A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »HAC2 map downloads broken (invalid address error)

Author Topic: HAC2 map downloads broken (invalid address error) (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Some Halo Player

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 02:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
A heads up for other users...

HAC2 isn't downloading any new custom maps for me, instead it is generating an "invalid address" message in Halo when I try to join a server that's running a map that I don't already have.

I read somewhere that this can happen if one of the map download mirror sites is not working correctly. Might be something Btcc22 or friends need to look into. Thanks.
Edited by Some Halo Player on Oct 26, 2016 at 02:28 PM

Btcc22

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 02:31 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
System is temporarily offline for some maintenance.

Some Halo Player

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 12:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Btcc22
System is temporarily offline for some maintenance.

Thanks for the info. This error was first reported to me some weeks ago, and it is still happening now (a week after your post).

Is there perhaps some other problem? If not, then do you have any idea when the maintenance might be completed?

The problem is that HAC2 users assume there is something wrong with the Halo server itself. They don't even realize that the non-specific "invalid address" error is actually related to map downloads (since there isn't any mention of HAC2 in the error). So it is nearly impossible to get HAC2 users to join servers with new maps until this error is fixed.

Kal_El

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 01:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Be patient! All will be as it was; perhaps better!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 22, 2018 1:11 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website