A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 (85 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 07:07 PM    Msg. 36 of 85       
An LOD importer?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 07:08 PM    Msg. 37 of 85       
How about a model_collision_geometry to gbxmodel converter. We can finally extract collision models. Check out the MEK to download it:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 23, 2017 at 07:09 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 07:33 PM    Msg. 38 of 85       
Woah
That's actually really neat

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 07:39 PM    Msg. 39 of 85       
This also means that if someone wanted to make a version of b30 where all objects are replaced with an untextured version of their collision(though the normals will be screwed up), then they can go right ahead and do that lol. The models dont render in sapien, but maybe with some tweaking they could lol.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 23, 2017 at 07:48 PM

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 08:11 PM    Msg. 40 of 85       
A collision importer!

That'll be useful if I ever decide to decompile alpha_oot :)
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 23, 2017 at 08:17 PM

Kinnet

Xfire: kinnet_zero69

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 08:20 PM    Msg. 41 of 85       
Finally i'll be able to tell what went wrong with my scenery collisions!

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 09:34 AM    Msg. 42 of 85       
$WAG Work.

Ganon

www.gaybrosfromouterspace.com

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:02 AM    Msg. 43 of 85       
I keep hearing great things about your apps but can never get any of them to work on w8.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 01:38 PM    Msg. 44 of 85       
Sorry Ganon, I don't have a w8 machine, so I can't test things on there myself. Maybe in the future.....

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 01:49 PM    Msg. 45 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Finally i'll be able to tell what went wrong with my scenery collisions!

You could just use debug_objects 1 and other debug commands :v

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 02:40 PM    Msg. 46 of 85       
Well with this you can see some stuff you normally wouldnt be able to. Like for instance the collision on some of the cmt jackals body parts has the faces inverted. I believe this would mean if you fired at the limb, the bullet will pass through the collision and impact the opposite side. Like, if you fired at the bicep, it'd go through their humerus and hit their tricep. Also you can see solid faces rather than just wireframes. I found out that the cmt marine flood has a gaping hole in its stomach on the right side.

altis94

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 02:53 PM    Msg. 47 of 85       
Not really related question but is it possible to make one sided collision? I'd like to have a one side shield so you could shoot through one side of it.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 02:56 PM    Msg. 48 of 85       
Technically yes, but tool wont compile one sided collision. It has to be sealed, meaning for every surface there is another surface(s) covering the opposite side completely. It's the same idea as compiling a map with holes in the collision. I actually did a one sided shield with my SOPHIA tank, but it's only one sided cause you stand next to it and project the shield out and you're inside the shield and able to shoot out. It's the same idea as being outside a map and being able to shoot in at people.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 24, 2017 at 02:59 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 09:17 PM    Msg. 49 of 85       
update bump

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 09:18 PM    Msg. 50 of 85       
I've added a new feature that masterz has been testing out for stability. That feature is search and replace. S&R is still in a beta phase and has limited use, but it is a powerful tool. It allows you to specify a string to locate and count the occurrences of, as well as a string to replace those occurrences with. The last tag you clicked on is what the s&r will run on.

Just as a bit of trivia, s&r is how masterz managed to change the lighting in c40.

Here's a screencap:

You can find s&r under the tools menu in mozz.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 25, 2017 07:48 PM    Msg. 51 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Not really related question but is it possible to make one sided collision? I'd like to have a one side shield so you could shoot through one side of it.

Bubble shield?

altis94

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 07:16 AM    Msg. 52 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Bubble shield?

Something like that.

Would it be possible to add a feature of editing multiple tags of the same type? For example, I have 20 vehicles and I want to change all of their bounding radius to 0.5 without changing anything else. It's not really an important feature I want but it would save me some time since I'm working with a lot of similar tags.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 10:57 AM    Msg. 53 of 85       
Bubble shield?

Something like that.

Would it be possible to add a feature of editing multiple tags of the same type? For example, I have 20 vehicles and I want to change all of their bounding radius to 0.5 without changing anything else. It's not really an important feature I want but it would save me some time since I'm working with a lot of similar tags.

So essentially mirror changes from the same .tag type with just different file names.

Yeah that would be cool I guess.....it could be called copy cat or something.....I dunno.

TRADEMARK!

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 01:51 PM    Msg. 54 of 85       
I've thought about that kind of feature, but honestly it'd be kind of a pain to implement, and it'd become a source of bugs if you didnt know it was on or accidentally switched it on. The easiest way I could implement something similar would be allowing you to paste a reference to a block from one tag into another. The problem with this is that this would essentially put one part of a tag into another, and it would mirror changes to the entire block rather than individual fields. Like, say you did this to the obje_attrs of the vehicle. Sure, it'd mirror the bounding radius between the tags, but it'd also mirror the physics, collision, model, modifier shader, etc. Basically it'd mirror everything in the current level of hierarchy. You can't paste references to data fields though(integers, floats, strings), so it'd have to be a struct or array or some other type of hierarchy. This would also cause issues at some points since blocks require a reference to their parent to navigate to some attribute that describes something about themselves(like an array size or string length), and since a block can only have one parent, it'd have to choose one of the tags to be parented to.

tl; dr it'd be too much of a pain, it would cause bugs, and there is no way for me to make it cleanly.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 26, 2017 at 01:55 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 12:15 PM    Msg. 55 of 85       
Altis stop coming up with bad ideas! >:/

altis94

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 03:25 PM    Msg. 56 of 85       
Well I'm SORRY I just thought of it while changing minor things on similar tags over and over D:

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 06:08 PM    Msg. 57 of 85       
Well I'm SORRY I just thought of it while changing minor things on similar tags over and over D:

Oh I just remembered there are action recorders you can look into to do that for you.

Infact photoshoppe has one built in. Perhaps there maybe an app or .exe somewhere on the net built specifically for Windows.

not m00kz

are you pecking kidding me

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 06:23 PM    Msg. 58 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ganon
I keep hearing great things about your apps but can never get any of them to work on w8.

im suprised you're putting up with w8 over w7 or w10. but this is america bro you do you

get you some classic shell tho for real.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 06:51 PM    Msg. 59 of 85       
I just added a new tool. It allows you to open a dds image as a bitmap tag. Supports 2d, 3d, and cubemaps as well as all formats halo supports(except p8, but you guys cant even use that). Michelle tested and it's even possible to use non-power-of-2 images for just regular textures. I dont recommend it, but she was able to do it. You can get the new version by downloading the MEK and installing it. If you already have it installed, run the upgrade.py file to update to the newest version. If you couldnt get the MEK to install before, try downloading it again, I've fixed some bugs in the setup.py file.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Feb 27, 2017 at 07:12 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 28, 2017 01:44 PM    Msg. 60 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

Michelle tested and it's even possible to use non-power-of-2 images for just regular textures. I dont recommend it, but she was able to do it.

TheGhost did that like 6+ years ago...

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 06:46 AM    Msg. 61 of 85       
Did they have mipmaps? I was just not aware of it since Ghost was here long before me. I know CE lets you for ui textures but not at any other image setting than 32bit. this works for dxt too.

Honestly I don't think non-power-of-two images are a problem, they just were on the original xbox and really old gpus.

bourrin33

HEK not installed tho

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 11:44 AM    Msg. 62 of 85       
That's the tool of my dreams (4 years ago).
Figuring out how collision geometry works was a lot of pain.

Does it import in max the geometry with selection groups/regions named specificly for quick export ?

If you want to know more about that I'll try to find example of full collision model w/regions. Or you can ask Masterz about CMT source collision models as they can be quite complex.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 12:19 AM    Msg. 63 of 85       
It creates a fully rigged gbxmodel with materials applied properly and the geometry is split into regions. The models will require a tiny bit of work to get them ready to re-export if multiple materials are used on one nodes collision, since it will get split into separate models based on material. Like, the warthog has 3 materials for the geometry on it's body: hull, glass, and leather. These 3 objects will need to be attached together and vert welded to make them exportable. This isn't really that big a deal tho.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 04:48 AM    Msg. 64 of 85       
Why can't all things be as deliciously simple as the MEK.

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 10:10 AM    Msg. 65 of 85       
This is a comparison between TOOL importing a bitmap and Mozarilla importing it from a dds.

On the left is tool and on the right is mozzarilla:

Here is a comparison for some normal map artifacts(Couldn't use a hotlinkable site because the image was too big and would be turned into a jpeg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LjERLq599jVjU0REZRVndra00/view

I did a tutorial about a week ago on how to use this to improve normal map quality on dxt along with some non-power-of-two things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-isyqeXtAFE

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 11:32 AM    Msg. 66 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
This is a comparison between TOOL importing a bitmap and Mozarilla importing it from a dds.

On the left is tool and on the right is mozzarilla:
http://i.imgur.com/ukdcLv7.png

Here is a comparison for some normal map artifacts(Couldn't use a hotlinkable site because the image was too big and would be turned into a jpeg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LjERLq599jVjU0REZRVndra00/view

I did a tutorial about a week ago on how to use this to improve normal map quality on dxt along with some non-power-of-two things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-isyqeXtAFE

Their seems to be alot of smoothing tension that texture space map has to cope with. But otherwise there does seem to be a discernible difference between the two.

Oh and you should probably submit that tut to the tutorial section of hmf, OC & ce3 if you haven't already, something as valuable as your research shouldn't be left to youtube's obscure search result algorithm.
Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 6, 2017 at 11:34 AM

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 09:14 PM    Msg. 67 of 85       

TIL you're actually a woman

Also that's freaking impressive

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 03:04 PM    Msg. 68 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master

Oh dear, oh dear do you mean to imply that because she is a woman you thought she would be immediately inferior to us boys???

Tut, tut, tut.

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 05:37 PM    Msg. 69 of 85       

Oh dear, oh dear do you mean to imply that because she is a woman you thought she would be immediately inferior to us boys???

Tut, tut, tut.
Why are you concerned about women being superior to you?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 06:24 PM    Msg. 70 of 85       

Also that's freaking impressive for actually a woman

Now that's rusty.
Edited by il Duce Primo on Mar 7, 2017 at 06:24 PM

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun May 28, 2017 10:10 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website