally once

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
CE3 was only a month ago, I know you are very very very little but shouldn't you be a little bit more patient?

As long as you didn't lie about your bd then I am only a year and a bit younger than you.
Edited by Super Alex on Sep 25, 2016 at 05:14 AM

Then why do you act like you're only a decade and a bit younger

Ironic.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Do they even teach reading comprehension in schools anymore

ironic.

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
The young and insolent of today should be re-paid for their misdeeds.
Edited by Super Flanker on Aug 28, 2016 at 07:53 AM

Ironic.

That must make me a horrible person.


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 01:56 AM    Msg. 62 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Yet there is in saying don't pick fights over controversial issues which can include age, then insulting ones age.
I am not "insulting ones age". I have even gone as far as pointing people to the relevant information about brain development as it relates to physical age so they can understand their actions. I explain to people who act out exactly what could happen should they fail to control their impulses and how not to incur those consequences. Yet with surprising regularity they fail at the basic life skill of restraint that will help them in the future.

Being young is universal, experienced by everyone. By definition you have experienced less than someone who has lived much longer and has tee-shirts older than you. There is no shame in it. It's not an insult. It just is. Learn from it because with all puns intended; you will grow out of it.


HyperLuke
Joined: May 5, 2016

csgosucks.org


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 02:31 AM    Msg. 63 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
Yet there is in saying don't pick fights over controversial issues which can include age, then insulting ones age.
I am not "insulting ones age". I have even gone as far as pointing people to the relevant information about brain development as it relates to physical age so they can understand their actions. I explain to people who act out exactly what could happen should they fail to control their impulses and how not to incur those consequences. Yet with surprising regularity they fail at the basic life skill of restraint that will help them in the future.

Being young is universal, experienced by everyone. By definition you have experienced less than someone who has lived much longer and has tee-shirts older than you. There is no shame in it. It's not an insult. It just is. Learn from it because with all puns intended; you will grow out of it.

Being young is universal , but you pointed out that I must be immature based on my actions without considering what I had said, or my intentions, to make people realise what they are doing wrong and how they could make halomaps a better place. Now I don't know about you but that seems like a pretty mature thing to do, especially using civilised language. And I see absolutely nothing wrong in doing just that. I suggest, that If you want to point something out that I am doing, that you believe is wrong, then you say why it is, the way you said it was extremely blatant. Because the way that you put it, was almost like a blatant insult. And who are you referring to when you say "they, them, their"? Me? People on Halo Maps? All Adolescents?


Pepzee
Joined: Sep 9, 2010


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 03:52 AM    Msg. 64 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Yet with surprising regularity they fail at the basic life skill of restraint that will help them in the future.

It shouldn't be surprising.

The culture of the United States and other western countries is focused on the individual in the present. Most folks don't care about the consequences of tomorrow, or even realize them. It is even easier on the Internet as your actions are not directly tied to your identity.

It is an interesting discussion to have.


LuciTheAlien
Joined: Aug 20, 2016


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 04:31 AM    Msg. 65 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Yet with surprising regularity they fail at the basic life skill of restraint that will help them in the future.

It shouldn't be surprising.

The culture of the United States and other western countries is focused on the individual in the present. Most folks don't care about the consequences of tomorrow, or even realize them. It is even easier on the Internet as your actions are not directly tied to your identity.

It is an interesting discussion to have.


Too interesting for Halo maps. Lol


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 08:07 AM    Msg. 66 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
This thread has gotten popular for the wrong reasons..... Yet again :/

gotta love people


ikr


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 03:36 PM    Msg. 67 of 140       
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperLuke
but you pointed out that I must be immature based on my actions without considering what I had said, or my intentions,
Until you addressed me I didn't even notice you except as a foil for someone who was acting improperly. My statement was: "Now if you two don't stop bickering like little kids I will ban you both saving me the trouble. That goes for all those who joined in."

My warning was: "ps: the wise thing here is to not reply and just move on, but we all know how that will go don't we? (rhetorical not requiring an answer)"

My warning still stands. Move along. Return to the subject of the thread.


Alex
Joined: Apr 22, 2016


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 04:07 PM    Msg. 68 of 140       
Alrighty then. Let's get back on track.


My new map that I made. The grass UV is fine but the Cliff texture is not fine. In 3dsmax it looks fine but in game it looks terrible. Also, Is there any crit on this map that you guys can post. It's my first map that I hope to finish.
















The Master
Joined: Aug 8, 2014

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 04:50 PM    Msg. 69 of 140       
Try tweaking the vertical and horizontal scaling on guerilla.


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Don't feed the hand that bites you.


Posted: Oct 15, 2016 04:52 PM    Msg. 70 of 140       
It looks like minecraft

 
Page 2 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · 4 · Prev · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu December 14, 2017 7:40 PM 563 ms.
A Halo Maps Website