Yup this is another one of those threads wherein op desperatly reaches out for help only to fix his problem minutes later......
It seems that I had too many individual sub object elements within my scene.
In my case I unlinked an object containing 113 individual elements (totalling up to 300 triangles exactly) from the frame node.
To dumb that down a little, essentially I had too many individual sub object elements collectively in my max scene.
To further summarize a sub object element can be any shape, size or detail count, (in 3d terms) the key to remember here is that they are classified as "individual elements" because they are not physically attached to any other parts of their respective objects.
Instead they exist as individual entities much like what children are to a parent. (In relationary terms)
Incase you were wondering the sub object elements in question were a group of transparent planes meant to be disguised as tree decals.
I should also mention that within my scene I had additional elements which could be catgorized in the form of light strips and other decals all designed to be rendered in game without collision.
It seems that collectively all of these elements no matter where they were or what object they were apart of exceeded the amount that tool could process which according to the debug is 4096.
By randomly unlinking an object from my frame (so they would not be exported) containing a hundred or so elements I reduced my global mesh element count, thus meeting the 4096 quota imposed by tool.
I feel it's worh noting that I could have removed any other elements within my scene and achieved the same result, just so long as I was left with less than 4096 of them linked to my frame prior to export.
So it seems ladies and gents that would be your answer, ensure you have less than 4096 mesh elements linked to your frame node and you shouldn't have to run into this particular error any time soon.
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
If you have untextured areas in your map, give them a quick UVW map(quick as in: just lazily select UVW map and then reconvert it to mesh or whatever). I get that weird assembly looking error when I make untextured stuff, probably because the untextured stuff has like infinite coordinates or something dumb like that
I added a quick uvw map modifier to the whole bsp and set the length, width and heighth to "100".
Unfortunately this had no effect whatsoever upon re-compilation within tool as I was met by the exact same error.
I'm not too discerned by this however, since I am not utilizing the bluestreak exporter within my workflow.
That's not to say I am not grateful for it's existence however!
Btw ceers for the bump OJ!