A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »First Person Warthogs

Author Topic: First Person Warthogs (15 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Lemon

"You're gonna lose." - Gertie Giggles

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 04:35 PM    Msg. 1 of 15       
Hello,

I've been trying to solve this for a while now, and I am still persistant. I've tried searching console commands on devmode for a while, and found a command that I am curious about. it is, "object_pvs_set_camera"
If it will help me, can someone teach me how to use it? That would be wonderful.

To help with other ideas, I've thought up something. Is there any way to use a command that locks the flycam in a certain spot welded with a vehicle or object, so that when I move a vehicle, the camera moves with it?

Thank you!

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 01:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 15       
I'm about 90% sure that there isn't a direct command to make the camera work in the way you intend for it to be. However, if it sates your curiosity, Kirby made a video about him trying out making vehicles play out in first person. From the video and his experience, it seems nauseating at best and not helpful to gameplay in the slightest.

ScarFOx

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 06:05 PM    Msg. 3 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I'm about 90% sure that there isn't a direct command to make the camera work in the way you intend for it to be. However, if it sates your curiosity, Kirby made a video about him trying out making vehicles play out in first person. From the video and his experience, it seems nauseating at best and not helpful to gameplay in the slightest.
Because the controls are mostly moved by camera putting stuff like that in first person really messes up the gameplay

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 06:21 PM    Msg. 4 of 15       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lemon
Hello,

I've been trying to solve this for a while now, and I am still persistant. I've tried searching console commands on devmode for a while, and found a command that I am curious about. it is, "object_pvs_set_camera"
If it will help me, can someone teach me how to use it? That would be wonderful.

To help with other ideas, I've thought up something. Is there any way to use a command that locks the flycam in a certain spot welded with a vehicle or object, so that when I move a vehicle, the camera moves with it?

Thank you!
this is something, that could be done,
I think it was last year, I did something like that, and didn't use console commands,
wean I get the time, and get my mod done, this is something ill look into again.

dariusofwest2

Machinimator, Music Composer, Director

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 09:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 15       
I ended up using the Halo Game Editor 2 to do that while in-game, ended up being really disorienting X_X It was really cool, but quite disorienting.

Lemon

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 07:12 PM    Msg. 6 of 15       
Would you mind posting a link to that application? I cannot find it.
Thanks!
Edited by Lemon on Nov 19, 2016 at 07:12 PM

dariusofwest2

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 07:16 PM    Msg. 7 of 15       
Hi Lemon!

I can't seem to find it either at the moment. I'd reupload it somewhere, but I don't have permission to do so. X_X

DeadHamster

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 07:19 PM    Msg. 8 of 15       
There should be an option in the Seat reflexive located within the Vehicle tag. There should be a bitmask (checkbox/flag) that lists "Third Person Camera" or "First Person Camera" or something to that nature. This would all be editable by opening the .vehicle tag in Guerilla.

There should also be bitmasks in that same area that list "Third Person Entry" or, again, something similar.

This is off memory, I could be mistaken. Haven't taken a look at vehicle seats in ages and I'm basing this off recollections from HMT3.5, memories which go back almost a decade.

dariusofwest2

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 07:30 PM    Msg. 9 of 15       
^ Yep, that sounds correct.

DeadHamster

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 09:32 PM    Msg. 10 of 15       
To clarify after checking Guerilla, the option is called "Third Person Camera". Uncheck that and build a copy of the map. Whichever vehicle you selected will have a first person camera while using that seat.

Lemon

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 04:22 PM    Msg. 11 of 15       
I use dothalo because I can't get the pack that includes Guerilla even though I've a legit copy of the game itself.

Does Dothalo still work with this? I've done something similar, and it game me some sort of underbonnet cam.

-edit
I have now unchecked the "Third Person" for seat 0. It just gives me some sort of underbonnet cam like sightjacking in HAC2 like i've previously mentioned.
Edited by Lemon on Nov 20, 2016 at 04:33 PM
Edited by Lemon on Nov 20, 2016 at 04:34 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 04:44 PM    Msg. 12 of 15       

I use dothalo because I can't get the pack that includes Guerilla even though I've a legit copy of the game itself.

Wut?

Lemon

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 04:54 PM    Msg. 13 of 15       
Meaning, I can not install Geurilla or Sapien because when I attempt to open the installation, it claims I do not have the game installed, when I do. You can only get those applications from the modpack, and it isn't currently possible to get Guerilla seperate.
Edited by Lemon on Nov 20, 2016 at 04:55 PM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 06:47 PM    Msg. 14 of 15       

Meaning, I can not install Geurilla or Sapien because when I attempt to open the installation, it claims I do not have the game installed, when I do. You can only get those applications from the modpack, and it isn't currently possible to get Guerilla seperate.
Edited by Lemon on Nov 20, 2016 at 04:55 PM

Use proton or assembly

Lemon

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 05:42 PM    Msg. 15 of 15       
Assembly doesn't support Halo CE, and Proton currently does not have working tag importation.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 9:10 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website