A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »SPV2 actual beta releases

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next
Author Topic: SPV2 actual beta releases (72 messages, Page 2 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 05:41 AM    Msg. 36 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
You should try to learn another language anyway, I know both Spanish and English, and I'm aiming to learn German.

This builds of SPV2 needs OS?

Go with Dutch (Flemish) instead of German.
German is basically what Dutch sounds like if it were yelled by an angry boar.

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 07:21 AM    Msg. 37 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
You should try to learn another language anyway, I know both Spanish and English, and I'm aiming to learn German.

This builds of SPV2 needs OS?

Go with Dutch (Flemish) instead of German.
German is basically what Dutch sounds like if it were yelled by an angry boar.

Bu- bu- but it could be worse!

Danish

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 10:13 AM    Msg. 38 of 72       
Just English.

The only language that you will ever need.

The Master

~En Lepanto la victoria y la muerte en Trafalgar~

Posted: Feb 25, 2017 06:20 AM    Msg. 39 of 72       
English is doomed with Trump and Brexit, deberías empezar a hablar español, resurgiremos de nuestras cenizas como glorioso fénix de ojos negros y raza hispana!

Super Flanker

Posted: Feb 25, 2017 07:40 PM    Msg. 40 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
English is doomed with Trump and Brexit, deberías empezar a hablar español, resurgiremos de nuestras cenizas como glorioso fénix de ojos negros y raza hispana!

Pfft there are literally hundreds of countries with a wealth of natural resources which we can easily overthrow and force our ideals upon.

Infact if all does go to pot as you suggest we could be moving back with our old chums in India!

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 07:24 PM    Msg. 41 of 72       
finally got to this, its different from the other spv2, also that keyes new area is spooky, i like it, especially the big room with the little exploding tunnel. should be in the next one, best feeling is that it really feels like the ship is infested bad

GEMIS 037

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 04:25 AM    Msg. 42 of 72       
Exploding tunnel?
When I load up that mission, I just end up with a bunch of empty corridors and dead ends. Here's a video on it that I uploaded just last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpJ9-NwWj8
Edited by GEMIS 037 on Mar 3, 2017 at 04:26 AM

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 02:34 PM    Msg. 43 of 72       
You need to fiddle with the different BSPs to get the ones that work, as there arent any working switches in it.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 07:29 PM    Msg. 44 of 72       

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 10:00 PM    Msg. 45 of 72       
that untextured rooom is mysterious

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 07:15 AM    Msg. 46 of 72       

I don't understand...

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:02 AM    Msg. 47 of 72       
"Played like a damn fiddle."

-

Btw, I like how this has Lods.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:08 AM    Msg. 48 of 72       
As opposed to....?

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 02:41 PM    Msg. 49 of 72       
What do you think? Spv3 has no lods, that is why it performs so bad in some maps.

And I know it's model geometry because that is built on the CPU first and then sent to the gpu. And coincidentally the CPU is working at full speed (a 4ghz 6-core, ce can only use 2 cores for rendering) while the Graphics processor uses on 15% at most. I know you are incapable of comprehending the concept of optimization, Masterz1337. But you need these lower detail models in the distance so this old badly optimized engine can actually run well.

Another piece of proof that it is model geometry is that I can turn off all effects and the fps doesn't change, heck I can run the game at 4k resolution and it still has the same fps, so it isn't textures.

For reference I run games like DOOM2016 at 80fps 1080p high settings, and no current gen game gives me issues like spv3 does.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Mar 8, 2017 at 02:44 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 04:45 PM    Msg. 50 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

I don't understand...

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You need to fiddle with the different BSPs to get the ones that work, as there arent any working switches in it.

Another use for the word "fiddle" is to describe a bowed string musical instrument. You might know them better as violins.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 05:15 PM    Msg. 51 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

What do you think? Spv3 has no lods, that is why it performs so bad in some maps.

And I know it's model geometry because that is built on the CPU first and then sent to the gpu. And coincidentally the CPU is working at full speed (a 4ghz 6-core, ce can only use 2 cores for rendering) while the Graphics processor uses on 15% at most. I know you are incapable of comprehending the concept of optimization, Masterz1337. But you need these lower detail models in the distance so this old badly optimized engine can actually run well.

Another piece of proof that it is model geometry is that I can turn off all effects and the fps doesn't change, heck I can run the game at 4k resolution and it still has the same fps, so it isn't textures.

For reference I run games like DOOM2016 at 80fps 1080p high settings, and no current gen game gives me issues like spv3 does.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Mar 8, 2017 at 02:44 PM

lol, see I know you are a moron because you didn't even bother to go into SPV3 and use the debug command for LODs to see what objects have them. Objects that are high poly, common and not subject to garbage collection have LODs, things that are always or almost always close to the camera don't receive them. We also have model data limits to be concerned about, so we have to pick and chose where LODs are used.

Here is your proof jackass.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cam8inp9ipxe0g0/Halo%202017-03-08_17-02-41.jpg

http://hhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/yiergqhqy6i5itm/Halo%202017-03-08_17-04-25.jpg]hhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/yiergqhqy6i5itm/Halo%202017-03-08_17-04-25.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwb4u16ktjorcop/Halo%202017-03-08_17-02-31.jpg
And these are from the first 5 minutes of the campaign.

I don't know what your specs are, but the mod performs well what we saw were acceptable performance. We have this thing running at a solid 30 FPS 720p on machines that are using integrated graphics going back to 2012, and it performs well enough on our testers hardware going back to 2009. The biggest performance culprit is OS additions, of which there are obvious problems of optimizing given their hacked on nature.

But we have options for people who need to disable those, if they are indeed running on significantly older machines. Go back to importing bitmaps or whatever you have to contribute.

And learn to do some research before you make accusations.

Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 8, 2017 at 05:19 PM
Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 8, 2017 at 05:20 PM

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 05:37 PM    Msg. 52 of 72       
Objects that are high poly.

Call me a fool of semantics but the use of the term "high poly" isn't entirely correct in this instance as "high poly" originally was coined way back to differentiate between low resolution production meshes and intricately detailed high resolution meshes which were used to afford more detail to low res meshes via the process of baking.

Nowadays there seems to be a rotten trend developing wherein which individuals choose to casually term objects of a higher detailed nature than usual as "high-poly" which as I mentioned above is categorically incorrect as it muddles the difference between a true high resolution mesh and just a model with a slightly higher triangle count than usual.

For those equally preturbed by this shocking developmemt I have developed a remedey of sorts.

- From now on use these terms in the appropriate circumstances or suffer my wrath!-

- low poly: Upto 20,000 tris (commonly used to reference a typical game suitable mesh, or any object with low memory demands.)

- medium poly: Upto 60,000 tris (used sparingly within games of yesteryear, almost exclusively reserved for hero sequences or props which demand an unusually abnormal amount of detail for solo sequences)

- high poly: 60,000 tris +(best found in movie production though can also be found used in instances to transfer details to a low resolution equivelant thus increasing it's asthetic quality whilst impacting minimamly upon resources)

Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 8, 2017 at 05:40 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 07:54 PM    Msg. 53 of 72       
solid 30 FPS 720p

That must be a joke, I know 30fps is the right amount of fps for those systems. The thing is getting it to run above 30fps, some places in spv3 go down to 40fps for no reason.

I also like how you are showing lods that are basically useless, they are in most cases too close to the actual object. Adding to that you tried to show a stock bungie model as proof you have lods.

The stuff you are shooting at has to have lods and not only the stuff that stands right next to you.

A gtx 770 should not be getting 40fps in a lot of areas, but it isn't the graphics card as I said before as that thing only uses 15% of it's processing power.

Quote: We also have model data limits to be concerned about, so we have to pick and chose where LODs are used.

There is a simple solution to that, just make the lods lower poly, that frees up space, from what I have seen right now the lods were just thrown at multi-res or pro-optimise and are maybe 80% of the original polycount while they could be 40% without a visual difference because they are far away. Don't make more lods, make less detailed lods so you can make lods for more models.

And while you could go in and give the marines lods, why aren't you giving grunts lods instead?`
I know it doesn't have lods, you can easily check this if you have the spv3 tagset or the realtime editor

Some more images you can check which I will leave as links so this post doesn't get too crowded:
http://i.imgur.com/kpdyOwv.png
http://i.imgur.com/HM7ZtMB.png
http://i.imgur.com/9iZVIf7.png
http://i.imgur.com/8y9bqIz.png
I don't know about this undocumented lod command, but I do know about cold hard readable tags.
There is more cases of frequent objects not having lods, but I think one of the most important ones is the grunt as that thing is canon fodder. So, they are literally everywhere. How is that for "research".

I do get that the model data limit is kind of out of your hands, mainly because the opensauce team assigned really arbitrary memory upgrades. While opensauce has a vertex buffer limit of 48mb I have played maps that get closer to 64mb fine without opensauce even (I know this because I compiled maps with that much, hacked tools ofcourse).

Quote: But we have options for people who need to disable those, if they are indeed running on significantly older machines.

You seem to not have interpreted what I said correctly, as what I said about the options implies the problem is not because of opensauce shading.

Quote: Go back to importing bitmaps or whatever you have to contribute.

Classic Neil, always underestimating everyone around him because of his gigantic ego.

You know, I'm not halonimator, I don't hate you for the sake of hating you and because you accomplished something, that would be dumb. But what I do dislike you for is for all the mistakes you make, and all the false information you spread, the teams you have destroyed in the past that could have created great things had you not interfered, the way you manipulate people into working on spv3 by telling them they could be part of something big and that their projects are just dumb and will be forgotten.

The thing is, I know I am not alone. I talked about this with a lot of people, even people who are in CMT, and they all agree with me. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I am not doing this for the sake of annoying you, I am doing this to point out what you are doing wrong and what could be done better.

Masterz, there is competition past the horizon, I hope you know that. I also hope that it is going to help you make better decisions, because this elitist "I know everything" behavior might just backfire some time soon.

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:14 PM    Msg. 54 of 72       
Cheapest and laziest way to use LODs

This way objects derender in longer distance.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:26 PM    Msg. 55 of 72       
Yeah, I struggle to see why almost no one is doing that, aLTis.

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 08:31 PM    Msg. 56 of 72       
That's.... actually a neat tip, gothic arches and stuff take lots of polies and de-rendering when you leave their room in multiplayer would be great
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 8, 2017 at 08:32 PM

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:02 PM    Msg. 57 of 72       
Even i use lods. Again Mustardz1337 is disapointing us. Learn how to make lods or quit moding. Also, your bounding radios arent good or at least aceptable, worse collision models than my doom remake.
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:00 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:09 PM    Msg. 58 of 72       
solid 30 FPS 720p

That must be a joke, I know 30fps is the right amount of fps for those systems. The thing is getting it to run above 30fps, some places in spv3 go down to 40fps for no reason.

I also like how you are showing lods that are basically useless, they are in most cases too close to the actual object. Adding to that you tried to show a stock bungie model as proof you have lods.

The stuff you are shooting at has to have lods and not only the stuff that stands right next to you.

A gtx 770 should not be getting 40fps in a lot of areas, but it isn't the graphics card as I said before as that thing only uses 15% of it's processing power.

Quote: We also have model data limits to be concerned about, so we have to pick and chose where LODs are used.

There is a simple solution to that, just make the lods lower poly, that frees up space, from what I have seen right now the lods were just thrown at multi-res or pro-optimise and are maybe 80% of the original polycount while they could be 40% without a visual difference because they are far away. Don't make more lods, make less detailed lods so you can make lods for more models.

And while you could go in and give the marines lods, why aren't you giving grunts lods instead?`
I know it doesn't have lods, you can easily check this if you have the spv3 tagset or the realtime editor
http://i.imgur.com/qu5uQWy.png
Some more images you can check which I will leave as links so this post doesn't get too crowded:
http://i.imgur.com/kpdyOwv.png
http://i.imgur.com/HM7ZtMB.png
http://i.imgur.com/9iZVIf7.png
http://i.imgur.com/8y9bqIz.png
I don't know about this undocumented lod command, but I do know about cold hard readable tags.
There is more cases of frequent objects not having lods, but I think one of the most important ones is the grunt as that thing is canon fodder. So, they are literally everywhere. How is that for "research".

I do get that the model data limit is kind of out of your hands, mainly because the opensauce team assigned really arbitrary memory upgrades. While opensauce has a vertex buffer limit of 48mb I have played maps that get closer to 64mb fine without opensauce even (I know this because I compiled maps with that much, hacked tools ofcourse).

Quote: But we have options for people who need to disable those, if they are indeed running on significantly older machines.

You seem to not have interpreted what I said correctly, as what I said about the options implies the problem is not because of opensauce shading.

Quote: Go back to importing bitmaps or whatever you have to contribute.

Classic Neil, always underestimating everyone around him because of his gigantic ego.

You know, I'm not halonimator, I don't hate you for the sake of hating you and because you accomplished something, that would be dumb. But what I do dislike you for is for all the mistakes you make, and all the false information you spread, the teams you have destroyed in the past that could have created great things had you not interfered, the way you manipulate people into working on spv3 by telling them they could be part of something big and that their projects are just dumb and will be forgotten.

The thing is, I know I am not alone. I talked about this with a lot of people, even people who are in CMT, and they all agree with me. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I am not doing this for the sake of annoying you, I am doing this to point out what you are doing wrong and what could be done better.

Masterz, there is competition past the horizon, I hope you know that. I also hope that it is going to help you make better decisions, because this elitist "I know everything" behavior might just backfire some time soon.

You are amazing.

There is nothing I showed from the stock games with LODS.

Marines don't have LODs.

Multiple enemies have LODS, specificly the Brutes and Elites which are the highest poly ones.
If your hard is having issues, that's on your end. The only places you MAY get that is in the alpha base area, or the climb up to the control room. The first is because the person working on it didn't portal it right and we didn't have time to touch it up and run lightmaps near the release. The second is because it's a massive area but the fog culls the geometry and shouldn't be an issue.

Pointing out objects that don't have LODs proves what? That we don't LOD everything? That we chose to focus our time into other things than optimizing FPS for crappy PCs?

This "undocumented" command can be accessed via rasterizer_debug and lets you see everything with an LOD at it's different levels. But of course you rather make accusations that we don't know how to optimize or look through god knows how many model tags.

The model data limit has nothing to do with open sauce, it's a problem tool has when it packages the maps. If there are tools that can be used to bypass that... I'd love to see first hand.

I destroy teams? lol. This is coming from the guy who treated people so poorly they said unanimously that you should go. Maybe you are mad people didn't want to follow you instead with dreamweb or whatever? Since you seem to only be talking about things I said to sean.

I highly doubt you talk to people who are "in" CMT opposed to people who worked with us.

You say you are not doing this to annoy me, but you go around making accusations (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say some are with merit) where you clearly don't know what you are talking about, or why decisions you were made.

I am the last person to pretend I know everything, but when I say something I check to make sure I know first, or I express my curiosity about it. What sets me apart from you is I actually bother to know what I am talking about first, and if I don't know what I am talking about I ask people who do know.

The fact you are even making a big deal out of LODs in the year 2017 for a game from 2001 just shows how little you know, and how little research you've done. You want to do something scientific? Go load up a stock area and an SPV3 area and do an object memory dump, and analyze your FPS and CPU and GPU loads in those areas.

There are problems with SPV3 in certain areas, but LODs is a lazy and dumb rational to explain it. This isn't the first time you have done this either, most of the time I just ignore it like your untrue statement a while back trying to explain effect popping in one of the maps.

Halonimator

https://imgur.com/ZBjOJ4L

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:14 PM    Msg. 59 of 72       
Quote:
solid 30 FPS 720p
Blah mustardz.

Ughh... i dont even bother to read all this BS!, Anyways... it cames from a filthy noob who thinks he is better than anyone just because his mod is the most popular. Maybe with a team i can humiliate this ku#nt.
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:17 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:42 PM    Msg. 60 of 72       
Did you just say the elite and brute are the highest detail models? Because you are mistaken, did you notice that the things I linked were the grunt, hunter, jackal, skirmisher, aka: the highest detail character models in spv3, the ones that were not based off of spv2 assets. No LODs were made for the most widely used and detailed objects in the mod.

(That crewman has lods btw, I can see because his torso is not connected to his body like normal, then again I think the focus of that is a magnum that misses one triangle. W00t, such a good lod)

The model data limit actually is an opensauce thing as it changes the limit from 32mb to 48mb, while 64mb works just fine.

And where are you getting that story of me having a team where everyone left? I actually have a very healthy and motivated team who all are nice to each other and aim to make high quality assets and a big end product. I think you're thinking of IllDucePrimo. (I'm not that guy or a guy, btw)
If you mean the animation "team", that was just a bunch of 12 year old kids that can't even animate good, all they were ever in there for was the spv3 hype, I left that thing myself because you did not act as a lead and I was just fed up with your stupid stuff.

I talked to people like Jesse, beacephal, Sean, ODX, etc.

Dreamweb is not my project, I just help with it sometimes.

And I am talking about lods for a game from 2001, because it was not optimized to have such high detail models or for powerful computers. It is the render thread because you can put the game on gamespeed 0 and it will still take that much cpu power and not actually use any bit of my gpu. A computer that runs current gen games over 60fps at highest settings should not get these kind of performance issues.

And actually, the particle bug actually does get fixed if I do enough garbage collections and delete enemies behind me.

-

You should start thinking before YOU talk, because you clearly aren't thinking this trough.

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:46 PM    Msg. 61 of 72       
Please don't put me in any of this drama, thanks. I'll keep my own opinions to myself.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:49 PM    Msg. 62 of 72       
I think you guys all just need to chill and stop bashing each other as this thread is gonna go nowhere. Also, this weird beef that Haloanimator has with Masterz is amusing to a neutral like me but it's also pretty petty and childish if you think about it. Like c'mon Haloanimator you're like older than 12... aren't you?
Edited by HandofGod on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:51 PM

Kinnet

Don't feed the hand that bites you.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 09:59 PM    Msg. 63 of 72       
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod

I think you guys all just need to chill and stop bashing each other as this thread is gonna go nowhere. Also, this weird beef that Haloanimator has with Masterz is amusing to a neutral like me but it's also pretty petty and childish if you think about it. Like c'mon Haloanimator you're like older than 12... aren't you?
Edited by HandofGod on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:51 PM

He's just crying for attention.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:07 PM    Msg. 64 of 72       
Yeah, honestly I should stop talking to this brick wall and go back to writing the design documents for my projects.

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:09 PM    Msg. 65 of 72       
All these funny arguments make me grin soooo much I can't help but smirk a little as I read them xD

I need to use some of these points for the HEK tuts. big lol
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 10:16 PM    Msg. 66 of 72       
If they were making me purely angry I wouldn't participate in them so much.

It's a balance of laughing your butt off and at the same time also having to defend your points so you don't lose your credibility.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:46 AM    Msg. 67 of 72       
It is stupid, and it's stupid for you to get so angry over things you are not even a part of and don't have the facts on. Feel free to waste your time on it in the future, but if you want to have an actual talk and discuss things my door is always open. For what it's worth, I find you to be misinformed rather than stupid.

SBB_Michelle

I am me!

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 02:59 PM    Msg. 68 of 72       
Well, I realized soon after that it was the gbuffer which lowers fps significantly and kills the cpu. It does still have to do with model detail, but the lag is caused by what opensauce does with it.

I suggest as a little optimization trick that you disable it at the beginning of your maps and toggle it when the visr is toggled. Because as far as I know the visr is the only reason for the gbuffer to even be on.

Super Flanker

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 03:04 PM    Msg. 69 of 72       
I wanted to say something but michelle would probably shout at me.....so meh.

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 04:45 PM    Msg. 70 of 72       
Well, I realized soon after that it was the gbuffer which lowers fps significantly and kills the cpu. It does still have to do with model detail, but the lag is caused by what opensauce does with it.

I suggest as a little optimization trick that you disable it at the beginning of your maps and toggle it when the visr is toggled. Because as far as I know the visr is the only reason for the gbuffer to even be on.

I'll look into it. IIRC back when OS was in dev this wasn't an option, and there were other ideas in place for ambient occlusion as a post processed filter but none of that ever came to be. But back then we also couldn't toggle graphics options via the f7 ui either sooooo.

Page 2 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · 3 · Prev · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 1:39 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website