A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Tag Design Dilemma: The H3 energy sword

Author Topic: Tag Design Dilemma: The H3 energy sword (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 01:15 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
So the SOI and various HR/H4 mods utilise an energy sword that depletes into its 'dead blade-less handle' after using it (primary attack).

The H3 sword however is lacking this effect despite having the models (provided by zteam). How would I go about adding the depletion effect to the zteam sword like SOI did?

Currently when you swing with the zteam sword it seems to be infinite and never wastes energy. I already tried altering the weapon tag to mirror the SOI sword but obviously a certain effect is missing...

If someone can guide me to make the H3 sword like SOI's I'd really appreciate it.

TLDR: What is the effect or tags SOI uses that makes the sword deplete and turn into the 'dead blade-less handle' model?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jan 20, 2017 at 01:18 AM
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jan 20, 2017 at 01:19 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 12:27 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Take the working tag and replace the models.

Take your H4 tag, replace the model and fp model with the halo 3's sword.

Open the .gbxmodel of the Halo 3 sword and compare the marker names to the H4 sword.

If the markers use different names, Rename the markers (NOT NODES) using Kornman00 to match the appropriate markers on the working tag.

The game uses markers to attach effects.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 20, 2017 07:18 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
So basically I just set that bad boy up in Guerrilla and then swap the models for the Halo 3 stuff?

I got a feeling ill get my usual error towards the end. Ill give it a shot.

I have troubles with Kornman sometimes when editing models. Sapien always sooks about some error #3157 #16 is not a valid gbxmodel_geometry_block index in [#0,#15) if I attempt to play with any model related things. Would be nice if it actually said what areas or tabs needed attention instead of giving me random numbers...

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 09:45 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
So basically I just set that bad boy up in Guerrilla and then swap the models for the Halo 3 stuff?

I got a feeling ill get my usual error towards the end. Ill give it a shot.

I have troubles with Kornman sometimes when editing models. Sapien always sooks about some error #3157 #16 is not a valid gbxmodel_geometry_block index in [#0,#15) if I attempt to play with any model related things. Would be nice if it actually said what areas or tabs needed attention instead of giving me random numbers...

That error means you have too many geometries in the gbxmodel. 16 is the max (0-15), and you added another.
Look for the dropdown box called geometries and make sure theres not too many, or that none of them have bad data like a name or value thats missing or incorrect.

You dont need to add or delete anything. Just renaming markers.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 21, 2017 at 09:46 AM

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 09:52 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Oh no I meant that is the general error I get.

I did the sword, I just replaced the models. Easy.

...Now... Back to the damn pickup icons...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun April 21, 2019 9:20 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website