A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The SMG topic. FINAL QUERY.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: The SMG topic. FINAL QUERY. (38 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I'm a sexy alt. account- Halo Maps Community 2017.

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 08:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 38       
Hey guys, because I want a swift conclusion and for everyone to focus their attention on this rather than the previous topic messes, I will be posting the FINAL question about this Halo 3 SMG problem I've been having all year...

Firstly, did Zteam ever update their tag pack and actually link the sound.loop to the weapon tag? If yes, the file on this site is outdated and I'd like to know if there is a new, complete one out there... How did they forget to set the loop up? It's there but not used...

SECONDLY, MAIN QUESTION: I have set the weapon up and have all files. The problem, like Zteam, there is no sound.loop SO where or which tag do you set up the sound.loop so it plays along with the weapon's fire sound?

I'm aware of tutorials but they are mainly for beginning, setting up entire custom tags etc. I just want a quick answer. Does this sound.loop go in the weapon tag, the fire.effect tag or another tag?

If someone can guide me to where you set the sound.loop etc. you will forever be a hero in my amateur modding books.

And, MUCH THANKS in advanced...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 23, 2016 at 08:15 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 10:09 AM    Msg. 2 of 38       
1. Zteam only ever released one pack to the public.

2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3D48ewWrk80

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 01:27 PM    Msg. 3 of 38       
inb4 "I DONT USE MAC CAN YOU DO SMG FOR ME"

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 07:00 AM    Msg. 4 of 38       
Uhh... Flanker, that youtube video had nothing to do with my question. I asked about how to set up/link a weapon's sound.loop etc. to whatever weapon, fire effect or tag it is supposed to link to as I cannot find anything in my weapon that references a loop. You posted something about making music and converting music tags.

Mega. Really? Windows 10 mate.

What tag references the fire.sound_looping tag (related to weapon or fire tags)?

EDIT: JUST FOUND IT! In the weapon tag itself under 'attachments' there is a slot for sound_looping... So the next and hopefully final question of questions will be: How the hell do you properly insert the sound_looping tag in attachments to work properly?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 25, 2016 at 07:40 AM

malolo420

Drugs are Bad

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 12:46 AM    Msg. 5 of 38       
It isn't a loop, its just the sound effect playing over and over when you fire. I can't remember but I think you can adjust the pitch for each fire. Or you pack multiple sound clips into one, or something like that.

You make an effect, and then add a sound effect to that.

Edit: here I took pictures

The one on the left is an effect tag, the one on the right is a sound tag. The weapon tag will have a place to add the effect, I can take another pic if you need be.

Its at the very bottom of the weapon tag.

https://s29.postimg.org/womdykofb/This_Is_How_We_Do_did.png

Edited by malolo420 on Dec 26, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Edited by malolo420 on Dec 26, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Edited by malolo420 on Dec 26, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 09:14 AM    Msg. 6 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420

It isn't a loop, its just the sound effect playing over and over when you fire. I can't remember but I think you can adjust the pitch for each fire. Or you pack multiple sound clips into one, or something like that.

You make an effect, and then add a sound effect to that.

Edit: here I took pictures

The one on the left is an effect tag, the one on the right is a sound tag. The weapon tag will have a place to add the effect, I can take another pic if you need be.

Its at the very bottom of the weapon tag.

Edited by malolo420 on Dec 26, 2016 at 12:54 AM
Edited by malolo420 on Dec 26, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

One problem though... The sound will continuously play for a while after you fire...

The tags I'm trying to fix are from Zteam. They have these sound files:
1. fire.sound (that stupid h2 smg sound)
2. fire.sound_looping
3. fire_loop.sound

All these sounds are within the Halo 3 SMG's folder but no matter what I do, I just cannot set up tags 2 and 3. The fire.sound is fine, it plays but I want to set up the other two so my SMG can sound like the Halo 3 one.

I'm going to assume this is impossible. Zteam couldn't do it nor myself or anybody else so far...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 26, 2016 at 09:17 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 09:37 AM    Msg. 7 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

One problem though... The sound will continuously play for a while after you fire...

The tags I'm trying to fix are from Zteam. They have these sound files:
1. fire.sound (that stupid h2 smg sound)
2. fire.sound_looping
3. fire_loop.sound

All these sounds are within the Halo 3 SMG's folder but no matter what I do, I just cannot set up tags 2 and 3. The fire.sound is fine, it plays but I want to set up the other two so my SMG can sound like the Halo 3 one.

I'm going to assume this is impossible. Zteam couldn't do it nor myself or anybody else so far...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 26, 2016 at 09:17 AM

Alright alright alright;

Sound_looping tags are nothing more than reference to a .sound tag and some data about the repeating. There is NO AUDIO DATA inside a sound_looping tag.

So if you referenced a sound_looping tag in the effect instead of a sound tag in the effect, that's why it played too long. If you did what Malolo showed you then it would work.

If you really truly did add a sound tag and it's still playing for too long a time it's because the audio is most likely too long a length. When you shoot it will play the sound until the sound is finished.

Open the tag in Guerilla and check it by pressing Play. If it goes on too long you'll need a new .sound tag or you'll need to compile your own.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 06:27 PM    Msg. 8 of 38       
Because the fire sound in Zteam is literally the gun firing full auto, you need to rip and compile a new sound.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 06:37 PM    Msg. 9 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
2. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3D48ewWrk80

Uhh... Flanker, that youtube video had nothing to do with my question. I asked about how to set up/link a weapon's sound.loop etc. to whatever weapon, fire effect or tag it is supposed to link to as I cannot find anything in my weapon that references a loop. You posted something about making music and converting music tags.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Because the fire sound in Zteam is literally the gun firing full auto, you need to rip and compile a new sound.

Sean does this mean I was right to post that link???
Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 26, 2016 at 06:38 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 06:43 PM    Msg. 10 of 38       
But Flanker I don't understand... All the files are basically provided or I already have them for example.

Surely there has to be an easier way than to start all over... Wasn't there a function in Guerrilla that allowed you to chop and change or cut or speed up segments of a sound tag? Or has this SMG gone to my head and I'm slowly losing the plot?

Hamster, I did use Malolo's guide and I still stuffed up. I'm not good at sounds, I can do everything else though. I tried using the tool functions and the other program back in the day and I always get unknown errors. Plus I cannot get Adjutant to work AND I lack audio programs...

I really wish Zteam just did this in the first place, I'm just wasting my time for OCD reasons of having all Halo 3 weapons perfected minus the SMG's sound...

Stuff it I give up. A year is too much for one gun I might as well continue making lore friendly mods... Maybe one day a REAL modder might see how useless I am and make history (I meant history because you know, nobody is bothered with or even know that the Halo 3 SMG wasn't complete [sound reasons])...

Congratulations tags, you win. Alas maybe one day the big boys will make a fresh batch of complete weapon tags without any flaws for the public to use.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 26, 2016 at 06:48 PM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 26, 2016 at 06:53 PM

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 06:49 PM    Msg. 11 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Sean does this mean I was right to post that link???

yes.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 07:46 PM    Msg. 12 of 38       

But Flanker I don't understand...

That is of no concequence.

You see due to my supreme and limitless intellect I was able to deduce that inevitably at some point in time you would have to either read up more on sound looping tags to achieve the aim of your desires. Or failing that you would be forced to create a looping.tag entirely from scratch.

Hence the reason for which I had posted said link.

Now I can sense your urges to mount me and place a thousand kisses upon my rosey cheeks but alas I am far too humble for such blatant adoration.

Feel free to toss some roses in my general direction when you get the time though.
Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 26, 2016 at 07:46 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 26, 2016 08:10 PM    Msg. 13 of 38       

I think I'll get back to learning how to create firefight and campaign scenarios.

It was a fun learning curve though. I'd have more fun if I was good at making custom models though... One day...

DOOM899

{DM} [gamesmaster] if i can ill help maybe

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 06:25 AM    Msg. 14 of 38       
um did you look in that map yet for the SMG sounds?

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 05:57 PM    Msg. 15 of 38       
Which one was it again? I already almost forgot about the SMG issue... I've been very preoccupied.

Was it this one- http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6207?

I'd like to use it but I'll need permission (just private use as usual, I don't do releases nor claim credits/ownerships).

Like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghifSWfaQos the SMG exhibited has a lower and higher pitch sound when firing, the one in this map is close enough but lacks a pitch. I'm just so fascinated how this was overlooked when modders ported the H3 SMG. Is HCE or Guerrilla not advanced enough like future games and their programs?

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 06:27 PM    Msg. 16 of 38       
I think the better question is are you not advanced enough to know how to rip and port a sound?
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 29, 2016 at 06:27 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 07:10 PM    Msg. 17 of 38       

I think the better question is are you not advanced enough to know how to rip and port a sound?
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 29, 2016 at 06:27 PM

Obviously you take offence to my posts or your just like one of those trolls from South Park so I'll just leave you be because you just don't help. At all. You take the time read posts and reply with nothing but 'troll' seeping through the computer screen. Guess you got nothing else better to do with your time.

Oh hey, since your so terrible at doing anything productive why not instead of being rude, you make an accurate H3 SMG fire.sound tag smartass. Bet you probably don't even know what it sounds like nor played Halo 3 NOR have an Xbox.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:18 PM    Msg. 18 of 38       
Oh, that's a shame, I made this for you. I guess you really don't want it though because I'm such an awful troll, so I won't give it to you or tell you how I magically got the sounds, even though I and several other people already explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE4_o6MpodE&feature=youtu.be
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 29, 2016 at 08:19 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:27 PM    Msg. 19 of 38       
Your just saying this now to make me feel bad... Funny you could of just posted this a while ago instead of trying to make me feel like a turd who fails at modding...

I'll take back everything I posted if your being serious though. And of course add you to my journal of awesomeness.

But legitimate question now that you've showcased what I've failed to do, well, how did you do it?

That is very historic so bravo. Never seen a H3 SMG that sounds like it should. You sir... I'm actually lost for words.

Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 29, 2016 at 08:30 PM

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:36 PM    Msg. 20 of 38       

extract them from Halo 3. http://haloce3.com/xmf/

The sounds are mixed into parts so merge them in audacity

export them as 44khz mono and follow this: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48948

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:37 PM    Msg. 21 of 38       
Just need to get my hands on that Audacity program...

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:44 PM    Msg. 22 of 38       
lol wow desreyd by shewn

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:54 PM    Msg. 23 of 38       
My god... You guys make that rotten Bungie community look nice... Great impressions. Really love the positive attitude in this community...

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 07:29 AM    Msg. 24 of 38       
I am amazed at the absurd amount of little bitches in this thread. Seriously, most of you spend more time trying to make this poor kid feel bad than being helpful. Plenty of you have access to the maps and the sounds, you could have gotten it done in the time it took you to make your crappy post.

And serious wtf sean? You're the kid complaining on skype no one likes you while you die of a terminal disease because you can't stop eating oreos, why are you picking on this kid?

Oh was that mean? Sorry, I guess like you I don't know how to treat people less fortunate than myself.
Edited by Masters1337 on Dec 30, 2016 at 07:31 AM

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 04:42 PM    Msg. 25 of 38       

The maps and programs are pretty easily accessible, If people just make a topic every day asking for stuff to be done for them, they aren't gonna accomplish much themselves, just saying. oh and don't worry, I don't feel bad at all anymore, Oreos are güd af deadass my guy.

I didn't know I somehow got cancer as opposed to type 1 beetus, I'd call that an accomplishment. Also, what's a Skype?

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 30, 2016 at 04:58 PM

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 04:58 PM    Msg. 26 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
And serious wtf sean? You're the kid complaining on skype no one likes you while you die of a terminal disease because you can't stop eating oreos, why are you picking on this kid?

He was born with diabetes, not really his fault.
Also, did the SPV3 fame really get that much into your head? You're being even more of an ass than I remember.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 05:47 PM    Msg. 27 of 38       

How the mighty have fallen......

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 06:45 PM    Msg. 28 of 38       
I miss Modacity

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 07:00 PM    Msg. 29 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I miss Modacity

I miss Modhalo

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 07:04 PM    Msg. 30 of 38       
Oh you mean I shouldn't be mean to people? Wouldn't know that based on the behavior in this thread.

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 07:15 PM    Msg. 31 of 38       

Plenty of you have access to the maps and the sounds, you could have gotten it done in the time it took you to make your crappy post.

So could you......

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 07:58 PM    Msg. 32 of 38       
What baffles me is how a new modder comes in, looking for HELP in how to do things, asking to be shown how to mod, and all you queers can do is bash him for it. He never wanted it done, he wanted to be taught how to do it.

We're the remnants of a dying community holding onto a game we love and cherish, complaining about how dead it is and how theres nobody left, and you children get rocks off on bashing a new guy.

Cold facts; you guys are losers. Youre never gonna get that girl and if you disappeared she'd never know. Youll never have friends that care about you. And coming online and bashing someone to feel a little bit better will never fill the hole in your heart. You may be cool on a web forum but when you close your browser you dont take that with you

And heres the worst one; it doesnt get better after school, children. They lied to you. There are real, valid reasons people dont like you, and when you get a job your coworkers are gonna dislike you for the same reasons. Youll always be unwanted.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 08:08 PM    Msg. 33 of 38       
Don't go making assumptions about our personal lives now.

If constantly giving the links to map archives, sound tutorials, and adjutant isn't teaching how, with no action being taken by the person asking, then what is?

Because that's all been done, several more threads didn't need to be made after the first one, just saying.

Nice poetry btw.

Honestly I'd rather be the dick who gets people to learn than the one who spoonfeeds tags for free. I'm sure there's people more than willing to do that, and bless them for being like that, but that's a very small minority.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 30, 2016 at 08:17 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 09:01 PM    Msg. 34 of 38       

Don't go making assumptions about our personal lives now.

If constantly giving the links to map archives, sound tutorials, and adjutant isn't teaching how, with no action being taken by the person asking, then what is?

Because that's all been done, several more threads didn't need to be made after the first one, just saying.

Nice poetry btw.

Honestly I'd rather be the dick who gets people to learn than the one who spoonfeeds tags for free. I'm sure there's people more than willing to do that, and bless them for being like that, but that's a very small minority.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 30, 2016 at 08:17 PM

Just re-read the threads to be sure;

SBB Michelle offered legitimate help

Malolo420 posted a quick tutorial

You said he should rip the tags.

Outside of those posts nobody gave help unless they talked crap about it first. He says he's trying, he clearly doesnt get it. He happily admits he's new and doesnt have this figured out.

But while posting a youtube video called 'Veteran vs Noob' to show you can make the tags he cant is definitely being a dick, I dont see how its teaching him.

I understand the frustration for the spam, but he means well and he shouldnt be getting trashed. We all were there.

MEGA_VKNG

N O O A T S G O R D A N

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 09:05 PM    Msg. 35 of 38       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
But while posting a youtube video called 'Veteran vs Noob' to show you can make the tags he cant is definitely being a dick, I dont see how its teaching him.

Was only following his request b

Quote: you make an accurate H3 SMG fire.sound tag smartass. Bet you probably don't even know what it sounds like nor played Halo 3 NOR have an Xbox.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 30, 2016 at 09:06 PM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun April 30, 2017 8:32 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website