A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Is something wrong on my end or is 98% of people playing on halo maps?

Author Topic: Is something wrong on my end or is 98% of people playing on halo maps? (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MasterCook

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 11:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 13       
I recall playing the game 5 years ago and aside from blood gulch, most people played on custom maps. However right now from the looks of it, most are playing on stock halo maps.
The the few that aren't stock maps that I often see are somewhat populated are bigassv2, extinction, coldsnap and sometimes the flood series. Is everyone experiencing this? Also any reason this is the way it is?

Of course there's tons of custom maps but they're all empty of people.

As an aside, does anyone know any good maps that are simillar to the flood series? A multiplayer experience of single player maps that take the user on an adventure? Something that they could bring their friends along into the server.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 12:34 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
If you are looking for AI maps, SPV3 released last June, I don't believe it's on halomaps so you can download it at reddit.com/r/halospv3 or haloce3.com

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 12:46 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       
Spv3 is not multiplayer

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 12:51 AM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Multiplayer AI maps aren't really multiplayer either.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 23, 2017 at 12:52 AM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 02:19 AM    Msg. 5 of 13       
Not a lot of people play the variety of custom maps anymore. Relative to the number of people playing stock anyway. That's just how it's gotten.

Don't know what the flood series is but this is a cool map that's been released recently.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49942
It's got AI and the adventure is the one you make yourself. AI don't sync online though so you'll be playing it by yourself.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 05:22 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Not a lot of people play the variety of custom maps anymore. Relative to the number of people playing stock anyway. That's just how it's gotten.

What are you even talking about? Ever since HAC2 came out custom maps got a lot more popular. Before that there were only a few servers with custom maps like coldsnap and extinction but now there are a lot more servers with different maps.

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 06:43 AM    Msg. 7 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: MasterCook
I recall playing the game 5 years ago and aside from blood gulch, most people played on custom maps. However right now from the looks of it, most are playing on stock halo maps.
The the few that aren't stock maps that I often see are somewhat populated are bigassv2, extinction, coldsnap and sometimes the flood series. Is everyone experiencing this? Also any reason this is the way it is?

Of course there's tons of custom maps but they're all empty of people.

As an aside, does anyone know any good maps that are simillar to the flood series? A multiplayer experience of single player maps that take the user on an adventure? Something that they could bring their friends along into the server.

Welp, i made a mod that replaces the graphics of stock maps and makes them look more like modern halo games, i made this mod for people like you that like modded maps but can't find full servers to play them.
https://youtu.be/LTi1NjawWwU

Lateksi

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 03:42 PM    Msg. 8 of 13       
If you enjoy "the floods" try area 53-55 and madness series. I had lots of fun on them both with friends and by myself many years ago.

As for why aren't custom maps played anymore I think it's because majority of the player base today consists of South/Central-American pirates most of whom don't even know you can download or create maps.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 05:02 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
Quite a lot of them download "portable" Halo which includes HAC2 already so they can download maps.

MasterCook

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 09:23 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
Awesome, thanks.

Would it also make the game more suitable for 20+ inch screens at 1080p?

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 01:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
If you mean that the hud won't stretch and that your fov could be higher, then yes.

Bugnotnotthegreat

Soy el homer malo

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 04:11 AM    Msg. 12 of 13       
I haven't seen a server playing on extinction for a long time.

YottaBiter

Circle of Jerks

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 01:34 AM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bugnotnotthegreat
I haven't seen a server playing on extinction for a long time.

dat map's a waste of time time anywaysways...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 7:24 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website