A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »wounded marines and reviving

Author Topic: wounded marines and reviving (25 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ScarFOx

This twisted game needs to be reset - Pixy 1995

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 05:55 PM    Msg. 1 of 25       
It's me again ;D

I created a simple concept of the whole wounded system in halo. So basically I'm trying to make it like in other games where marines would get down making you or the ai revive them. Pretty much it I'll have more of a base in the future. The whole point is to make your marines last longer. Hate it when a marines with only 0.1 hp gets into your hog vs a marines with 100% HP? Well that's fixed. Marines have a chance of getting down at between 0.1 or 0.2 health then goes down to a wounded state. After the revive action done by you/ai or weapon the marine should get back up starting at 50% health. That's all I have to say.

https://youtu.be/Vf2yQdSPFbY

Ideas that I came up with from these. https://youtu.be/zdDwk048asE?t=1m46s
https://youtu.be/LygX9iTa7kg

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 11:07 PM    Msg. 2 of 25       
You should probably use biped boarding with an animation of helping the marine on his feet rather than meeleeing them to life.

ScarFOx

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 11:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
You should probably use biped boarding with an animation of helping the marine on his feet rather than meeleeing them to life.
but then I need animations D:

DeadHamster

https://discord.gg/Neu4EJM

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 11:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
but then I need animations D:

What method are you using at the moment to revive them? Scripted sequence, or is it all tag based? Tag based of course is the better option, just curious what you did to get it working like this.

Negative damage/ negative multiplier on the melee?

SBB_Michelle

This site brings me pain.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 11:43 PM    Msg. 5 of 25       
opensauce actor variant transformations

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 01:12 AM    Msg. 6 of 25       
This is pretty cool idea. But you should script it so when they go down a device machine gets attached and detached to the unit, and when that devices power is set to 1 it either generates a negative damage effect to put them in a state where they revive or have it run a script.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 04:17 AM    Msg. 7 of 25       
Continuous blood sport? Honestly did not think that was possible.

The Hunters will be pleased.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 10:06 AM    Msg. 8 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
This is pretty cool idea. But you should script it so when they go down a device machine gets attached and detached to the unit, and when that devices power is set to 1 it either generates a negative damage effect to put them in a state where they revive or have it run a script.

Although that's probably the best way, if there's a way to do it without scripts it'd be preferable.

You'd have to monitor the health of all the characters it would apply to and have enough devices for all of them in the event that all of them went down. That means named bipeds and devices for all the characters. Unless of course there's some method I'm not aware of that let's you target individual actors within a squad based on some type of variable.

If it was me, I'd use OpenSauce's actor switching and give the second actor's biped a seat, make the revive animation the animation for the entrance to the seat and then tie an effect onto that to dealt damage to the marines only via damage multipliers. After the new actors took that damage they would switch back to the first actor.

I'm assuming if you can use a threshold of .1 to swap to the wounded marine, you could use a threshold of .1 to swap back. Giving the marine .2 health would make all weapon damage instantly kill the downed marine, but the revive effect would only deal .1 triggering the swap.

But that's without having opened guerilla or having ever looked into OpenSauce's actor swapping, so meh who knows if it'd work.

Masters1337

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 12:59 PM    Msg. 9 of 25       
If you want it to be possible by pressing the action key you'd have to use scripts. It be easiest to just place a biped and use that to attach the device control and attach that biped to a squad and encounter.

You could do it just with actor variants, but you'd need to refill their health and health can not be stopped being added, so you could essentially exploit whatever method to give them 20000000 health.

ScarFOx

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 03:11 PM    Msg. 10 of 25       
Those could be done but the whole plan was to make another weapon.equipment you choose to have does less damage because the main role is to heal/revive. Just wanted it to be like in this https://youtu.be/AR-TM2VdOIs?t=37s https://youtu.be/LOxGKuFJrbs?t=34s Where all you is throw or pull out something like that next target a marine then he's revived. This was done with the OS transformed where it's mostly about HP range and damage from the player biped. Infection forms will infect the wounded marines the same just like any other unit like in halo 3 no worries. The main point is to make levels a bit more dynamic without "insert waypoint do this." I may have a revive limit or chance of death so something like this doesn't happen -.- https://youtu.be/6-tdHTQF36g?t=8s

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 06:05 PM    Msg. 11 of 25       
nothing heals bullet wounds faster and easier than a few superpowered punches to the face

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 07:39 PM    Msg. 12 of 25       
If you want it to be possible by pressing the action key you'd have to use scripts. It be easiest to just place a biped and use that to attach the device control and attach that biped to a squad and encounter.

You could do it just with actor variants, but you'd need to refill their health and health can not be stopped being added, so you could essentially exploit whatever method to give them 20000000 health.

Just opened guerilla to check on all this; Units can have seats, as always. In OpenSauce those seats can be boarded, and when those seats are boarded an effect can be activated.

The effect doesnt heal, it deals damage. A tiny bit of damage that then triggers the actor variant to swap back to the original marine.

Basically;

Marine takes damage, transforms into wounded marine with 2 health.

Wounded marine has a seat with a built in I board seat using the action button, it plays a revive animation.

When the seat is boarded an AOE effect is dropped that deals exactly 1 damage to only marine material types.

When the wounded marine has 1 health, he transforms into the standard marine

The standard marine gets up and continues to fight.

This avoids any scripts and allows the tags to be modular. I can drop them in any map and they should work the same.

Masters1337

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 08:07 PM    Msg. 13 of 25       
While most of that would work, you'd have the issue of losing frames to get the player into the biped, plus it would hinder your movement as you'd have to get in the seat and then get out.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 08:39 PM    Msg. 14 of 25       
While most of that would work, you'd have the issue of losing frames to get the player into the biped, plus it would hinder your movement as you'd have to get in the seat and then get out.

Bah, hadn't even considered having to exit the vehicle. Although I'm honestly more interested in what would happen if the actor_variant transformed when I was inside one of it's Unit's seats. Would it eject me, delete me, or just crash the game.

Can you even "board" a seat if it's unoccupied? That's one bit I left out; as you know you can only have 8 built-in gunner AI at any one time, and if you want to load a seat any other way it'd take a script which throws the whole thing out.

I'm a huge fan of scripting and I've done some creative things with it, but tag-based solutions are always preferable IMO.

ScarFOx

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 02:56 PM    Msg. 15 of 25       
Plus with actor transforms it deletes any attached units meaning if you're still stuck in the marine you'll get deleted too. I haven't really tried it but what I seen may have the same effect on the player

Masters1337

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 03:35 PM    Msg. 16 of 25       
You can have it eject the riders now when the unit is dead, so checking that flag should fix it.

ScarFOx

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 03:50 PM    Msg. 17 of 25       
You can have it eject the riders now when the unit is dead, so checking that flag should fix it.
maybe that could work

HaloAU

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 07:17 AM    Msg. 18 of 25       
This would be cool to see in SPV3 but hearing about the script limitations makes me think it won't.

xnx

h2 marine anims or i detonate the vest

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 07:49 PM    Msg. 19 of 25       

He's just performing Spartan II CPR

HeyPiRon

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 04:35 AM    Msg. 20 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: HaloAU
This would be cool to see in SPV3 but hearing about the script limitations makes me think it won't.

Would be cool for this guy.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 01:05 PM    Msg. 21 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx

He's just performing Spartan II CPR

Ew visor to visor. Pls no just let me die with dignity.

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 02:58 AM    Msg. 22 of 25       
Quote: --- Original message by: HeyPiRon

https://preview.ibb.co/iDUadv/guy.jpg

Cool to see people actually found those areas. Although there should be another door there...

Maybe I'll look into it.

HeyPiRon

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 04:10 AM    Msg. 23 of 25       

Cool to see people actually found those areas. Although there should be another door there...

Maybe I'll look into it.

Second contains overshield. I found both.

HaloAU

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 03:44 PM    Msg. 24 of 25       

Maybe I'll look into it.

It could be like a cool side mission. Find and rescue barricaded marines, and have that affect the later game.

ScarFOx

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 03:04 PM    Msg. 25 of 25       

Maybe I'll look into it.

It could be like a cool side mission. Find and rescue barricaded marines, and have that affect the later game.

"I need a medic quick do you copy?"

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 4:06 AM 765 ms.
A Halo Maps Website