A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »So those sound files I asked about a while ago...

Author Topic: So those sound files I asked about a while ago... (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I'm a sexy alt. account- Halo Maps Community 2017.

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 01:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 22       
So I just read that turret sounds were ripped but nobody was ever told about them until people mentioned them so I was just wondering if this is the same for the Halo 3 SMG fire sounds?

Anyone finally manage to rip the Halo 3 SMG weapon fire.sound or a fixed Halo 3 sentinel beam yet?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 15, 2016 at 01:08 AM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 15, 2016 at 01:09 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 05:17 PM    Msg. 2 of 22       
You imply that there is enough activity to warrant such care.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 05:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 22       
No because it seems that requests or help that is fulfilled by some, forget to post about it sometimes. E.g. others mentioning they forgot to post or upload that they fixed something after the person who made the request for help makes a new post asking for help on the same thing, the 'helper' would reply with "oh I did this and forgot to upload it" or something along the lines of that.

I'm just wondering if this is the same case.

I still cannot believe after all these years of the 'Halo 3 themed' mods, not a single person could rip the actual Halo 3 SMG fire.sound.

I've been asking for almost a year, surely ripping a simple weapon sound tag isn't so tedious considering the other massive things people have ripped already...

I guess nobody actually played Halo 3 to notice that the sound is from Halo 2's SMG?

(Flanker, I hope your not replying just to be an ass... I've seen enough forum posts on Waypoint and abroad to notice where this is going...)
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 15, 2016 at 05:44 PM

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 12:23 AM    Msg. 4 of 22       
ARE YOU ASKING THIS AGAIN?!

Listen, I am going to teach you an important life lesson:
If no one does it for you, or what others do for you is not satisfying you, then you have to do it yourself.

I already gave you the sound before, but you failed to listen to simple instructions on how to use it. Why would I give it again...

Also, if it is so easy, then why don't you do it?

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 10:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

Listen, I am going to teach you an important life lesson:
If no one does it for you, or what others do for you is not satisfying you, then you have to do it yourself.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 07:12 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
how do i sound in ce pls I came from eckbox

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 08:43 AM    Msg. 7 of 22       
you know you can rip them, so go do it!.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 10:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 22       
Oh jeez... You guys make it like I've just been sitting here for almost a year waiting on somebody to 'do the work for me'. I'm simply just asking if anyone got around to beating me to it since I discovered people tend to forget things.

You guys need to chill out (no map pun intended). Besides, I've tried many methods as noted earlier in the year.

1. I failed at 'ripping' (stealing). I also don't have a Halo 3 disc or program in order to do it.

2. I've used other people's assets and tried to work with them and failed. (Kudos to them for the help though but sorry I failed).

3. I've failed to use sound converters for the more tedious method.

4. More recently someone gave me a fire sound file on this site but I couldn't get them to work. I got it working when you fire but it doesn't happen with every trigger pull.

Some said they would help so this is why I asked, so you guys need to relax and back off...

Whilst I've made progress you guys are just sitting here complaining. I don't see any of you trying to make a proper Halo 3 SMG. So don't tell me I'm useless. Maybe you could help instead of bicker?

If your interested in actually helping, so far, when I fire the SMG you can hear the correct sound but if you stop shooting and pull the trigger again (without reloading in between) the sound will not play again until you empty the clip and reload. So can anyone else figure this out? Or better yet, use Zteam's Halo 3 SMG and create a Halo 3 fire.sound better than me?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 17, 2016 at 10:52 PM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 17, 2016 at 10:55 PM

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 04:36 AM    Msg. 9 of 22       
You act as if what's essentially the sound effect of a stapler will make or break your experience, I honestly think you need to reevaluate who needs to chill out.

Quote: You guys make it like I've just been sitting here for almost a year waiting on somebody to 'do the work for me'. I'm simply just asking if anyone got around to beating me to it since I discovered people tend to forget things.

This clearly isn't what you are asking for, it's pretty clear you want someone to do it for you.

Quote: I failed at 'ripping' (stealing). I also don't have a Halo 3 disc or program in order to do it.

You don't need a disk, and everything else is so painfully easy just you writing this is actually just embarrassing.

http://haloce3.com/xmf/

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45590

Quote: Whilst I've made progress you guys are just sitting here complaining. I don't see any of you trying to make a proper Halo 3 SMG.

Again, you act as if anyone of us particularly care.

Quote: So can anyone else figure this out? Or better yet, use Zteam's Halo 3 SMG and create a Halo 3 fire.sound better than me?

And bingo. Here's the part where you literally contradict this:

Quote: You guys make it like I've just been sitting here for almost a year waiting on somebody to 'do the work for me'.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 06:20 AM    Msg. 10 of 22       
Well tbh sean did you you magically figure out adjutant or did someone have to hold your hand and walk you through the basics.

I'm guessing the latter...

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 02:39 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Well tbh sean did you you magically figure out adjutant or did someone have to hold your hand and walk you through the basics.

There's a help section in Adjutant, so there's honestly no excuse for "not being able to do it" oops.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 02:29 AM    Msg. 12 of 22       
Mega, you don't understand my intentions. I'm not being hostile or negatively 'gang' replying. So far almost every response here is a salty one. Usually people get helpful responses whereas so far all I'm reading is salt.

I've been working on this for almost a year and have failed a million times. I wouldn't still be working on it now or bothering to bring it up like I have. I've already been offered help previously and there is no word so far on that. On the other hand, obviously where you fail to comprehend, of course, if someone else does a proper Halo 3 SMG then I will obviously stop work on mine because unlike this community making duplicate mods of duplicates, I don't see a point in 100 people uploading 100 versions of the same thing.

Plus, if it was such an easy task smartass, why the hell haven't you or anyone else in this community tried helping me make one hmmmm? All I need is a proper sound tag. I've gotten this far so sorry to disappoint you. So ill ask again, can someone who is actually helpful and knows how to obtain the correct fire.sound tag can you share one or at least make a video tutorial of how you got the tag if sharing will kill you?

But if it helps you sleep at night to be rude to me by all means post away. This community is dying and you remnants aren't doing a great job to entice new comers to keep this sinking ship alive...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 02:32 AM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 03:42 AM    Msg. 13 of 22       
I'm glad that Halomaps continues to be the worlds #1 comedy based online forum.

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 07:14 AM    Msg. 14 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

Mega, you don't understand my intentions. I'm not being hostile or negatively 'gang' replying. So far almost every response here is a salty one. Usually people get helpful responses whereas so far all I'm reading is salt.

I've been working on this for almost a year and have failed a million times. I wouldn't still be working on it now or bothering to bring it up like I have. I've already been offered help previously and there is no word so far on that. On the other hand, obviously where you fail to comprehend, of course, if someone else does a proper Halo 3 SMG then I will obviously stop work on mine because unlike this community making duplicate mods of duplicates, I don't see a point in 100 people uploading 100 versions of the same thing.

Plus, if it was such an easy task smartass, why the hell haven't you or anyone else in this community tried helping me make one hmmmm? All I need is a proper sound tag. I've gotten this far so sorry to disappoint you. So ill ask again, can someone who is actually helpful and knows how to obtain the correct fire.sound tag can you share one or at least make a video tutorial of how you got the tag if sharing will kill you?

But if it helps you sleep at night to be rude to me by all means post away. This community is dying and you remnants aren't doing a great job to entice new comers to keep this sinking ship alive...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 02:32 AM
see this map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaqgBcycVs with imported sounds,

now you ask for someone to do it for you?.

now have you looked at some the old halo 3 maps?.
now take a look at this map [h3_Valhalla , you will find what your looking for, and the name of the map is missing ] at the h3
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:16 AM
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:17 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 11:09 AM    Msg. 15 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

There's a help section in Adjutant, so there's honestly no excuse for "not being able to do it" oops.

Oh I I forgot about that....

Oops?

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 07:25 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Doom,

The H3 SMG on that Valhalla map inspired me to make a proper one. I congratulate the person who didn't use the H2 SMG sfx like the other 95% of Halo 3 SMGs.

The sound is 95% fine in my books but because of my OCD reasons, without the loop it just doesn't sound 100%.

I would of ripped everyone's mods and used it for my own personal use by now but I respect other's creations, so salty people keep this in mind if this is why you people are so mad at me.

Does anyone know why I'm having this loop issue? I made it so far, the proper sound is in but it just wont play with every trigger pull!

If I could please have your anger aside guys, can anyone tell me why the sound plays with the first trigger pull, once per mag and does not play again if you fire again until you reload a new magazine? The sound is meant to play every time you fire!

For those who have probably never played another Halo apart from CE on your PCs this is what every SMG sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghifSWfaQos
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:26 PM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:28 PM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:30 PM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 19, 2016 at 07:37 PM

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 08:46 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       

Doom,

The H3 SMG on that Valhalla map inspired me to make a proper one. I congratulate the person who didn't use the H2 SMG sfx like the other 95% of Halo 3 SMGs.

The sound is 95% fine in my books but because of my OCD reasons, without the loop it just doesn't sound 100%.

I would of ripped everyone's mods and used it for my own personal use by now but I respect other's creations, so salty people keep this in mind if this is why you people are so mad at me.

Does anyone know why I'm having this loop issue? I made it so far, the proper sound is in but it just wont play with every trigger pull!

If I could please have your anger aside guys, can anyone tell me why the sound plays with the first trigger pull, once per mag and does not play again if you fire again until you reload a new magazine? The sound is meant to play every time you fire!

For those who have probably never played another Halo apart from CE on your PCs this is what every SMG sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghifSWfaQos

um that's about the best your going to get, do to the sound being a loop,
at lest what I tried didn't work.

so what format did you put the sound in?.

and were not mad it's just, you been here for a year no? so, most even me, would think you would know how to do this, but then I would be forgetting my 1st year,
and then what we mean like in that video I showed you my 2nd mod has some imported sounds
form halo reach.

o and, what we mean is rip them form halo 3, I just put that map out there, because I didn't know, if you seen it

what ever happen to tho's halo 3 and odst maps at halo ce3?
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 19, 2016 at 08:48 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 09:43 PM    Msg. 18 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Doom,

um that's about the best your going to get, do to the sound being a loop,
at lest what I tried didn't work.

so what format did you put the sound in?.

and were not mad it's just, you been here for a year no? so, most even me, would think you would know how to do this, but then I would be forgetting my 1st year,
and then what we mean like in that video I showed you my 2nd mod has some imported sounds
form halo reach.

o and, what we mean is rip them form halo 3, I just put that map out there, because I didn't know, if you seen it

what ever happen to tho's halo 3 and odst maps at halo ce3?
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 19, 2016 at 08:48 PM

Sorry about that. I suck at everything but sapien, guerilla and texture design. A while ago I asked about the SMG and various people provided me with sound tags and I tried to put them together with Zteam's Halo 3 SMG.

I don't know how to convert sounds nor rip them. Funny enough, if I follow tutorials I get 90% through it and then hit an unknown error that google, forums or anyone has ever heard of before. (Took me 5yrs to set up HEK hence why I've just started this year- long funny story).

I can't really explain... Would it be better if I send you (upload?) the loop file I received and you can look at it and see if it is even correct? I made the loop link to the weapon tag's function area and it doesn't play properly. Wait... Better question, how do you properly set up the sound.loop? Maybe I did that wrong.

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 08:51 AM    Msg. 19 of 22       
you may find this funny but.. did you look in zteam's tag set for that loop?

2nd if your been doing, all this work for so long, is it OS or normal?

and take a look in that h3_Valhalla map I put up, it may help you find out, how they did it.

and 3rd ill help to the best I can, even I didn't take that to know HEK long I mean 5 years is a lot, not that 2 years is a lot, just life get's in the way no?
Edited by DOOM899 on Dec 21, 2016 at 08:53 AM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 05:58 PM    Msg. 20 of 22       
I did. At least in every Halo 3 SMG folder. I'll check again if it is there but in another folder. If its not there I'd still be lost for words, did they forget just that 1 sound? That's crazy right?

I've always been using normal. I never went to OS (only tried it once on another computer just to play CMT). I'll check out that Valhalla map and examine how that SMG is set up compared to mine. Fingers crossed I find a mistake in mine that will fix it. I hate hitting brick walls.

Life does get in the way. Xbox and I was never that devoted and gave up easily then, but the last two years was because of university. You know how it is. I also had a bunch of random unknown errors nobody heard of. Ever since I got it working, I've been modifying single player in sapien and making lore-friendly mods. I also just recently restored the Jackal Major and it looks like it should of on PC (xbox copy back in the day had better shaders). I really want to upload a picture and show it off...

DOOM899

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 07:43 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
I did. At least in every Halo 3 SMG folder. I'll check again if it is there but in another folder. If its not there I'd still be lost for words, did they forget just that 1 sound? That's crazy right?

I've always been using normal. I never went to OS (only tried it once on another computer just to play CMT). I'll check out that Valhalla map and examine how that SMG is set up compared to mine. Fingers crossed I find a mistake in mine that will fix it. I hate hitting brick walls.

Life does get in the way. Xbox and I was never that devoted and gave up easily then, but the last two years was because of university. You know how it is. I also had a bunch of random unknown errors nobody heard of. Ever since I got it working, I've been modifying single player in sapien and making lore-friendly mods. I also just recently restored the Jackal Major and it looks like it should of on PC (xbox copy back in the day had better shaders). I really want to upload a picture and show it off...
well it's in the sounds file called in SMG the halo 3 one, and it's called fire loop.

well if you're going for the halo 3 look a like, OS is the way to go, but you'll see that, wean my mod's done

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 06:20 PM    Msg. 22 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

well it's in the sounds file called in SMG the halo 3 one, and it's called fire loop.

well if you're going for the halo 3 look a like, OS is the way to go, but you'll see that, wean my mod's done

Appreciate the support Doom.

I encountered a strange issue... Zteam's H3 SMG does in fact have the correct files BUT despite the set up of the weapon being complete (no errors) when firing the gun all you hear is the fire.sound but the actual loop doesn't play. My next and final question is...

Where does the sound.loop etc link in? Do I have to alter the fire.effect tag or something? It needs to be linked somewhere but I just don't know where... I feel I'm even closer to solving this almost year long annoyance...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri April 28, 2017 12:28 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website