A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Free Stuff

Author Topic: Free Stuff (16 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 02:24 AM    Msg. 1 of 16       
Hey guys long time no see.

I put my old models up for download, weapons, scenery, BSP'.

They will need work, I deleted all the nodes required for Halo. I deleted all the skybox geometry as well, I didn't upload thinking about Halo CE, sorry. Easy peasy stuff to fix though. I didn't release some textures because they were ripped. I'll probably give em a quick skin though soon, once I get all the old animations together as well I'll be releasing those too.

You can download them all here.
http://www.littleraingames.com/concrete5.7.5.9/index.php/downl/assets/overdose-weapon-pack
Edited by malolo420 on Dec 14, 2016 at 02:27 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 04:14 PM    Msg. 2 of 16       
Huh, that's a name I never expected to see again.

You have no idea who I am most likely, but I was once good friends with an Andrew_b who seemed to know you well.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 04:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 16       
I remember seeing you around, yeah what happened to Andrew. Haven't talked to him in like 9 or so years.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 04:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 16       
www.opencarnge.net

He has an account there, doesn't stay active but I heard from him a few months ago.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 01:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 16       
Tell him I said hi if you talk to him again.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 02:45 PM    Msg. 6 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
Tell him I said hi if you talk to him again.

Just sent him a PM. Not sure if he'll see it.

Curious, that map of yours, upskirt. The geometry isn't quite the same as the actual H2 SBSP, you've added a lot of the objects that were either scenery items or "instance geometry".

Yours
BSP rip

Upskirt is a ripped BSP that you then modified, correct? Too much of it is near perfect for it to be based off a reference. Or did you compile with a hacked tool to ignore the open edge errors?
Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 18, 2016 at 02:47 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 10:50 AM    Msg. 7 of 16       
Ummmm....."upskirt"?

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 08:16 PM    Msg. 8 of 16       
I modeled upskirts from scratch. I was on my xbox looking at it as I went.
That's why there is only the first part.

Edited by malolo420 on Dec 19, 2016 at 08:17 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 10:31 PM    Msg. 9 of 16       

I modeled upskirts from scratch. I was on my xbox looking at it as I went.
That's why there is only the first part.

Edited by malolo420 on Dec 19, 2016 at 08:17 PM

Wow, well done.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 01:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 16       
Hell of a name.....

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 04:49 AM    Msg. 11 of 16       
Make DMT great again.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 01:12 AM    Msg. 12 of 16       
I think its a good name haha.

DMT will always be great, just not the mapping team! haha

I was going to do one last map a while back, but HEK wasn't able to run properly on my new computer.

And too be honest, even if I could, Unity is so easy to make content, and you can do it so much quicker, and make it look so much better with ease. Even networking for a simple FPS, with basic shooting you could implement within a few hours, networking for a survival game is proving difficult, but you guys should give it a try some day. I never realized how much of a bitch blam! is to make content. It is nice to see the community still alive though.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 10:10 AM    Msg. 13 of 16       
Inb4: Unity Vs. Unreal debate.

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 02:06 PM    Msg. 14 of 16       
And too be honest, even if I could, Unity is so easy to make content, and you can do it so much quicker, and make it look so much better with ease. Even networking for a simple FPS, with basic shooting you could implement within a few hours, networking for a survival game is proving difficult, but you guys should give it a try some day. I never realized how much of a bitch blam! is to make content. It is nice to see the community still alive though.

Unreal has a FPS template already made for you with basic movement, firing and controls as well as a TPS, TDS and Vehicle templates. Content looks much better in Unity because it has less control and features. In Unreal, It has something called Blueprints which can give you very pricise control over your textures and materials. Unity doesn't have that by default, you have to buy a 3rd party one off the Marketplace. Not saying Unity sucks, just not quite on the level of Unreal.
Edited by Grand Admiral Alex on Dec 24, 2016 at 02:08 PM

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 01:09 AM    Msg. 15 of 16       
Unreal also has C++, which is a little bit harder to learn than C#. If you know C++, its way easier to code and less time consuming then blueprints, I would never use blueprints for the structure of the game, would take for ever! I do have to admit though Unreal seems to have better reflections, although the comparison videos I've watched the guy might not have set up reflection probes correctly. Also the rate that Unity is evolving and getting better is pretty crazy. I got it when they just released 5.0, and were at 5.5 now. The amount of stuff they added since the start is nuts.

I personally like Unity better because C# makes everything easier.
The learning curve was really fast, I only started my project, maybe a year ago, and it was the first time I ever started using Unity. The previous experience from modding was a big help though, and I knew a bit of visual basic, and C++ as well, that definitely helped.
Although I am finding out how much I hate UNet(Unity's networking), which it isn't bad for arena shooters actually, but for survival games, I'm really not having fun with it.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Jan 15, 2017 02:01 AM    Msg. 16 of 16       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Make DMT great again.
do it on the 2s and 3s my friend

I think its a good name haha.

DMT will always be great, just not the mapping team! haha
this made me puke all over myself please do not repeat my mistake
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Jan 17, 2017 at 05:27 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 26, 2017 9:24 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website