A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Changing when a biped stumbles?

Author Topic: Changing when a biped stumbles? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

lilpod13

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 12:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I've noticed that whenever a marine is hit by any projectile (even if it does 1 damage) that he will play a stumble animation where he can't do anything for a decent amount of time based on where you hit him. Meanwhile elites, grunts, and jackals only sometimes stumble when they take a considerable amount of damage.

I'd like to be able to change when a character can stumble, but have no idea where to look. I've looked at .biped, .gbxmodel, .collision geometry, and .actor tags but didn't see anything that could point towards a stun animation or when it could be triggered. Does anybody have a clue where I could find anything on how this works? Could it be hard-coded into the engine based on the type of unit the character is? (elite, grunt, marine, etc.)

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 09:43 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
I'm no genius but I bet it has something to do with its animations or damage effects... It's either a simple Guerrilla tag change or a massive 3ds edit (*cringes*).

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:06 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       

Mess with these values, and you should be good

lilpod13

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 02:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 03:02 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: lilpod13
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Unfortunately, it's not. I've been playing with that, and it still plays the animation.

If you do find a solution let me know, my current one is rigging the same biped to the cyborg bones, and using an overlay animation to decrease it's size. Not fun, needless to say.

lilpod13

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 04:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
If you set the hard and soft ping thresholds to 1, it makes the animations stop playing. Not too sure if the marines could move while getting hit, didn't have a chance to play with it much yet, but I'll post what I find out about it later.

Edit: If you set the hard ping thresholds for the marines on the lower side (but NOT at 0) they can take a few shots before they get stumbled. Anything higher makes it hard to stumble them since I bet the threshold is the fraction of body damage done to the character. Also I'm guessing that the interrupt time is how long the damage can count towards a stumble before it drops off, or maybe damage refreshes the timer before it drops off entirely.
Edited by lilpod13 on Jan 26, 2017 at 07:16 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 12:50 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: lilpod13
Edit: If you set the hard ping thresholds for the marines on the lower side (but NOT at 0) they can take a few shots before they get stumbled. Anything higher makes it hard to stumble them since I bet the threshold is the fraction of body damage done to the character. Also I'm guessing that the interrupt time is how long the damage can count towards a stumble before it drops off, or maybe damage refreshes the timer before it drops off entirely.
Edited by lilpod13 on Jan 26, 2017 at 07:16 PM

Hm. So I had it backwards then.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 10:00 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website