A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta

Page 4 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · Prev
Author Topic: [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta (111 messages, Page 4 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: May 21, 2017 12:48 AM    Msg. 106 of 111       
Bump because I like this project and I want it to stay relevant.

E: Previous post -
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Update since HaloMaps won't let me bump my own Posts almost a week later;

I managed to port about 90% of the level's Instance Geometry into a few scenery objects.

47.8K Faces are for Rendering purposes only, with no accompanying collision. This is for small details or things like palm leaves of trees.

84.5K Faces are legitimate Instance Geometry, converted into scenery with accompanying collision.

It took 8 .gbxmodel files to contain the model data for the Instance Geometry, and another 4 for the Rendering Geometry. Not all the shaders are compiled at the moment, as you can see from the screenshots
Edited by DeadHamster on May 17, 2017 at 02:11 AM

Edited by Spartan314 on May 21, 2017 at 12:50 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 06:39 PM    Msg. 107 of 111       
So as you guys can see progress on this mod stopped. I'm making a transition in housing where I'm moving permanently to Las Vegas. During this transition, I don't have any residence where I can setup a computer. I will be bringing the PC to Vegas with me and resuming work from there, but that is not for at least another 6-7 months.

Until then, you should not expect any updates or new content. I do, however, expect to have this entire project finished and released by July 9th, 2018.

I want to use Core Saving to prevent save conflicts with SPV3 or other SP projects. I'm basing the map off of long term gameplay, adding RPG elements with a safehouse and vault to store weapons or purchase perks/ammo/vehicles. I want a UNSC force and local militia that use separate weapons, and will animate all the AI drops instead of relying on flying phantoms. There will be optional sidequests that will unlock vehicle drops for areas and award some form of ingame currency to purchase the equipment mentioned above.

But until I have a place to sleep at night, these things have to be sidelined. Once I'm settled in the hot sun of the desert I can conclude Fall of Mombasa. Hopefully HM is still online by Summer 2018. Sorry it can't be sooner.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 08:22 PM    Msg. 108 of 111       
Las Vegas you say?

I live there as well, welcome and I hope you like it here.

Take your time on the project, classic games like CE can't really die tbh, even if the community does slow down sometimes.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 10, 2017 at 08:25 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 10:16 PM    Msg. 109 of 111       
Until then, you should not expect any updates or new content. I do, however, expect to have this entire project finished and released by July 9th, 2018.

<3

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 11:19 AM    Msg. 110 of 111       
So as you guys can see progress on this mod stopped. I'm making a transition in housing where I'm moving permanently to Las Vegas. During this transition, I don't have any residence where I can setup a computer. I will be bringing the PC to Vegas with me and resuming work from there, but that is not for at least another 6-7 months.

I want to use Core Saving to prevent save conflicts with SPV3 or other SP projects. I'm basing the map off of long term gameplay, adding RPG elements with a safehouse and vault to store weapons or purchase perks/ammo/vehicles. I want a UNSC force and local militia that use separate weapons, and will animate all the AI drops instead of relying on flying phantoms. There will be optional sidequests that will unlock vehicle drops for areas and award some form of ingame currency to purchase the equipment mentioned above.

But until I have a place to sleep at night, these things have to be sidelined. Once I'm settled in the hot sun of the desert I can conclude Fall of Mombasa. Hopefully HM is still online by Summer 2018. Sorry it can't be sooner.

Looks like I'll have to purge any core saves in sov3 before we release then :x

DeadHamster

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 06:33 PM    Msg. 111 of 111       
Or if you can get somebody to make core_save_name and core_load_name work, that'd be better.

Page 4 of 4 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · [4] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 25, 2017 11:50 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website