A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread. (39 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

MEGA_VKNG

friendly neighborhood big diabetic_kunt

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 04:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
I want everyone to focus their attention on this

Now with an A that looks like an A, stop calling it DINC :(

Hey, everyone, MEGASEAN here. Merry Christmas, by the way!

For those that missed the news, VKMT is now Dreams in a Cryotank, a team that works on projects for multiple games, not just Halo CE. But of course, you're not here for that other stuff, you're here for Project Dreamweb!

Quote: What is Project Dreamweb?

Project Dreamweb is our Halo CE tagset that focuses heavily on customization, with color changeable covenant weapons, tons of options and variants, and our new modular series of weapons that lets you make whatever you want.

CE3 2016 Trailer (Under the name VKMT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgynHwetas

December 24th Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bztEmsTVt8

While I'm at it, here's a little taste of what we're cooking up in Black Ops 3. This is the only time this will be mentioned on this thread, don't worry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s1BWB3-NeQ

December 24th Update Screenshots

As the video stated, Dreamweb will have it's first initial release in 2017, giving the first slice of what we are working on, after that release, Dreamweb will have extensions and content updates, somewhat similarly to how Halo 5 does its content updates. We'll talk about that and give you some dumb content update names next year.

That's all for now, Merry Christmas one more time, don't forget to subscribe to our channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxa-D2URWRct613bFzDttMQ

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 23, 2017 at 05:21 PM

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 07:53 PM    Msg. 2 of 39       
Looking dope, nice work!

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 24, 2016 11:20 PM    Msg. 3 of 39       
Wait what
Why is there Korean written on top of the ODST pistol

E: Forgot to say, I'm loving all of this.
Edited by Spartan314 on Dec 24, 2016 at 11:21 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 12:06 AM    Msg. 4 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

It's Korean in Halo 2: Anniversary. The magnum is based on that model. Bungie/343 change the language on top of the pistol every once in a while.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Dec 25, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 03:43 AM    Msg. 5 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

It's Korean in Halo 2: Anniversary. The magnum is based on that model. Bungie/343 change the language on top of the pistol every once in a while.

Huh
The more you know

Corpen

Sierra 612 - DINC - "Why are we here?"

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 04:09 AM    Msg. 6 of 39       

Huh
The more you know

Just going to say getting that Korean right; sure it was that in the end, was hell.

bandinada5

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 05:35 AM    Msg. 7 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
I want everyone to focus their attention on this

lol you really wanted this :v

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 05:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 39       
It's a joke about how that guy won't stop making threads about his smg and asking people to focus exclusively on him, unfortunately I'm not funny.

OctaVinyl

¡Voy A comer tù corazon!

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 06:12 AM    Msg. 9 of 39       
It's a joke about how that guy won't stop making threads about his smg and asking people to focus exclusively on him, unfortunately I'm not funny.

Hence his name. Why does he care bout that SMG anyway.

Super Flanker

I bet you taste good at night.

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 01:22 PM    Msg. 10 of 39       
Interesting though I struggled to gain any focus on the events occurring from scene to scene due to the hella fast pace!

Logo is pretty darn good too.
Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 25, 2016 at 01:25 PM

Halo Noob Modder117

I'm a sexy alt. account- Halo Maps Community 2017.

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 08:47 PM    Msg. 11 of 39       

AHHH I get it now! Now I see why you people hate me.

"I want everyone to focus their attention on this" -The misunderstanding

I wanted people to focus on my new post and not my old because of the new issue. What do you guys think I was trying to get the entire CE community to read my post? Guys ca'mon...

I had a few technical difficulties and wanted everyone to shift their attention to my new thread not my old one because I wanted to cover something different.

Hopefully you guys can turn down the hate because you all realised that you did not really get what I meant in context.

Anyway, this cryotank project? ...Beautiful... Amazing work Mega.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 29, 2016 at 08:50 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 05:59 PM    Msg. 12 of 39       
Peeps are just annoyed because you literally created a bunch of threads pertaining to one topic. And whether it was intentional or not you then proceeded to create another thread when you felt your questions were not being answered.

This is a forum, which means we aren't obliged to give you answer if we don't feel like it. In any case even if we hadn't provided you with more than reasonable solutions (which we did) it's not like the answers you seek are the height of modding secrecy. All you really needed was to be more research savvy.
Edited by Super Flanker on Dec 30, 2016 at 06:01 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Dec 31, 2016 06:00 PM    Msg. 13 of 39       
Happy new year, here's the new DIAC logo for 2017. inb4 the whole avatar thing happens again

We'll see you guys in the spring, around our 3 year anniversary, expect a little bit more of the same alongside the other games you don't care about and likely can't run.

I don't like giving actual dates but it's very possible Dreamweb can come out around that time, if not another mini release at least.

I'll be showing off 2 of the post initial release updates: Outlanders Exodus, and Modular Combat. It probably isn't difficult to guess what they contain. I told you these names were bad, and yes, it's deliberate.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 1, 2017 04:07 AM    Msg. 14 of 39       
DINC?

DIAC?

Shouldn't it be like DIACT?

o wait...that sounds like didact!

Didact SP biped confirmed?

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 12:11 PM    Msg. 15 of 39       
Do it for vehicles now, that's would be fantastic :)

I've made something similar a long time ago with ghost and banshee, but I never "realy" finished it (new animations and physics). If you have in plan to do something like that, that's would be gorgeous

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47743
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=47753
Edited by darksoldier on Jan 2, 2017 at 12:12 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 01:00 PM    Msg. 16 of 39       
Vehicles are definitely going to be taking inspiration from your work. Going to be putting a bit more effort into making the vehicles a bit more custom hence why I haven't been showing them off yet.

darksoldier

Helo my friend, it's time to fight ;)

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 02:06 PM    Msg. 17 of 39       
Nice :) Can't wait to see more about it

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 02:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
DINC?

DIAC?

It looks like DMC to me. Is it a reference to Devil May Cry, Detroit Metal City or something else or was it just a coincidence? We will never know.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 05:11 PM    Msg. 19 of 39       
I'm totally okay with Devil May Cry being mentioned, I happen to like that series a bit.

The team name is a reference to the electronic group, Covenant, as is the current rendition of the logo to some extent. (the original being done by AI)

If you see this it's your lucky day.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 28, 2017 at 01:19 AM

MatthewDratt

Mildley unsuccessful

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 11:11 PM    Msg. 20 of 39       
spooky

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 05:31 AM    Msg. 21 of 39       

If you see this it's your lucky day.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 28, 2017 at 01:19 AM

Cool lines apart from It's super obvious you are using symmetrical uv's.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 12:38 AM    Msg. 22 of 39       
Due to popular demand the original DINC has been retired, RIP, now it's proper.

Dreamweb's initial release is on track for Summer, with the content updates coming shortly after. After the initial release (excluding forerunner weapons which will come in a seperate update) Dreamwebs push will be exclusively on custom content and additions, however we'll give a nice taste of that in the initial release, like this Mark V:

Heavy reworks of the model are in construction

Dutch02 (some of you might recognize that name) is modelling the new armors for Dreamweb, and he's an excellent partner to have for the project.

All that really needs to be done for Dreamweb initial is the classic armors, LODs, and some animations for weapons, than it will be ready for all to consume.

I'll be ready to talk more Dreamweb during our 3 year anniversary. Although I'll be focusing almost exclusively on post release, as everything that's coming in Dreamweb this summer has already been seen in a mostly polished state. There really aren't too many surprises.

Festivities begin April 14th with Black Ops 3, and then ending the 25th with Dreamweb.

FINAL NOTE: Is there anyone in here good at UV unwrapping objects and is active? (and won't post NSFW or try to evade the NSFW rule in the discord, you know who you are) and will be able to help out? I can handle texturing, thanks to anyone who replies!

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:42 AM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 09:38 AM    Msg. 23 of 39       
Yeah, yeah i'll do it.

3 or 4th time is the charm right?

(Not digging the drop shadow on the white text)
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 24, 2017 at 09:39 AM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:29 AM    Msg. 24 of 39       
Is the goal of this project to import bipeds and weapons from other halo games?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 12:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Is the goal of this project to import bipeds and weapons from other halo games?

No. oh man if only someone wrote an OP for this mysterious project

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 01:01 PM    Msg. 26 of 39       
Just relooked at original post and it was easy for me to overlook the most important part of your post that was covered in quote tags.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 02:47 PM    Msg. 27 of 39       

Dreamweb release date and a look into the future of the team tomorrow

MARCH 31ST, 7:30 PM PDT.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 30, 2017 at 02:48 PM

Docer

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 05:49 PM    Msg. 28 of 39       

http://i.imgur.com/FixdwkAh.jpg

Dreamweb release date and a look into the future of the team tomorrow

MARCH 31ST, 7:30 PM PDT.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 30, 2017 at 02:48 PM

Is this your first finished project? Hope will be great

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 07:17 PM    Msg. 29 of 39       
MEGA, curious questions...

Where did the name Dreams in a Cryotank originate from? What was the thought processing behind the name? Also, what motivates you to create such intriguing CE assets? Further, what is the average time it takes to create those?
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 30, 2017 at 07:21 PM

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 07:49 PM    Msg. 30 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

MEGA, curious questions...

shoot.

Quote: Where did the name Dreams in a Cryotank originate from?

I answered that already, I don't date guys who don't read the posts.

Quote: What was the thought processing behind the name?

The thought process was literally that the name sounded cool, and that we needed to stray from the name "VKMT" because we don't just do CE anymore.

Quote: Also, what motivates you to create such intriguing CE assets?

That I have to finish it.

Quote: what is the average time it takes to create those?

Dreamweb started development in December 2014/January 2015, so there you go.

SPARTAN 420

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 01:21 AM    Msg. 31 of 39       
nice stuff, mega!

can you guys remake mark vi too, please?

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 01:14 PM    Msg. 32 of 39       
Happy third anniversary, everyone. Whether you just found out who we are or you were here since the very first thread we made when we were a "stupid new mapping team", thank you.
No crazy trailers or anything this time, but I do have a lot to talk about and I guess this is my chance to be transparent with what's happening in the team.

To get the elephant in the room out of the way, the release date for Dreamweb is May 3, 2017. Fun fact: that is the same day the Reach Beta came out. It's very close to how it looked when we last showed it, but we are optimizing the models, shaders, and adding LODs where they are needed. It's nice to say it's almost done and ready for you guys to use.
This will be the big final release for it, and we are abandoning our expansion plans and moving them to something bigger, what is that you might ask? Well if the teaser image wasn't enough evidence...

oops.

Before I go into the nitty gritty on Dreamweb 2, the first question you probably are asking is why?
Dreamweb started development 2 years ago (with the first concept for it, the MA5X, being created when the team first formed 3 years ago) and was originally being built with the old VKMT plans for Outlander at the time, and then it got moved to an MP map, and then it got moved to a firefight map, and then it got moved to another map, and another map, etc. etc.

Basically what I'm getting at is Dreamweb lacks the direction it had when it first started, due to it being passed down to so many different projects with different goals. Don't get me wrong, Dreamweb is something we believe is made with quality, but our goals and ambitions don't really fit what Dreamweb is now. You'll see a lot of Dreamwebs original plans and some assets being moved into DW2, but we still think Dreamweb classic is a good package, although I like to consider it more of a tagset extension than a full blown one, as that's how many people have been using it.
So I guess I'll talk about DW2. It's very early in development, but we've got a good plan out for it, and some cool progress already.

It really goes back to the original goal for Dreamweb, which was a great selection of heavily modified and custom content with a consistent art style. We'll still use some ports, but we've come up with a full process to how these assets can be used for DW2, which includes brand new textures and model edits where needed.
The content being made for DW2 will be completely friendly to Halo's story and canon, but we'll occasionally throw in something for fun, although rarely compared to DW1. We also intend to completely revamp a lot of the core content and we will rarely, possibly never have outside references to CMT and Zteam, which are required for DW Classic when it releases. Our first milestone was our revamped Mark V, modelled by Dutch02, also known as EXO Designs. You've likely seen his stuff on Deviantart and he's been a great partner for the project. You can expect a lot of his work to show up here.

Render (NO TEXTURES)

Clay Render

We hope to show off more of DW2 soon, and plan to use it in a brand new project that is still in the planning phases.

I'm also happy to announce that we are finally opening back up recruitment for the Halo CE team in Dreams in a Cryotank, Experience is required and please don't message me without it. If you would like to reach me on Discord it's MEGASEAN#7796. I also read PMs here. We are looking for concept artists (characters, weapons and environment), weapon modelers for UNSC and Covenant, Character modellers, and people experienced with UV unwrapping. (texturing is a plus) We are also looking for mission designers, BSP people, and people experienced with cinematics.

Keep in mind I can't give an accurate date on when the next reveal will be, for the sake of transparency, this is every project Dreams in a Cryotank is working on, big and small:

-Dreamweb Classic (in collaboration with Mental, 90% complete)
-Dreamweb 2
-MVM (in collaboration with Mental)
-Unannounced Halo CE series using Dreamweb 2
-Unannounced Black Ops 3 Zombies map
-Unannounced Black Ops 3 Weapons set
-Various shenanigans in Fallout 4
-Unannounced DOOM project
-Unannounced new IP being built in Unreal Engine 4. 2 game series currently planned.

Hope you enjoyed this update, and have a nice day. Stay safe this coming April fools.

Also, you kids got my tweet to sing Rick Astley 17 retweets, expect that later tonight.

To properly close off, I want to give a very warm special thinks to my closest friends, you guys know who you are. None of this would have happened without you.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 31, 2017 at 03:25 PM

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 02:36 PM    Msg. 33 of 39       
Very good work Sean! I can't wait to get my hands on this

-Unannounced new IP being built in Unreal Engine 4. 2 game series currently planned.

This sounds the most interesting. Can't wait to hear more info.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 10:16 PM    Msg. 34 of 39       
Dreamweb 2 official reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V7M68emj8&feature=youtu.be
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Apr 1, 2017 at 12:45 AM

Alex

I'll be back.

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 06:32 AM    Msg. 35 of 39       

Dreamweb 2 official reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9V7M68emj8&feature=youtu.be
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Apr 1, 2017 at 12:45 AM

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon April 24, 2017 1:10 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website