A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »A script to place more than six vehicles on a map.

Author Topic: A script to place more than six vehicles on a map. (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

agustin9594

"Cuando me necesites, despiértame"

Posted: Dec 10, 2016 12:58 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hello, first of all thanks for reading, I am very interested in creating custom maps and I am slowly learning. My question is if anyone could please teach me how to create a script to put more than 6 types of vehicles on a map.
Again, I thank you and apologize for my very basic English. If my topic is misplaced please correct me, I have no intention of infringing the rules of the forum. A greeting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Topic solved------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by agustin9594 on Dec 11, 2016 at 02:24 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 10, 2016 05:03 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
A quick google search gave me this: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=19829

Quote: --- Original message by: kai5888
for scripting in more than 6 vehicle types.... i think... you must name all the vehicles in saphien then in the script put:

(script startup vehicles
(object_create_anew <vehicle name>)
)

and you do that for every vehicle... (that is not one of the types in globals...)

eventually it will look like this:
example:
(script startup vehicles
(object_create_anew mw1)
(object_create_anew mw2)
(object_create_anew mw3)
(object_create_anew mw4)
(object_create_anew mw5)
(object_create_anew ls1)
(object_create_anew ls2)
(object_create_anew s1)
(object_create_anew j1)
(object_create_anew j2)
)

save that as a .hsc file and make a new folder called scripts in C://program files/microsoft games/halo custom edition/data/levels/mapname

then put the script in the script folder you just made... then go back in saphien and "file" "compile scripts"C

Basically add the vehicle type as you would normally with Sapien.
Then add the vehicle into your map.
Name each of your vehicles a name. (e.g. warthog1, warthog2, ghost1, etc.)
Open up notepad as administrator.
Copy paste this script:
(script startup vehicles
)

and replace <vehicle name> with each of the names you gave your own vehicles.
Using the example:
(script startup vehicles
(object_create_anew warthog1)
(object_create_anew warthog2)
(object_create_anew ghost1)
)

Save it as your map name or just script but make sure it has the .hsc at the end. (e.g. script.hsc)
Put this file in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\*your map name here*\scripts, make a new scripts folder if you have to
Go back into Sapien and compile your script.
If it works, save the .scenario and compile your map to see if it worked.

E: It's been over a year since I've done this so don't be afraid to shout out if it doesn't work.
Edited by Spartan314 on Dec 10, 2016 at 05:04 AM

agustin9594

Posted: Dec 10, 2016 05:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

A quick google search gave me this: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=19829

Quote: --- Original message by: kai5888
for scripting in more than 6 vehicle types.... i think... you must name all the vehicles in saphien then in the script put:

(script startup vehicles
)

and you do that for every vehicle... (that is not one of the types in globals...)

eventually it will look like this:
example:
(script startup vehicles
(object_create_anew mw1)
(object_create_anew mw2)
(object_create_anew mw3)
(object_create_anew mw4)
(object_create_anew mw5)
(object_create_anew ls1)
(object_create_anew ls2)
(object_create_anew s1)
(object_create_anew j1)
(object_create_anew j2)
)

save that as a .hsc file and make a new folder called scripts in C://program files/microsoft games/halo custom edition/data/levels/mapname

then put the script in the script folder you just made... then go back in saphien and "file" "compile scripts"C

Basically add the vehicle type as you would normally with Sapien.
Then add the vehicle into your map.
Name each of your vehicles a name. (e.g. warthog1, warthog2, ghost1, etc.)
Open up notepad as administrator.
Copy paste this script:
(script startup vehicles
)

and replace <vehicle name> with each of the names you gave your own vehicles.
Using the example:
(script startup vehicles
(object_create_anew warthog1)
(object_create_anew warthog2)
(object_create_anew ghost1)
)

Save it as your map name or just script but make sure it has the .hsc at the end. (e.g. script.hsc)
Put this file in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\*your map name here*\scripts, make a new scripts folder if you have to
Go back into Sapien and compile your script.
If it works, save the .scenario and compile your map to see if it worked.

E: It's been over a year since I've done this so don't be afraid to shout out if it doesn't work.
Edited by Spartan314 on Dec 10, 2016 at 05:04 AM

Thank you very much for replying, I tried to do what you told me but when I tried to add the script, sapien tells me that the script was added successfully, when in reality I would have to say that scripts were added, or so I understand. The point is that the vehicles still do not appear and I think it is for this detail with the scripts, I would like to know how to solve this inconvenience.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 08:55 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       

Kal_El

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 10:27 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
make sure after you compile your scripts in Sapien; then you need to use "Tool" or "Toolpro" to "compile" your new map with the proper scripts.

agustin9594

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 02:20 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
My voice is literally gay.

Thank you very much for the tutorial, it was very useful and I am pleased to inform you that it served me. Greetings and I hope you find them again by this forum. Topic solved.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 08:03 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: agustin9594
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
My voice is literally gay.

Thank you very much for the tutorial, it was very useful and I am pleased to inform you that it served me. Greetings and I hope you find them again by this forum. Topic solved.

Wah?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:12 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website