A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »hl2 models in Halo CE?

Author Topic: hl2 models in Halo CE? (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rudeboy13

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 03:19 AM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Are there any available tutorials for porting Source Engine models to Halo CE? I remember seeing SeanTheLawn's videos where he ported the metrocop and headcrab but he hasn't been online in a while. I've been wanting to try and port the cremator over but I have no idea where to get started apart from maybe blender or 3DS Max.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 11:13 AM    Msg. 2 of 9       
First figure out how to extract Source models/textures and import them into max.

Kinnet

FeelsGoodMan

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 11:22 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: rudeboy13
Are there any available tutorials for porting Source Engine models to Halo CE? I remember seeing SeanTheLawn's videos where he ported the metrocop and headcrab but he hasn't been online in a while. I've been wanting to try and port the cremator over but I have no idea where to get started apart from maybe blender or 3DS Max.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bLfQ_mZQqK8

rudeboy13

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 11:55 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
I'm already pretty familiar with the source engine, decompiling models, etc. It's just getting them into Halo CE with intact animations that I wanna figure out how to do. What 3DS Max version is best for CE?

Alex

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 04:10 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       
I'm already pretty familiar with the source engine, decompiling models, etc. It's just getting them into Halo CE with intact animations that I wanna figure out how to do. What 3DS Max version is best for CE?

Anything above 3dsmax 08.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 02:18 AM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex

Actually max 8 was the best,it was the only one to support exporting to JMS and JMA without a script.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 04:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex

Actually max 8 was the best,it was the only one to support exporting to JMS and JMA without a script.

Your not a true Max user until you have tried 2.5.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 10:06 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
I used to have 4.0 on disc. That was earliest one I had, cousin gave it to me, he used to do a lot of animation, commercials, music videos. Stuff like that.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 09:45 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
I use max 2017 for ce, so you should be good with anything you can get now. (Warning, 2013 is terrible).

You can get 17 with a student license for free.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 24, 2019 1:11 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website