A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Mozzarilla is getting close to release. If you want to help here's how

Author Topic: Mozzarilla is getting close to release. If you want to help here's how (31 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 12:01 AM    Msg. 1 of 31       
First a little update on the current state of Mozzarilla.

I've implemented most of the rest of the widgets that Mozzarilla will need. Main things that are left are implementing the BooleanFrame and UnionFrame. There are still a lot of things that aren't implemented that need to be, but it's about ready for testing to start.

As you can see, the source data for the compiled scripts can be viewed in scenario tags. This will NOT allow you to compile scripts though. There are two forms of script data in the scenario tag: the script source(what you can see in the above picture) and the compiled bytecode that the game actually uses(all i can do right now is export and import it). Even though you can't edit or compile the scripts in guerilla yet, this will still allow you to salvage them from tags if you accidentally delete a source file(comments and all). These source files are pruned from the tag when it's compiled into a map though, so keep that in mind.

Anyway, on to how you guys can help.

Once I release this for beta testing in a few weeks I'm going to allow you guys to contribute to this project and get your name in the credits. Basically there are a LOT of comments and tooltips in guerilla that I haven't copied over, and they need to be. I will handle putting them into the definitions, but I'll need help collecting all of them. If you want to help you can by following these instructions:

1: Pick a single tag type(bitmap, weapon, vehicle, etc) and make a post here saying that you're going to type up its comments/tooltips. Check the list below and if someone is already assigned to the task(or someone made a comment saying they're going to and you don't suspect they're trolling) then pick another one. Some tags have been removed from the list because I'll be doing them myself. ONLY ONE TAG TYPE PER PERSON AT A TIME.
2: Open guerilla, make a new tag of that type, and open notepad.
3: For each field that has a comment, type the name of the field and then full text of the comment. For tooltips you'll need to do the same thing.
4: Post your comment file on pastebin or something and PM me with it. I'll mark the tag off the list.

For clarification, comments are the slightly sunken boxes that have a chunk of text in it that gives some information on part of the tag(like you see in the gametype header in the above picture) and tooltips are the messages that appear when you hover over something for about 2 seconds.

IMPORTANT:
Certain tags have structures that are shared among other tags, like the radiosity settings in every shader. To cut down on work, there's a few things you should skip commenting.
For the biped tag, only copy stuff below the $$$ BIPED $$$ comment.
For the vehicle tag, only copy stuff below the $$$ VEHICLE $$$ comment.
For the equipment tag, only copy stuff below the $$$ ITEM $$$ comment.
For the projectile tag, only copy stuff below the $$$ PROJECTILE $$$ comment.
For ALL OF THE SHADERS, only copy stuff below the physics properties comment.
For ALL OF THE DEVICES, only copy stuff below the $$$ DEVICE $$$ comment.

If you know something about a field that isn't told in a comment or tooltip(or a comment or tooltip is incorrect) feel free to include your own comments. I will be reading every one of them at some point so you're not likely to get stupid crap past me.

Here's who is currently working on which tag:

actor ------------------------------------
actor_variant ----------------------------
antenna ----------------------------------
biped ------------------------------------
bitmap -----------------------------------
camera_track -----------------------------
color_table ------------------------------
continuous_damage_effect -----------------
contrail ---------------------------------
damage_effect ----------------------------
decal ------------------------------------
detail_object_collection -----------------
device_control ---------------------------
device_light_fixture ---------------------
device_machine ---------------------------
dialogue ---------------------------------
effect -----------------------------------
effect_postprocess -----------------------
effect_postprocess_collection ------------
effect_postprocess_generic ---------------
equipment --------------------------------
flag -------------------------------------
fog --------------------------------------
font -------------------------------------
gbxmodel ---------------------------------
globals ---------------------------------- The Master
glow -------------------------------------
grenade_hud_interface -------------------- Jesse
hud_globals ------------------------------
hud_message_text -------------------------
hud_number -------------------------------
input_device_defaults --------------------
item_collection --------------------------
lens_flare -------------------------------
light ------------------------------------
light_volume -----------------------------
lightning --------------------------------
material_effects -------------------------
meter ------------------------------------
model_animations -------------------------
model_collision_geometry -----------------
multilingual_unicode_string_list ---------
multiplayer_scenario_description ---------
particle ---------------------------------
particle_system --------------------------
physics ----------------------------------
point_physics ----------------------------
preferences_network_game -----------------
project_yellow ---------------------------
project_yellow_globals -------------------
project_yellow_globals_cv ----------------
projectile -------------------------------
scenario ---------------------------------
scenario_structure_bsp -------------------
shader_environment -----------------------
shader_model -----------------------------
shader_postprocess -----------------------
shader_postprocess_generic ---------------
shader_postprocess_globals ---------------
shader_transparent_chicago ---------------
shader_transparent_chicago_extended ------
shader_transparent_generic ---------------
shader_transparent_glass -----------------
shader_transparent_meter -----------------
shader_transparent_plasma ----------------
shader_transparent_water -----------------
sky --------------------------------------
sound ------------------------------------
sound_environment ------------------------
sound_looping ----------------------------
string_id_yelo ---------------------------
string_list ------------------------------
tag_collection ---------------------------
tag_database -----------------------------
text_value_pair_definition ---------------
ui_widget_collection ---------------------
ui_widget_definition ---------------------
unicode_string_list ----------------------
unit_hud_interface ----------------------- Jesse
vehicle ----------------------------------
virtual_keyboard -------------------------
weapon ----------------------------------- R93_Sniper
weapon_hud_interface --------------------- Jesse
weather_particle_system ------------------
wind -------------------------------------

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 15, 2016 at 09:54 PM

ScarFOx

I'm a Ghost I was never here.... -Scott 2018

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 02:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 31       
Looks Great

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 03:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 31       
Ill head up the .weapon tag. Do you also want a secondary explaination for each field? A lot of guerilla's info can be wrong.

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 04:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 31       
I'll pick the globals, messed too much with that kind of stuff back in my day

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 05:18 PM    Msg. 5 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
back in my day

Bruh, you never had a "day".

So stop trying it.

The Master

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 05:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
back in my day

Bruh, you never had a "day".

So stop trying it.
stfu your stuffs suck more than johnlex's

And yes, I was very active once, then stopped cuz "meh"

MatthewDratt

Support Higuy https://t.co/9mIC7v3J5j

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 06:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 31       
Does this program only work on Windows 98?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 06:45 PM    Msg. 8 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Does this program only work on Windows 98?

Har dee har har. It actually looks pretty good on windows 10, though i'll need to modify the enumerator widget cause the height of the rollouts is 2 pixels taller per entry on win 10.

Also to sniper, yeah, add anything you know about that can help and fix any errors you know about. Basically write what actually helpful things you wish it said.

EDIT: just to be clear, this is a python program. That means just like with java, if you can install and run python, you can run this program. That means you can run this on mac os, linux, and windows. Its als open source and doesnt require compiling changes, so its easy to edit if you can learn to write python.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 15, 2016 at 07:00 PM

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 07:54 AM    Msg. 9 of 31       
How are performance? I usually had bad moments with Python applications, though blender works fine.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 10:04 AM    Msg. 10 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
How are performance? I usually had bad moments with Python applications, though blender works fine.

Wuh?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 02:35 PM    Msg. 11 of 31       
Pretty sure he's referring to how python is slow and people can write really unoptimized programs easily. But dont worry about that here. The parsing/serializing library i wrote to handle opening, editing, making, and writing binary data is very solid and i built it from the ground up with minimizing memory overhead as a top priority. But because this IS python, there's always some overhead i wont be able to get around. The largest memory overhead is actually building the structure definitions in memory, which takes up around 20Mb on a 32bit system for all halo 1's tags. Add a couple megs for open sauce ones.

The editor itself is fairly optimized as well. I just thought of a way to optimize reloading the enumerator widget when i was waking up today. There's going to be more optimizations down the line, but even as it is right now the editor runs nicely. It can open more tags than guerilla before guerilla cant open any more. Tags take up from 1 to 5 times their size in ram when loaded, with tags taking up less when they're mostly raw data(bitmaps, sounds, etc) and more when they're full of individual fields(scenario, structure bsp, gbxmodel, etc). Also, the more individual fields, the longer it'll take to load and save. CMT spv3 bsps can take over a minute for ME to load, but your mileage will vary(especially since my pc is crap). Most tags take me about a second to load and display though, so it should be pretty comparable to guerilla.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 16, 2016 at 11:20 PM

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 09:38 PM    Msg. 12 of 31       
Where did you learn to code?

Are you good with networking?

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 11:56 AM    Msg. 13 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

-Ramblings of the worlds first smart ai-

This may have been covered before if it has then pardon me but will there be any scaling issues for wide screen monitors?

Particularly with the dialogue boxes.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 03:15 PM    Msg. 14 of 31       
Idk what you're talking about honestly. My resolution is 1440x900, so i guess you could say mine is widescreen(i dont have any problems. Also, the tag windows dynamically change size depending on their content at any point. There are config settings for controlling this as well. If you need the window to be a certain size, you can disable auto resizing. If its not wide enough to display everything, you can scroll sideways with a hotkey. The hotkey is CURRENTLY set to shift+mousewheel, but you can change all the hotkeys.

Also malolo, I am entirely self taught. Necessity is the mother of all inventions, and because I needed to batch modify scex tags into schi I took a look into python. Before that I had been scripting for a few years, writing stuff like this gun system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrk7jG6r_JM&fmt=18

I have no experience with networking, but why do you ask?
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 17, 2016 at 04:04 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 03:38 PM    Msg. 15 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Idk what you're talking aboutt honestly. My resolution is 1440x900, so i guess you could say mine is widescreen(i dont have any problems. Also, the tag windows dynamically change size depending on their content at any point. There are config settings for controlling this as well. If you need the window to be a certain size, you can disable auto resizing. If its not wide enough to display everything, you can scroll sideways with a hotkey. The hotkey is CURRENTLY set to shift+mousewheel, but you can change all the hotkeys.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but guerillas dialogue boxes screw up when I plug into a friends 16:10 ratio monitor...I don't know why...but certain tag windows in particular become near indecipherable.

Though I've just discovered that this issue occurs with Msword and other applications so it maybe hardware related.

But those config settings you just mentioned seem super useful, can't wait for release and more.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 04:06 AM    Msg. 16 of 31       
Testing is currently going on. I have about 6 testers checking for bugs and recommending things. Hopefully I'll be able to declare it publicly testable before new years like I'm aiming for. As it is right now there are too many changes being made and too many significant bugs to really let a large number of people test.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 18, 2016 at 04:06 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 04:21 AM    Msg. 17 of 31       
Bump.

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 08:21 PM    Msg. 18 of 31       
Cool :)

bandinada5

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 08:52 PM    Msg. 19 of 31       
lol i was thinking, you posted about cheese stuff :v . but nvm, look's good

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 12:25 AM    Msg. 20 of 31       
So for anyone who is on the fence about this, I have been using it over the past few days and it's a must have upgrade for anyone who spends most of their time in guerilla. So far, the biggest feature I have been using has been creating fragments of tags that I can inject into other ones.

For example, I was working on a burst feature for a new weapon, I can just port on over a section of our BR tag and have everything set up where I only have to modify one value. Or even more important, being able to set up different classes of material IDs. Want your projectile to reflect off several surfaces, import a material ID field with your pre set properties with a single click to a certain material ID, or batch import the settings from another weapon! This is amazing for particles, as you can just add a bubbles.effect.particle to any effect tag that you want your bubbles to be applied to, as opposed to opening up 2 tags side by side and manually copy and pasting numbers over.

There is really a lot of cool stuff you can do with it. You could even preset certain sets of tags for your scenery, and have something that auto adds all your covenant or UNSC scenery to your palette. There are other features I have yet to even use, such as checking dependancies but this can make your tag releases so much cleaner.

All in all, this can greatly increase your workflow and opens some interesting new ways to do things, which in the past may have been to tedious to do all the time.

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 04:36 AM    Msg. 21 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
So for anyone who is on the fence about this, I have been using it over the past few days and it's a must have upgrade for anyone who spends most of their time in guerilla. So far, the biggest feature I have been using has been creating fragments of tags that I can inject into other ones.

For example, I was working on a burst feature for a new weapon, I can just port on over a section of our BR tag and have everything set up where I only have to modify one value. Or even more important, being able to set up different classes of material IDs. Want your projectile to reflect off several surfaces, import a material ID field with your pre set properties with a single click to a certain material ID, or batch import the settings from another weapon! This is amazing for particles, as you can just add a bubbles.effect.particle to any effect tag that you want your bubbles to be applied to, as opposed to opening up 2 tags side by side and manually copy and pasting numbers over.

There is really a lot of cool stuff you can do with it. You could even preset certain sets of tags for your scenery, and have something that auto adds all your covenant or UNSC scenery to your palette. There are other features I have yet to even use, such as checking dependancies but this can make your tag releases so much cleaner.

All in all, this can greatly increase your workflow and opens some interesting new ways to do things, which in the past may have been to tedious to do all the time.
this sounds epic
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 20, 2016 at 04:36 AM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 02:13 PM    Msg. 22 of 31       
I can attest to most of what masterz is saying as well. Its pretty much ease of use upgrades to guerilla overall and with a full ui customization option (sizing, layout, colors). It also lets you know what was happening to crash it instead of guerilla's basic log writing, which is infinitely more convenient. I warn you now though, make sure your admin permissions are set if youre a w10 user. Been having issues with that.

Alex

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 02:25 PM    Msg. 23 of 31       
Awesome that this is a good program. Now we need to do some upgrades to Sapien.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 02:30 PM    Msg. 24 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Alex
Awesome that this is a good program. Now we need to do some upgrades to Sapien.

Not everything matters equally, and success isnít a game won by whoever does the most. Yet that is exactly how most play it on a daily basis.

Ergo > One thing at a time.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 08:22 PM    Msg. 25 of 31       
Okay everyone, so I'm aiming for a releasing a public beta on the 25th at 12PM EST(or as close to that as I'll be able to wake up that day). Almost every important feature that it needs to have to be as-useful as guerilla is implemented aside from bitmap and sound previewing. Also, until I get some help collecting organized tooltips and comments for all the fields, those wont be implemented for a while either.

Important things that still need to be implemented are:
routines to recalculate the xx, yy, and zz moments, center of mass, and inertia matricies in the physics tags
routines to recalculate the unknown hidden values at the bottom of the biped tag and other tags I'm not aware of

As far as the "features" go, this is the current state of many of them:
Completed:
Buttons which would allow you hide specific blocks of tags.
Ability to easily create and use templates for tags.
Ability to switch between loading/creating vanilla tags and open sauce tags
Ability to create gametypes as if they were tags
Ability to set where your tags directory is(you can have as many as you want)
Ability to select a certain tag and have all its dependencies be added to a zip folder with it
Tags directory explorer window(can open tags by double clicking or hitting enter)
Dependency viewer(can open tags by double clicking or hitting enter)
Display scripts in Guerilla.(sort of. only displays source files right now,
meaning it doesnt decompile script bytecode into something usable.
This is useless for ripping scripts from tags ripped from maps.)

Incomplete:
(Sorted by decreasing priority)
Undo/redo system
Value search/replace
Ability to move a tag/tags and all tags that reference them are updated

Graph preview for functions.
Ability to add/remove open sauce from tags
Ability to open map to browse it, edit metadata, and rip selected tags
Ability to convert tags from pc to xbox

Bitmap viewer that can be seen right in the shader tag
Edit scripts in Guerilla(will require a buttload of logic and testing things for script compilation, so I'm not sure I'll really do it)
Something wherein you could edit the pivots for an animated texture's rotation
Something that shows links between regions, permutations and BSP data in collision tags

This is what Mozzarilla looks like right now(this is one of the styles that ships with it. Customize it how you like.)

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 22, 2016 at 08:26 PM
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 22, 2016 at 08:27 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 08:46 PM    Msg. 26 of 31       
Christmas present
I like it

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 10:32 PM    Msg. 27 of 31       
To top that off, I've been asked to show what the program looks like in not-windows-xp so you guys know that it actually works.

This is just the default setup, but the program works pretty intuitively, and the sidebar makes managing your tags pretty easy. Plus, being able to zip up all your files across directories makes figuring out your dependancies so much easier <3

Alex

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 08:14 AM    Msg. 28 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
To top that off, I've been asked to show what the program looks like in not-windows-xp so you guys know that it actually works.

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/18/86/73/49/mozz_w11.png

This is just the default setup, but the program works pretty intuitively, and the sidebar makes managing your tags pretty easy. Plus, being able to zip up all your files across directories makes figuring out your dependancies so much easier <3

Image doesn't load.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 04:59 PM    Msg. 29 of 31       
It does for me

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 07:07 PM    Msg. 30 of 31       
Does for me too.

The Master

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 07:56 PM    Msg. 31 of 31       
me too thanks

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon August 21, 2017 1:50 PM 750 ms.
A Halo Maps Website