A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is it possible to put Halo maps into Blender3D?

Author Topic: Is it possible to put Halo maps into Blender3D? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

necroneir

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 06:20 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I am trying to use maps from Halo 3 and Reach (Sandtrap, Standoff, Avalanche, and Forge World) for animation purposes. From Adjutant, I have exported the maps as .obj files because those are compatible with Blender, but when I import them they simply spawn as a tiny dot. The only tutorials I have found were vague and only showed you how to export the map itself. I'm kind of stuck here, and I'd really like to use these maps for animations. Along with the maps, I'd also like to use the special effects that came with each map. Please help.

ptowery

oify

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 07:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
for maps the only way you'd be able to is import into 3ds max as emf then export as obj.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 04:15 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Adjutant caters to 3dsmax in many different respects as a result other software packages may have trouble interpreting information directly attributed to whatever you are trying to rip and convert from 3dsmax.

A good example would be shader setups. A wealth of bsp's spanning the Halo Reach era and newer utilize complex shader functions built into Max's "material editor" to achieve certain results.

The trouble here is that blender may not have similar or related material features which will inevitably restrict your creativity in some instances.

Unless you modify the materials/textures exclusively rather than relying on a combined shader (which you might not have) to do the work for you, you may run into trouble further down the road.
Edited by Super Flanker on Jan 5, 2017 at 04:30 AM

JoeKeyz

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 07:09 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Hi..

I used blender.. pretty good program I would say

but just like you when I Imported a "whatever.OBJ" it would be also very tiny.

Solution: Select the whole .obj data and resize it.

Worked for me.

«RG»Joey

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 3:05 AM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website