A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I need sp tutorials and feedback

Author Topic: I need sp tutorials and feedback (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ZOBI3KING

Look at me, I'm the captain now.

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 02:26 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Okay so I am about to start my first real CE project and I'd like some links or something to good singleplayer map tutorials. Also recommendations for software and stuff I'd need would be great too (like does it matter if I use the newest 3ds Max for modelling or not and stuff like that). I'm not going to be using open sauce for this project as well. On top of that I need feedback for a few things. Since I am too lazy to make a quiz, just respond to these questions.

1. What are gripes that you have with the Halo CE stock tagset, mainly singleplayer gripes?

2. If you could add one gun or gun type to the CE tagset, what would it be and why?

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer?

4. What Halo singleplayer had the best campaign and why?

5. What Halo singleplayer had the best overall level design and why?

6. What Halo singleplayer had the worst overall level design and why?

7. What makes Halo singleplayer fun and engaging gameplay-wise?

8. What is your favorite level in any Halo game and why?

9. What is your least favorite level in any Halo game and why?

10. How would you rebalance the Halo CE tagset or would you leave it untouched?

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 10:45 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
1. What are gripes that you have with the Halo CE stock tagset, mainly singleplayer gripes?
The hunters suck in Halo 1 and the flood faction needs more work on the Ai.

2. If you could add one gun or gun type to the CE tagset, what would it be and why?
Carbine (for the elites) and flamethwrower.

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer? Halo ce = stregths basic Halo and good gamplay weakness Rushed campaign. Halo 2 = stregths better camera work and new additions, weakness rushed campaign, exagerated legendary and removal of heslthbar. Halo 3 stregths open vehicle sections and improvements on the brutes,weapon balance and vehicles, dual wielding wasnt improved at all. Halo ODST good gameplay, short sp. Halo Reach: stregths health bar and more ai, weakness armor habilities and less big vehicle encounters than h3. Halo 4 stregth NONE weaknesses QTE, Cod like gameplay, bad story, ugly OP prometheans, the artstye, short campaign. Halo 5 = worse than halo 4.

Halo 3 because it blended waht i liked of halo ce and h2 and still added new things, the brutes arent retarded on this game and the scarab was better than the h2 counterpart.

5. What Halo singleplayer had the best overall level design and why? Halo 3 just play it

6. What Halo singleplayer had the worst overall level design and why? halo 4 and halo 5 because they feel like any other shooter except HALO

Balance, good Ai and level design.

8. What is your favorite level in any Halo game and why? Covenant (h3), Cortana (h3) , halo (hce) and pillar of atumn(hr) because all these levels are fun to play.

9. What is your least favorite level in any Halo game and why? High Charty (h2) and sacred icon (h2) boring levels.
Every single level of Halo 4 and halo 5 because they feel like COD.

I would rebalance it.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 11:20 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING

Magnum is a bit overpowered, and I hate that the game shows weapons or vehicles that I can't use (Wraith, Energy Sword, Sentinel Beam). Shaders could use some love (although, without OS, I guess you could only up-res the textures)

A marksman rifle (DMR/BR/Carbine). Halo CE needed more weapons for mid-long range combats, especially for the Covenant

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer?

Halo CE is nearly perfect to me, the issue with it is the aforementioned lack of usability for some things that are still present in the game. Halo 2 allowed me to see the war through the eyes of the Covenant, but overall it felt rushed. Halo 3 has a cleaner gameplay and mission design, but the first half of the campaign is completely useless and gives zero impact to the plot. Halo 3 ODST introduced an interesting open-world approach to the campaign, but the locations were too repetitive. Halo Reach was quite challenging, but some armor abilities ruined it (Armor Lock). Halo 4 focused a lot on making each mission unique on its own and making awesome scenarios, but the campaign was too short

Halo CE. It had everything: exploration, solid gameplay, challenging AI, large maps, freedom of choice, interesting plot and nice locations

Halo 3. Maps were quite big, with lots of vehicles, weapons and strategic point scattered around, which allowed the player to choose the best approach

Halo 5. The squad system with immortal Spartans and the Spartan Abilities forced 343i to make each map excessively vertical and closed, with an exagerated amount of enemies and almost inexistent vehicle sections

Challenging AIs and freedom of choice

The Silent Cartographer. It started with an epic introduction, it had a big map that you could explore, interesting encounters and a solid usage of weapons and the warthog

The Library. Too repetitive and frustrating

Magnum is the only weapons that needs to be nerfed. The zoom should be removed only with the introduction of the BR/DMR/Carbine

Edited by SOI_7 on Nov 27, 2016 at 01:06 PM

rudeboy13

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 04:05 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
The super limited weapon selection. And as noted, the pistol is waaaay too powerful for what it's supposed to be: A sidearm. Bungie was fully aware of this and I think they balanced it out the best in H2.

A covenant sniper rifle. There are plenty of spots throughout the campaign where covenant snipers could be used.

Halo 1/CE: Very well-rounded, starts off strong. Then it felt like Bungie got a little lazy in the second half since you're just playing the game in reverse without marines helping you out.

Halo 2: Great for what it is, and it characterizes the covenant really well. Unfortunately Bungie had to work with time constraints and the game got rushed as a result, and it definitely shows once you take a look at what was planned for H2 but didn't make it
(R.I.P Covenant Ship raid, that would have been so cash!)

Halo 3: Excellent pacing and design, does a good job of giving the brutes their own sandbox and tech, and at wrapping things up story-wise. While I do like having the Arbiter backing me up all the time it feels a little unnecessary at times.

Halo 4: Well-balanced but not very memorable at all. The Prometheans weren't fun to fight against at all, and don't even get me started on the writing.

Halo 3. It combines the best of Halo CE and Halo 2 while still being fresh.

Halo 3. Plenty of space to run around in with really satisfying vehicle segments (That hornet assault was awesome) and multiple approaches to make ends meet

Halo 4. It lacks memorability and, again, the Prometheans are frustrating to fight against. A challenging enemy is fun, a frustrating one isn't.

Good AI on all ends. Allies that can are helpful in multiple situations and enemies that will provide a challenge to you.

Truth and Reconciliation. It does a fantastic job at the whole covert operation feeling and if you really don't feel like sniping you can just rush in guns blazing.

The Library. This doesn't really need any further explanation

1 - Making the needler grunts a little more effective instead of lazily firing it twice every second and a half

2 - Giving the Jackals a little more weapon variety.

3 - Making the pistol more like its Halo 2 counterpart.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 06:49 AM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
Also recommendations for software and stuff I'd need would be great too (like does it matter if I use the newest 3ds Max for modelling or not and stuff like that).

In terms of which max to use generally I would consider the amount of technology which comes with the package versus it's stability on your OS versus it's compatibility with Halo ce.

ATM I have:

3dsmax 2017.1: just because of it's new and mostly helpful tools.

3dsmax 2014: My mainstay, I also use it because it has support for exporting stuff to halo.

And a few other versions for non halo related reasons.

Generally it's a good idea to keep up to date in terms of 3d package versions just in case you stumble upon that one model that turns out not to be compatible with what ever version you have installed.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 08:16 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
-
Edited by xnx on Nov 30, 2016 at 08:18 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 1:01 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website