A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Streaming Using Steam's In-Home Streaming

Author Topic: Streaming Using Steam's In-Home Streaming (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

thaBadfish

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Has anyone tried using Steam's in-home streaming for halo ce?

I have added the game to my Steam library, and attempt to stream it via Nvidia Shield TV, which has a steam app for streaming. When it launches on my TV, I get the Halo logo (starts off letterbox, then stretches to fill the screen) which stays static on the screen. I can hear the halo theme in the background, and can use keyboard to scroll through options and exit the game, but the TV will only display the static logo screen.

My computer that is streaming the game shows it running normally, but for some reason the output to the TV is only the Halo logo.

If i set the game to windowed mode via launch options, the game will open fine on the TV, but won't allow me to select a resolution to fill the screen - my PC monitor is 1080, my TV upscales to 4K. I am trying to either find a way for full screen to work, or a viable windowed mode workaround that fills the screen.

I don't have much experience with steam streaming, but I can confirm that other games work fine using this method, Halo CE is the only game that will not output the full video.

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 12:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
This might be an issue with ce writing straight to the framebuffer which causes certain effects to not work like anti aliasing.

I can not really help as I have no experience with steam streaming though.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 27, 2017 4:42 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website