A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »What if the community made a Halo movie based on the Halo CE engine?

Author Topic: What if the community made a Halo movie based on the Halo CE engine? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

gabrieloup

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 12:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
I mean, something in the level as this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYvTeBonRA
I mean, sure, you might say that it looks crude or obviously fan made, but I'm not expecting Michael Bay quality lens flare shots and explosions everywhere. What I mean is that I'm curious if anyone's actually interested in using the Halo Custom Edition engine as a means to make a Halo film.

What would be the vision? Would it introduce cool stuff like a 007-esque opening and flying Covenant skateboards? Would it mix plot elements from the latter Halo games (Covenant betraying themselves, the Gravemind reveal, Cortana being a horny b***h and then dying, Chief getting hunted by the UNSC)? Would it's art style stick to the traditional Bungie style or bring brand new characters and enemy designs? Would it be a serious movie or a rather comedic and satire, to the point of even referencing other games (adding a BFG9000, Master Chief being a badass and ripping covenant to pieces with his bare hands and having propulsion abilities like in Vanquish)? Would it just be a direct recreation of the original Halo plot and graphics but in a cinematic movie format? And how would any potential sequels work? Same engine? Different one?

I'm not asking for a request. If I REALLY wanted a Halo movie, I'd rather do it all myself (although my computer screen is barely 720p, and it would be cool to see the whole movie be 1080p, or better yet, 4K if that's even possible). I don't have the time for it, and on top of that I think there's already enough "Halo The Movie" YouTube videos already, and maybe branching a different path will probably lead a lot of people to be disappointed. I mean, I can imagine people getting pissed off at seeing a Halo movie that's more comedic, satirical, outlandish and over-the-top than a realistic sci-fi war movie and sending me hate and death mails. But I'm curious what you people (who are reading this, duh) think about it. Would you rather have a Halo movie that's 1/1 accurate or something that takes the Halo story formula and jokes around it as self-reference (like the original Ratchet and Clank games, or Portal, or Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)?

Do you think a Halo fan movie would be cool to see in the Halo CE engine? If so, why? And what style do you think it should stick to?

For those with "TL;DR" syndrome : This is meant to be a discussion board about the idea, nothing more. Not an "I have an idea yet I want other people to do it" thread. I wouldn't be dumb to write one of those since we all know that never works. What I'm saying is that I'm curious what you guys think about the idea of if a Halo fan film would be cool to see on the Halo CE engine, what would be it's style, and if the idea is total dumb, suggest something else and explain why.
Edited by gabrieloup on Jan 24, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 12:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
I stopped reading once I hit "community".

But basically it sounds like you want to make a really long machinima.

Come back to us with a decent script, voice actors, a budget and some doughnuts.

And I'll rally the crew.

gabrieloup

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 12:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
I stopped reading once I hit "community".

But basically it sounds like you want to make a really long machinima.

Come back to us with a decent script, voice actors, a budget and some doughnuts.

And I'll rally the crew.

There's no "community" in the text. There's me. I'm the community. You're my slaves. I demand you to make a Halo movie right naow or my cats will get bored. Obey me, filthy scum. I'm your master. kthnxbai

The point IS to make a really big machinima. The biggest ever made. 60 hours. If you pause the video, press ALT + F4, look away from the screen for any one moment, you die.

So yeah, I already have the script, it's called "Halo 7 : The Holy War". It's starring Kevin Spacey, Mark Hammil, Beyonce and special guest John Romero as Doomguy, also starring Chuck Norris as Jesus Christ. The budget is $600 million. I bought some chocolate donuts but they're all mine.

Seriously though, did anyone even think about doing such a thing before? Why hasn't this been done before? Gamer's Little Playground did such a thing with Halo Reach Director's Cut (which is basically Halo Reach but with cinematic shots taken with the theater mode). Is there something wrong with filming machinima with Halo CE? Is there a pirate curse? On top of that, there was going to be a Halo 3 movie-esque machinima also similar that was also using the theater mode as base, but it was cancelled and only the first video was released portraying the events in the level "Sierra 117". Can't remember the name though.
Edited by gabrieloup on Jan 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM

StormUndBlackbird

https://youtube.com/StormUndBlackbird

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 02:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
I had a plan for such kind of machinima once, but YouTube kept throwing peanuts at me for excessive copyright usage as I progressed with the scenes.

goodbye submarine

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 02:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Isn't that Red vs Blue

gabrieloup

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 04:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
I had a plan for such kind of machinima once, but YouTube kept throwing peanuts at me for excessive copyright usage as I progressed with the scenes.

goodbye submarine

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/053/557/7a5.jpg

...I don't see how that could affect a machinima based on a video game. Otherwise Gamer's Little Playground would be banned from YouTube for eternity and greeted by corporate Satan with his double copyright machineguns.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Isn't that Red vs Blue

No, this is Green vs Yellow. Totally different.

Also, this is Patrick.

AND THIS, IS, SPARTA!

"kicks you into a cesspool"

Grunter

I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 08:16 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Okay, okay, I don't think this guy has the idea for another RvB machinima.

This guy wants to make a Halo Parody fully animated in the Halo 1 engine, probably around an hour in length. (If I were doing something like that, I'd go for 30 minutes, but that's just me.) Not just another RvB type thing.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 03:19 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grunter
Okay, okay, I don't think this guy has the idea for another RvB machinima.

This guy wants to make a Halo Parody fully animated in the Halo 1 engine, probably around an hour in length. (If I were doing something like that, I'd go for 30 minutes, but that's just me.) Not just another RvB type thing.

nothing good can come of this

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 3:13 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website