A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 (85 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 09:02 PM    Msg. 71 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master

Also that's freaking impressive for actually a woman

Now that's rusty.
Edited by il Duce Primo on Mar 7, 2017 at 06:24 PM
Maybe phrased poorly but the point is you're making a big deal out of it, which shouldn't be.

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 12:05 AM    Msg. 72 of 85       
Everyone just shut the **** up, there was nothing wrong with The Master's phrasing.
You're all just looking for a fight, like usual...

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 04:23 PM    Msg. 73 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

TIL you're actually a woman

Also that's freaking impressive

Oh dear, oh dear do you mean to imply that because she is a woman you thought she would be immediately inferior to us boys???

Tut, tut, tut.
Why are you concerned about women being superior to you?

I'm not concerned at all it's just your use of wording makes it seem as though you were surprised that the opposite sex could actually do something related to modding Halo.

Jesse

Discord: Jesse#4500

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 04:47 PM    Msg. 74 of 85       
The Master's quote was actually changed... read his original post and you'll see that it has two separate thoughts... and it seems obvious to me and they are not related.

His being impressed had nothing to do with anyone being female or not.

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 04:57 PM    Msg. 75 of 85       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
The Master's quote was actually changed... read his original post and you'll see that it has two separate thoughts... and it seems obvious to me and they are not related.

His being impressed had nothing to do with anyone being female or not.

Dammit jesse stop trying to ruin my master baiting >:/

not m00kz

are you pecking kidding me

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 05:17 PM    Msg. 76 of 85       
i hate to be that guy, but I feel like the UI could be improved. like, this could all be condensed into a single window pane with tabs.

that said, based on what I've read about the functionality it sounds legit

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:36 PM    Msg. 77 of 85       
Yeah, it could, but it'd require me to change the way classes are structured. For now this is good enough. I might be getting a job programming in Texas, so if that happens I'm probably going to be too busy to even touch my own code for a few months.

Also, people, please just stop with this crap. I don't want my thread closed because you guys have to take childish jabs at each other. Don't be sjw's.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIO in their names.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:39 PM    Msg. 78 of 85       
I am really enjoying the tip about the non powerof2 texture hack and the ability to import normal maps completely bypassing TOOL's interpretation of them :)

EDIT: Heck yeah ! ! ! It work's with Krita's Channel copy isolation, and the DirectX SDK Texture Tool ! !

If I make a DXT1 DDS, Mozzarilla gives me a DXT1 .bitmap file. If I want an a1r5g5b5? It does that too. Awesome!
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:09 PM    Msg. 79 of 85       
Great tool it really remplaces guerrilla

OrangeJuice

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:44 AM    Msg. 80 of 85       
It even imports friggin DDS cubemaps and fills in the .bitmap tag properties properly

Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 10, 2017 at 02:48 AM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 02:43 PM    Msg. 81 of 85       
Glad people are enjoying this so much.

OrangeJuice

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 05:52 PM    Msg. 82 of 85       
Wellp In all the fun I was having I think I found a bug:

I Ripped a Self-Illumination map from A10 and there's a empty big transparent border around it(not supposed to be): It's cropping some of the details, and you can tell when you lay this image over the diffuse map

EDIT: I figured it out. It's working properly now

Krita assumes that unless a layer contains any sort of RGB or greyscale data that a layer is 100% transparent(because Krita is a paint-program, not a photo editor). SO! In order to look at things like meters, multipurpose, or Self-Illumination maps, you have to Separate the Alpha channel as its own layer first so that the base map has no transparency, BEFORE decompiling the channels. Otherwise Krita will accidentally use the Alpha channel to crop any data outside of it. Be careful
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 07:26 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 06:32 PM    Msg. 83 of 85       
I don't think it's even possible for the utility to do that. It literally just opens the dds, reads the settings from the header, makes a bitmap tag, fills in the header info, and copies the pixel data over. The only modifications to the pixel data that it does is for cubemaps, and that simply involves rearranging the faces and mipmaps.

This is because for dds files, mipmaps and cubemap faces are arranged like so:
face0_mip0, face0_mip1, face0_mip2, ...
face1_mip0, face1_mip1, face1_mip2, ...
face2_mip0, face2_mip1, face2_mip2, ...
face3_mip0, face3_mip1, face3_mip2, ...
face4_mip0, face4_mip1, face4_mip2, ...
face5_mip0, face5_mip1, face5_mip2, ...

For pc bitmap tags the arrangement is like so:
face0_mip0, face1_mip0, face2_mip0, face3_mip0, face4_mip0, face5_mip0,
face0_mip1, face1_mip1, face2_mip1, face3_mip1, face4_mip1, face5_mip1,
face0_mip2, face1_mip2, face2_mip2, face3_mip2, face4_mip2, face5_mip2,

Other than rearranging the ordering, I don't touch the pixel data other than to copy it over. Xbox bitmap tags actually use the dds cubemap face ordering. Now that I think about it though, the second and third cubemap faces in bitmap tags need to be swapped when converting to/from pc/xbox bitmaps, so the same might be true between dds images and bitmap tags. IOW I'll need someone to test if the cubemaps that this utility makes need to have faces 2 and 3 swapped.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 9, 2017 at 06:42 PM

OrangeJuice

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 07:59 PM    Msg. 84 of 85       
Oh also, The cubemap thing is exactly what I tested. I have the DirectX SDK installed, and I used the DirectX Texture Tool.

This tool doesn't use T-maps, when I made that cubemap test ^ this tool forced me to import every face individually. I had to tear apart the cubemap in Krita and save the faces as 6 separate images.

Since I don't have any programs that read DDS files, I don't really know if it saved them in the T-shape or not... For all I know, it probably saved them as those weird blue-outline thingies that the HEK uses, probably not :/

But it worked, and that's what that image up there is. All faces match perfectly with the cubemap from A10 :)
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 9, 2017 at 08:04 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:15 PM    Msg. 85 of 85       
That weird blue outline thing is a HEK Tool specific thing that only applies to the source image. When the image is compiled into a bitmap, the blue outline doesnt exist anywhere in the tags pixel data. It's literally just for tool to tell where you are defining sprites and other images. The pixel data of each face is stored in the exact order I described above.

The chunks of pixel data for each face are literally right next to each other in the file. Like, you could literally just change the bitmap to a 2d texture and multiply the height by 6 to get a valid looking image. It'd look like this:

That T shape is just the programs way of showing you what it should look like as a cubemap.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 9, 2017 at 11:23 PM

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:08 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website