A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »SPV2 actual beta releases

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: SPV2 actual beta releases (72 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 11:35 PM    Msg. 1 of 72       
So as many of you know, the majority of the SPV2 maps released on halomaps are not actually by CMT, and are a fan creation of someone who followed the project and tried to recreate what we had done and shown. Since I got a new PC and copied all the data form my old hard drives to it, I decided to dig up what appears to be the most recent SPV2 beta builds I had. This will hopefully give you all a much better idea of what we had planned and some missions (Halo and AOTCR) are much more playable than they were before with areas having proper triggered encounters and such. You can download here : http://download1525.mediafire.com/dlkazjpkqrcg/ne5xy9n1npm0li4/spv2+official+beta+builds.rar

Do note the following when playing:

1. The Halo sky was from what I remember a brief experiment, with no plan to actually make it nighttime.
2. There is a bad portal in AOTCR that makes it appear like the level ends, but if you drive through it everything will spawn normally and the rest of the geometry will render.
3. D20 has an actual new opening area, let me know what you think because it could be restored for spv3 part 2.
Edited by Masters1337 on Jan 23, 2017 at 11:38 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 12:34 PM    Msg. 2 of 72       
Cool.

Also props to you for linking properly.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 04:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 72       
Thanks masterz1337 :)

ScarFOx

I'm a Ghost I was never here.... -Scott 2018

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 05:29 PM    Msg. 4 of 72       
wrong time to get grounded

Halo Noob Modder117

I'm a sexy alt. account- Halo Maps Community 2017.

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 12:42 AM    Msg. 5 of 72       
You know what would be pretty? This delicious set of custom missions to utilise default Halo tags... With the exception of custom bsp geometries, shaders etc.

I don't know I love heavily modified stuff but sometimes I wish there were massive mods like this one with new encounters and bsps but retain default shaders, weapons, bipeds, vehicles etc.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jan 25, 2017 at 12:43 AM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 01:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 72       

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 07:29 AM    Msg. 7 of 72       
You know how in AOTCR, you said there's a bad portal and if I go through it the rest of the geometry should load?
Well, I went through the portal and now there's a solid wall that says "ARTEEN" and now I really can't progress.
How do I fix this WITHOUT restarting the level? I tried reverting to my last checkpoint but nothing. Is there a "switch_BSP" command I can use?

Here's a video of the bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjI7tPRTnQ&feature=youtu.be
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 07:31 AM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 08:10 AM    Msg. 8 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: GEMIS 037

You know how in AOTCR, you said there's a bad portal and if I go through it the rest of the geometry should load?
Well, I went through the portal and now there's a solid wall that says "ARTEEN" and now I really can't progress.
How do I fix this WITHOUT restarting the level? I tried reverting to my last checkpoint but nothing. Is there a "switch_BSP" command I can use?

Here's a video of the bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVjI7tPRTnQ&feature=youtu.be
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 07:31 AM

Yea, that usually means you reached a switch bsp section. Just try switching between bsps until you find the next one.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 11:24 AM    Msg. 9 of 72       
Why is everything so choppy?

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 11:50 AM    Msg. 10 of 72       
Turns out, I didn't stabilise the video properly. Stabilising is in process.
Anyway, the solid "ARTEEN" wall is a pain.
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 02:24 PM    Msg. 11 of 72       
the solid "ARTEEN" wall is a pain.
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM

As el_douche mentioned you will need to use the switch bsp command to progress to the next part of the level since I'm guessing something is up with the scripts which is preventing the other bsp's from loading.

The command I believe is:

"switch_BSP #"

You'll want to replace "#" with a number although which exact number i'm not too sure of, just work your way up from "1".

Oh and you'll need to be running Halo in dev mode first.

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 04:23 PM    Msg. 12 of 72       
I used the Devmode command "switch_bsp 13".
I tried one number at a time trying to find something the dark blue void. I reached the area I was stuck in when I typed bsp 12, so a realisation struck me and I did the 13th bsp and the next area loaded. Thus De-loading the previous area.

But now there's a new problem. When I load the next bsp, it doesn't load any enemies, and when I reach the end of it, there's a new "ARTEEN" wall for the 14th bsp which also doesn't load any enemies.

How do I fix this? How do I make the enemies load?

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 05:07 PM    Msg. 13 of 72       
I used the Devmode command "switch_bsp 13".
I tried one number at a time trying to find something the dark blue void. I reached the area I was stuck in when I typed bsp 12, so a realisation struck me and I did the 13th bsp and the next area loaded. Thus De-loading the previous area.

But now there's a new problem. When I load the next bsp, it doesn't load any enemies, and when I reach the end of it, there's a new "ARTEEN" wall for the 14th bsp which also doesn't load any enemies.

How do I fix this? How do I make the enemies load?

You're not hitting a trigger volume that starts the next sequence. If you've ever escaped a BSP in Halo 2, you'll notice the same thing. That trigger volume would switch the BSP and also begin the next spawn of AI. Because you never hit that, despite switching manually to the next BSP, CMT's scripts are still waiting for a condition that haven't been met.

Making it simple; You're at step D. You need to hit the trigger volume to get to Step E, or else the game will never start step F.

How to fix? You can't. You'd have to pore through the scripts, identify the trigger volume that's missing, and then find it in the scenario. Move it to the proper location, and then begin recompiling the scripts and rebuilding the map. The Trigger volume is in the map, Sapien won't compile scripts if a trigger volume that's called for doesn't exist, which means that the trigger volume you're not hitting is somewhere in the Scenario. Just not in the location you're going through.

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 05:26 PM    Msg. 14 of 72       
Well, after BSP 13, 14 and 15(I think), the next order is bsp 5, (Where you find light bridges that are impassible because you fall through and can't spawn a banshee, so you'll need to flycam your way accross) and then bsp 1, where you finally reach "Rolling Thunder"

Talk about an unfinished map. If the triggers aren't in the same location as the portals, it was a bit of a challenge to figure out the bsp numbers after devmode commanding one number at a time. But I pulled through.

I just wonder how broken the other SPv2 maps are. I'll continue to post on this page if I find any more problems with the official maps.

With the BSPs in AOTCR, it's amazing to see how ambitious the project was, they all look awesome. Too bad I had to go through it by switching BSPs manually.

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 12:48 AM    Msg. 15 of 72       
If you use a script extractor/viewer you might be able to identify how to load some of the encounters. I don't think the lightbridge area was ever fully finished with encounters. But I really love a lot of what we did with AOTCR in SPV2, lots of cool BSP areas that were really long and fun. I may have the max files somwhere to release.

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 06:58 AM    Msg. 16 of 72       
I don't really know how to use a script extractor. So I'll just post here.

I like how D40 has a new starting area. But of course there are flaws in it's design.
For starters there are many void doorways that are dead ends.

I love the concept of the broken covenant doors and I give a 9.5/10 on their animation. But when the broken doors are open, they're JUST too narrow for me to go through as they're my only sense of direction, so I have to flycam my way through.

I come across a small room with a broken door and a drop-off. The broken door leads to a void dead end, and the drop-off leads to a massive room with multiple dead ends when you look at the doorways, except for one which leads to a section of hallways with more dead ends. So I have literally no way of knowing which way I need to go to progress, and switching bsps manually for over a dozen void dead ends would be both time consuming and futile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpJ9-NwWj8&feature=youtu.be
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 3, 2017 at 07:02 AM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 10:37 AM    Msg. 17 of 72       
Yep, you are posting bugs on something long abandoned.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 11:09 AM    Msg. 18 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Yep, you are posting bugs on something long abandoned.

He/She/Herm is new tho.

GEMIS 037

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 11:26 AM    Msg. 19 of 72       
Overall, SPv2 was a very ambitious and impressive mod. I rate it 7/10.

Y'know what would be exiting? If C10 and D20 were bigger in SPv3.

C10: Make the level start out normal; So that at first, the swamp at the start is the same, and the underground complex to the flood containment room is also the same.
But when we try to escape, replace the geometry (the one we're all used to) of the way out with an entirely new BSP that's far more complex and challenging. I remember getting lost the 1st time I played Halo 1. I want to get lost down there again. It'll bring back vibes we all got when we first played it. Memories of fear and confusion as we tried to escape. And when we exit the facility, make the swamp bigger, more complex, and more scary/ambient. That would be an exhilarating experience.

D20: Again with the idea from above. SPv2's version of D20 was surprising because we start in a new area of the ship. It'd be good to have this expanded upon in SPv3. And like my suggestion for C10, make D20's swamp even bigger and more complex. If you can.
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Feb 3, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Masters1337

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 04:27 AM    Msg. 20 of 72       
We decided in part 2 to cut back on the new areas, there are less hooks to explouit in the second half of the game, so only 2 betrayals and maw are getting them. On the plus side, there is a bonus mission, so that should make up for the lack of new areas. No one needs to be going around more covenant hallways.

theshadow0222

"Oh, no."

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 05:42 AM    Msg. 21 of 72       
SPV2 is still equally impressive and evil, especially on legendary in the mission halo. Look at all the new areas! What's that? Your more concerned by the fact your in a constant state of explosion? No need to worry, you have a checkpoint three encounters ago!

Still, fun and impressively large.

Halonimator

Halo5gsucks.com

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 07:58 PM    Msg. 22 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
We decided in part 2 to cut back on the new areas, there are less hooks to explouit in the second half of the game, so only 2 betrayals and maw are getting them. On the plus side, there is a bonus mission, so that should make up for the lack of new areas. No one needs to be going around more covenant hallways.

Equally as garbage as your persona. Is this a joke sp map? he only changed some weapons of the vanilla map and added some weird bsp's.
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 22, 2017 at 07:59 PM

not m00kz

are you pecking kidding me

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 08:44 PM    Msg. 23 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Equally as garbage as your persona. Is this a joke sp map? he only changed some weapons of the vanilla map and added some weird bsp's.

considerar el suicidio

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 09:09 PM    Msg. 24 of 72       

¿Se hablas en espanol?

EmmanuelCD

Using fox avatar since 1893

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 10:01 PM    Msg. 25 of 72       

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Equally as garbage as yo mismo. Is this a joke sp map? he only changed some weapons of the vanilla map and added some weird bsp's.

FTFY

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz

considerar el suicidio

"Considera suicidarte"

FTFY

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

¿Se hablas en espanol?

"¿Hablas español?"

FTFY

Pleas avoid using Google Translate, it only replaces words, and almost all the time ignores spanish gramatics..

Getting killed in 3, 2, 1...

not m00kz

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 02:45 AM    Msg. 26 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Pleas avoid using Google Translate, it only replaces words, and almost all the time ignores spanish gramatics..

Getting killed in 3, 2, 1...

yeah ok, let me just spend years to learn to speak a language that's isn't God's language.. american

if anybody should stop using google translate it's this scumbag

Edited by not m00kz on Feb 23, 2017 at 02:49 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 12:56 PM    Msg. 27 of 72       
I wasnt asking IF he speaks spanish. I know he does. i was asking if he WOULD speak in spanish.

I couldve just said "Vayas chingarte punta", how's my conjugation on that? ;)

PS google translate has come leaps and bounds and is actually fairly decent with grammar.

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 01:06 PM    Msg. 28 of 72       
Murican isn't a language it's a lifestyle.

If you want some culture learn English or English.

Alternatively if you want to really impress learn English.

not m00kz

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 01:18 PM    Msg. 29 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

I say good sir, allow me to inquire, what are these curious concepts you're offering to the members of this fine community

you aren't worth a tablespoon of nightengale droppings you silly nit. do i look british to you, my fine chap? actually, don't answer that... david bowie... right

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 01:32 PM    Msg. 30 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

I say good sir, allow me to inquire, what are these curious concepts you're offering to the members of this fine community

you aren't worth a tablespoon of nightengale droppings you silly nit. do i look british to you, my fine chap? actually, don't answer that... david bowie... right

It's Nightingale. You un-cultured bitch.

Jk not-mookz I love you, never change.

not m00kz

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 04:57 PM    Msg. 31 of 72       
i bet you super flunked out of grade school

jk bby but im not a rapper

Edited by not m00kz on Feb 23, 2017 at 05:00 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 05:49 PM    Msg. 32 of 72       
I have a bunch of old spv2 builds, are they worth sharing masterz?

EmmanuelCD

Using fox avatar since 1893

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 09:01 PM    Msg. 33 of 72       
You should try to learn another language anyway, I know both Spanish and English, and I'm aiming to learn German.

This builds of SPV2 needs OS?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 09:15 PM    Msg. 34 of 72       
No these are pre OS.

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 12:55 AM    Msg. 35 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
You should try to learn another language anyway, I know both Spanish and English, and I'm aiming to learn German.

This builds of SPV2 needs OS?

Go with Dutch (Flemish) instead of German.
German is basically what Dutch sounds like if it were yelled by an angry boar.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 22, 2017 4:52 PM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website