A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Haloscript plugin for Notepad++

Author Topic: [Release] Haloscript plugin for Notepad++ (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 04:07 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Teh Lag developed this for development on SPV3 and TSC:E. Basically, it makes haloscript a language in notepad++, meaning it will highlight different words in different colors depending on their function.

To install, import the xml file as a user defined language in notepad++

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1roqigsoqps2yeb/Haloscript.xml?dl=0
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 19, 2017 at 04:08 PM

Spiral

I hope i'm out of the way

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 04:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       

A+

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 04:44 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
I've rigged one of these up myself. Does yours have all the commands/globals? I'm missing quite a few that I have to add in as I go along.

Also, does this work with actual BLAMscript, or is it for that bologna you guys put through a processor? I was incredibly disappointed I needed to download python to read the scripts CMT used in their Evolved source release.

OrangeJuice

I laugh at people who put STUDIO in their names.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 05:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Heh I also made one years ago :)

It's been in the halomaps downloads for forever.

---Yup, I have the same question as above

Masters1337

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 06:07 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
This one has all the commands and globals as far as I know up to OS4.

That stupid python app for the TSC files isn't needed for anything we did with SPV3 or a requirement of the pre-processor (which is amazing when you are doing a project like SPV3.

Lag did the scripts in a way I think is ridiculous even if it is "correct" from a programmers perspective and it had a crippling effect on the game in the end.

Edit: To answer your question it works with both hsh, hs, and hsc files. So pre processed and regular files.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 19, 2017 at 06:08 PM

Nickster5000

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 07:08 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Sweet.

Thank you for posting this, and thank you teh lag for making it!

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 11:30 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

This one has all the commands and globals as far as I know up to OS4.

That stupid python app for the TSC files isn't needed for anything we did with SPV3 or a requirement of the pre-processor (which is amazing when you are doing a project like SPV3.

Lag did the scripts in a way I think is ridiculous even if it is "correct" from a programmers perspective and it had a crippling effect on the game in the end.

Edit: To answer your question it works with both hsh, hs, and hsc files. So pre processed and regular files.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 19, 2017 at 06:08 PM

Oooo, even has opensauce commands.

Isnt the python app the preprocessor itself? I just looked and saw the scripts werent in blamscript and closed it all back up.

Yeah I suppose having that preprocessor is probably nice in its own way. However it's obnoxious to release a "source" that needs be compiled before its usable as a source. Im not gonna install python or use that processsor, especially for one map. I was excited to see how CMT structured blamscript and what tricks you use, only to discover you guys dont use blamscript.

Like buying a how-to guide that you need a decoder ring to read.

Although I understand CMT and CMT arent the same group, not blaming you just complaining.

Edit : orangejuice i actually used yours as a starting point IIRC. Yours or the other one for DL. Lots missing though. Almost no globals, and confusing color distinctions between commands/globals etc.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 19, 2017 at 11:33 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 01:06 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
The python app is just for removing blank spaces. SPV3 uses the pre-processor to define a globals script tag (which we commonly refer to as back end scripts) which says what vehicles/weapon/AA that is dependent on scripts is in a map, and then loads a list of each object name and ties it to it's corresponding script. So when we make changes to an AA, gun firing mode, vehicle health system or attached function (boarding use to be one before it was tag based, and boost was as well, and the only surviving one is EMP) we just recompile the pre-processed scripts, it makes a new file in it's appropriate location and we just hit compile scripts in sapien.

I do want to make our system public, but there is a lot of old garbage in there that needs to be removed that is buggy, needs documentation, or flat out doesn't work.

bandinada5

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 01:01 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
actually, it's nice plugin. it feels like, notepad++ supported haloscript lol
Edited by bandinada5 on Jan 22, 2017 at 01:04 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 3:38 PM 641 ms.
A Halo Maps Website