A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Easy way to get sound from H2V? (Or Halo 2 Xbox)

Author Topic: Easy way to get sound from H2V? (Or Halo 2 Xbox) (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 02:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I know you can rip the sounds with Mr. Mowhawk, But thats incredibally slow, being only one sound can bex extracted at a time, and that is terribly un-productive. Any way to to Mass- Extractions? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance! :D

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 12:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
You need to extract the sounds from the Xbox side. While sound related tags are fully compatible with CE ones, H2V is not so easily ripped. There seems to be a major tag block difference in terms of secondary data which results in crashing when opening certain sound types in any application, including the H2EK. There are basic sounds already available in the EK, but sadly only mutiplayer ones.

Use Entity and grab the stock maps for H2X. From what I recall, Troy implimented batch extraction in version 3.18 of Entity.

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 12:44 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Thank you for the reply! May I have a link to that program, please? I can't seem to find it. Aswell as how to extract multiple sound files as .wav ?

Edited by xXblazmodzXx on Nov 5, 2016 at 01:11 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 07:36 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
You could try recording it with a microphone while playing

Twinreaper

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 08:50 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
I'm too lazy to rar the file up and host it, so instead, register here at our old H2X stomping ground and get it direct...

http://remnantmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1325

As for batch extracting, it's in the plain options so there isn't much I cand irect you to do. As far as formats, iirc it rips them in wav format.

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 10:44 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
I can't really extract them. Whenever I even click a .snd tag it gives me an error. I can't find any Batch Extraction either.

Bizargh

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 02:01 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Unfortunately, I'm looking for the answer to that question myself. I'd love to say "Adjutant", but there hasn't been an update in a long time and I presume the author(s) don't have adding Sound extraction support for Halo 2 very high on their priorities list regarding tool updates.

Best advice I can give you is two different tools, both of 'em with drawbacks (Namely, no Batch Extraction, at least as far as I was able to deduce).

ADI is one such. It should get you the scripted dialogue easily from the H2X .map files, but it'll only get you one out of numerous audio files in a single .snd tag file (Ex. Battle Rifle shots), if it can access them to begin with. Here's a download link (I tested & scanned it with AVG beforehand; no red flags): http://ibotmodz.net/forum/files/go/a9f2e83523af10ddbf02ef390e98d31a/adi, or another link for a "v.2.0.1" (Presumably the newest version, but no idea if it was updated 'officially'): http://www.h2mt.org/repository/tools.php

The other is Gravemind for H2V. The latest version is 1.6b (You may need 1.5 for the plugins, according to this link: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22274-Gravemind-1.6B). I think I fetched mine from here: http://www.h2mt.org/repository/tools.php

I've got 1.6b on my hands, but my experience has not been smooth (Could be user error, but I didn't hear promising reports from others). The tool has long been out of date and I believe has trouble running on 64bit or post Windows XP systems (Don't take my word for it, it's just vague recollection). When I've managed to find a user route that avoids the tool crashing and successfully performed an extraction, I've had errors such as stretched length (And pitch with it).

It would be lovely to have tools on hand for a much more up-to-date & smooth user experience getting Halo 2's audio, but I don't see much interest surrounding the game itself for it's assets (It's unsatisfactory PC port, and that may be too kind a word for it, doesn't help matters). Pity, 'cause that NPC dialogue holds a place in my heart more special than the rest of the franchise.
Edited by Bizargh on Nov 6, 2016 at 02:02 AM
Edited by Bizargh on Nov 6, 2016 at 02:04 AM
Edited by Bizargh on Nov 6, 2016 at 02:05 AM

xXblazmodzXx

"Be Human..."

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 01:04 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Thanks for your reply! Man. We need a program for Batch Extraction. Gravemind isnt working for me right now, keeps giving me an unhandled exception error for opening maps. I'm not sure if it was gravemind, but I was using a program which let me extract one sound at a time, I'm sure it was Gravemind, but its not working now.
Edited by xXblazmodzXx on Nov 6, 2016 at 01:08 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 4:59 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website