A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016?

Author Topic: Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016? (31 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MatthewDratt

The Unashamed White Straight Progressive Male

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 12:06 AM    Msg. 1 of 31       
Time to vote! What were the best maps of 2016?
https://goo.gl/forms/6dHPg7eyCSSM2pap2

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 12:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 31       
Hmmm for me it's a toss up between soi7 and nicky5000.

On the one hand ff_sector9 was very unique in terms of the overall bsp, lighting enhancements and effects.

On the other hand it felt designed specifically to revolve around and cater to the spiffy VISR mode, which would not have been such a major issue if we had been granted some form of balance in the way of internally lit areas that would have negated the use of the odst's special helmet abilities and instead complimented the use of the bog-standard visor HUD.

However I don't remember encountering any major bugs or issues, no doubt owing to nickies supreme scripting intellect.

Ah the more I think back however the more I am reminded of those pre-2000 load out icons.

At the other end of the scale SOI7's SP adventure featured a wealth of custom items and objects. The encounters were masterful, load times more than palpable, but there was that ugly A30 CTD issue which seemed to take a day and an age to resolve.

But once it was fixed in my opinion I clocked in more enjoyment time minute for minute than the FF project mentioned above.

Unfortunately I must also take into account the ugly incident involving the semi-talented soi and his pathetic and undeniably untoward advancements towards my dear and beloved waifu.....

Should this be a contending factor?

All logical signs point to no.....but I did see her first.

Descisions, descisions......

BRIBE ME. BRIBE ME NAO.

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 01:00 PM    Msg. 3 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Unfortunately I must also take into account the ugly incident involving the semi-talented soi and his pathetic and undeniably untoward advancements towards my dear and beloved waifu.....

Should this be a contending factor?

All logical signs point to no.....but I did see her first.

Descisions, descisions......

BRIBE ME. BRIBE ME NAO.

Yo, there's always Fubuki... just saying...

Although I have to say that recently I watched Psycho-Pass, and Akane is another example of my perfect waifu

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 01:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 31       
My favorite MP map was most definitely dredwerkz.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 02:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

Although I have to say that recently I watched Psycho-Pass, and Akane is another example of my perfect waifu

Fubuki has a much nicer rack, no doubt there...but she's younger, less powerful and tatsumaki's superiority complex matches my ego perfectly. 💚💚💚

As for akane......well you can have that disney trash any day of the week no complaints there, but just remember.

Tatsumaki is MINE.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 08:17 PM    Msg. 6 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 10:31 PM    Msg. 7 of 31       
wheres lumoria episode 3

also, I voted
Edited by Higuy on Dec 17, 2016 at 10:31 PM

tanju77

Doing moderator's job

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 11:03 PM    Msg. 8 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch

This^^ along with Neophobia_beta5 by sanni. Battlecity by aLTis. And maybe halo 2 backwash beta 1 by jobalisk and Flanker, haven't tried this map yet but, it looks promising!

And definitely SOI's campaign and Nickster5000's firefight along with Spv3.

But sadly, can't vote for all of them :(
Edited by tanju77 on Dec 17, 2016 at 11:06 PM

ThatGuyWhoLikesCats

"If God is love, then you can call me Cupid"

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 11:23 PM    Msg. 9 of 31       
Just a heads up, Wolves Ambush isn't actually an "original" map. Just a modified one. Not that it matters of cause, it's johnlex so that's to be expected.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 11:46 PM    Msg. 10 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77

This^^ along with Neophobia_beta5 by sanni. Battlecity by aLTis. And maybe halo 2 backwash beta 1 by jobalisk and Flanker, haven't tried this map yet but, it looks promising!

And definitely SOI's campaign and Nickster5000's firefight along with Spv3.

But sadly, can't vote for all of them :(
Edited by tanju77 on Dec 17, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Ah man, totally missed Battlecity. Oh well Ill throw it on the next HMU and include it in 2017

edit: technically this vote only goes to 9/30 soooo battlecity wouldn't have been included anyway

Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
Just a heads up, Wolves Ambush isn't actually an "original" map. Just a modified one. Not that it matters of cause, it's johnlex so that's to be expected.

(it wont win)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 17, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 04:19 AM    Msg. 11 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt

(it wont win)

Conformation the votes will be rigged?

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 06:02 AM    Msg. 12 of 31       

(it wont win)

blame the russian hackers

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 06:22 AM    Msg. 13 of 31       

Fubuki has a much nicer rack, no doubt there...but she's younger, less powerful and tatsumaki's superiority complex matches my ego perfectly. 💚💚💚

As for akane......well you can have that disney trash any day of the week no complaints there, but just remember.

Tatsumaki is MINE.

It's not my fault if she's perfect...

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 06:23 AM    Msg. 14 of 31       

Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 18, 2016 at 06:24 AM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 08:55 AM    Msg. 15 of 31       

Ok, I guess we should stop now

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 09:59 AM    Msg. 16 of 31       
Heh. We have a Tatsumaki AI in one of our servers. Too bad you can't see her.

Back to the topic, maps...... SOI's would be my vote.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 01:53 PM    Msg. 17 of 31       

(it wont win)

You're not actually voting yourself, you're voting for what you want unelected, unknown electors to vote for you.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 02:49 PM    Msg. 18 of 31       
2016 Isn't over yet guys.

Nertez

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 12:07 AM    Msg. 19 of 31       
Wait, there's something we're forgetting... big project, lotsa maps, came with some kind of sauce iirc that you had to take, gave you ESP? Third revision? Moved to reddit as we were too 'close-mimded' and disrespectful? Cult leader who used numerological codes such as 1337 and wished to be referred to as 'Master'???

Ah, nvm, probably confusing it with something else.

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 03:43 AM    Msg. 20 of 31       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nertez
Wait, there's something we're forgetting... big project, lotsa maps, came with some kind of sauce iirc that you had to take, gave you ESP? Third revision? Moved to reddit as we were too 'close-mimded' and disrespectful? Cult leader who used numerological codes such as 1337 and wished to be referred to as 'Master'???

You mean sub-par campaign mod with years of work for nothing that impressive?

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 04:01 AM    Msg. 21 of 31       
So we're working on making the winners a trophy, in the form of an in-game tag that the winners can use at their wish (easter eggs, do nothing and toss it in the trash). If you want to model it/have ideas, hit me up (plz dont spam thread with ideas I dont need that me and Kozakuu at least have a simple enough idea for one).

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 07:32 AM    Msg. 22 of 31       
So we're working on making the winners a trophy, in the form of an in-game tag that the winners can use at their wish (easter eggs, do nothing and toss it in the trash). If you want to model it/have ideas, hit me up (plz dont spam thread with ideas I dont need that me and Kozakuu at least have a simple enough idea for one).
you know i found a map with teletubbies easter egg, I would like a rabbit form Invasion of the rabbits
as a easter egg

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 10:58 AM    Msg. 23 of 31       
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/039/603/3c4.gif

Ok, I guess we should stop now

Well I guess you are right....

メリークリスマス!
Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 03:53 PM    Msg. 24 of 31       

We mainly moved to reddit due to the lack of moderation here and the influx of people we needed to communicate with through multiple threads. This is a modding forum, not "customer support" for one teams mod.

You mean sub-par campaign mod with years of work for nothing that impressive

Don't you make box maps? But I guess you are still butthurt over something stupid or whatever. Did you even bother making a post anywhere with your criticism?
Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 19, 2016 at 03:55 PM

EtchyaSketch

S P I N

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 05:07 PM    Msg. 25 of 31       

Don't you make box maps? But I guess you are still butthurt over something stupid or whatever. Did you even bother making a post anywhere with your criticism?

I see that you moved to reddit because your brain can't quite handle proper formatting on Halomaps.
Box maps? I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I literally haven't touched the HEK in years.
And as for the Crit post, I was actually going to make a video but I kinda got bored of it because it meant I would have to replay the maps a bunch and I honestly didn't want to replay something I found to be mediocre.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 12:43 AM    Msg. 26 of 31       

I see that you moved to reddit because your brain can't quite handle proper formatting on Halomaps.
Box maps? I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I literally haven't touched the HEK in years.
And as for the Crit post, I was actually going to make a video but I kinda got bored of it because it meant I would have to replay the maps a bunch and I honestly didn't want to replay something I found to be mediocre.

Oh? So you mean not only did you make crappy maps (your words not mine) and give up, but you then thought you were intelligent and well versed enough to deem what is impressive when you know nothing about it?

I'd love to see you make a video and point out suggestions on what you didn't like. The post SPV3 project is planned to be very different and I'd love to see your input, even if you are still high on your haterade over not seeing enough youtube videos posted. But I doubt you'd take the time to bother to even PM or make a thread to provide us some feedback in text and jot down your ideas.

You have nothing to lose except time, and you seem to have no problem wasting it on petty things anyway.

Sorry for derailing your topic matt, if there is anything left to say on this matter I will keep it to PMs.

Edit: the formatting in your post is wrong for your quotes.
Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 20, 2016 at 02:53 AM

ODX

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 06:30 PM    Msg. 27 of 31       
Wait, there's something we're forgetting... big project, lotsa maps, came with some kind of sauce iirc that you had to take, gave you ESP? Third revision? Moved to reddit as we were too 'close-minded' and disrespectful? Cult leader who used numerological codes such as 1337 and wished to be referred to as 'Master'???

I really cannot discern what's up with this post. I like how you supported the "disrespectful" portion by, as your next statement even, labeling Masters as a cult leader. But whether this in its entirety is sarcasm, irony, or something I'm far too inept to understand, I really am not sure.

You mean sub-par campaign mod with years of work for nothing that impressive?
I mean that's just like, your opinion man. The goal was never to please everybody. CMT throughout the years (at least to me) has always been about a bunch of great people teaming up to smash together some cool stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes people enjoy the content, sometimes people don't.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 07:11 PM    Msg. 28 of 31       
AMU Rangers unite!

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 11:08 PM    Msg. 29 of 31       
Last chance. Will be closing soon.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 12:28 AM    Msg. 30 of 31       
What voting format will be used.
Popular vote, or is there an electoral halomaps college?

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 01:56 AM    Msg. 31 of 31       
SphinxBio for president

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:23 PM 547 ms.
A Halo Maps Website