A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta (82 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 01:57 PM    Msg. 71 of 82       
Played a bit and encountered some weird errors.

Jackals seem to be using wrong collision and actor variant, they also seem to fire way quicker than they should.
AR is still 50 rounds

I'll edit and add more as I encounter problems.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 02:05 PM    Msg. 72 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Played a bit and encountered some weird errors.

Jackals seem to be using wrong collision and actor variant, they also seem to fire way quicker than they should.
AR is still 50 rounds

I'll edit and add more as I encounter problems.

There may still be lingering evolved tags. checking now if this is the case for the jackal sniper or any marines.

Please list anything you notice. This is just for fun so you guys can explore the new areas and get a more polished example of the Christmas release. But it also helps me having a handful of people trying to legitimately play it and go "WTF is this" as I'm going along.

Edit: jackal using an evolved AI tag. Fixing that now
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 12, 2017 at 02:14 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 05:15 PM    Msg. 73 of 82       
Bump.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 10:37 PM    Msg. 74 of 82       
With the BSP update to the beta out, I'm starting to add more assets.

I'm now able to build maps exceeding the model data limit. This means that I can start rapidly expanding on my scenery items. I plan on adding large amounts of detail with these items that I won't have to build into the mapfile itself.

But ontop of that, I can include the local militia that was intended;

Credits to bungie and all. Rigging that biped up now.

Militia will use mainly shotguns and SMGs.

Another implementation;

Female marines. Haven't found them anywhere else. Mix some of them in too. It'll take a while to rig both but eh, it's only 2 bipeds.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 09:10 AM    Msg. 75 of 82       
Had a more in depth play, was lookin pretty good
Portalling stuff in the biped sized tunnel of the new BSP added:

Also portalling here, on the other side of highway:

Maybe wasn't supposed to go this far out, so I'm assuming less of a portalling error and more of a +sky thing going on:

Sometimes if you play long enough the gravity grenades will stop displaying the sprites and will just be an invisi thing (I think Evolved might have had a similar issue):

Two different battle rifle tags with two different colors, one green one blue:

Also, I seem to recall there being a silenced weapon here...

Notice the grenade UI element of the last picture vs the other ones. Grav gren is blue whilst the frag and plasma are the nicer olive color or whatever it is.

Driving around the new city complex was more fun than I thought. Probs would be even better if AI were running around?

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 09:28 AM    Msg. 76 of 82       
you should get some of those Reach civilians in there too ;).

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 02:10 PM    Msg. 77 of 82       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
you should get some of those Reach civilians in there too ;).

Was very upset H3 had no civilian bipeds. Thats also been a plan, but ill have to DL some reach maps.

Spartan thank you so much for the posts. You were right on the +sky part, that area will be blocked by a fence. Only for theming, makes the level feel open.

Ill have to track down that BR as I believe its an evolved tag. And then fix the HUD for those grenades.

Edit: Also something is very wrong with the HUD; the only "blue" elements should be the two extra grenades type by an oversight. The reticle, weapon icon and ammo bullets should all be tan as well.
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 13, 2017 at 07:39 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 07:47 AM    Msg. 78 of 82       
You do have the civilians from the storm.

You should be able to get rid of all evolved tags if you want to use the SPV3 ones, the two are using totally different damage values so you can't really mix and match them.

Also as far as HUD goes... it looks more grey than tan, which blends in with the environment a tad too well. I know it's a pain, but I think things would be much better if you chose a new color.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 11:41 AM    Msg. 79 of 82       
Yeah the damage scale with the evolved set makes them completely incompatible. Very unhappy to still see those stragglers, not sure where they come from.

I really like that HUD color. Does anyone else see it as gray as well? I agree however, that it blends in way too much with the background bitmaps. I'll have to tweak it, but it'll most likely just be more saturation.

I already went ahead and downloaded like 6 different Reach maps and the corresponding shared resource caches. Will be ripping civilians and other content from there soon as well.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 11:49 AM    Msg. 80 of 82       
I don't see it as grey. But I do agree that it becomes indecipherable when overlayed over environment bitmaps.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 11:37 PM    Msg. 81 of 82       

Video

Few errors here with his buttocks, already fixed those. just had to do a .001 weld to correct the multiple verts from import.
Edited by DeadHamster on Apr 14, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Sod

Posted: Apr 15, 2017 01:42 AM    Msg. 82 of 82       
Just downloaded the map and played a little bit. The idea of it seems fun, I enjoy it.
However there seems to be a bug with the shield regeneration noise, if you lose too much of your shield and it recharges it plays the breathing noise, but it speeds up and then the sound turns inaudible (sorta a buzzing noise).

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 6:58 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website