A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Custom Campaign Ideas

Author Topic: Halo Custom Campaign Ideas (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 08:07 AM    Msg. 1 of 19       
Greetings to all.
It's been.... many months since returning to this forum and I am grinning with pride to see this game still going.

Anyway, As I have little to no patience and/or little to no skill as to how to actually mod maps/add ai/create custom maps/create custom campaign maps/create ai and so on, I thought I would contribute to the community the only way I know how... By chucking 'round some ideas that you guys can take and use for your own maps. I am deeply passionate about this game in terms of ideas/alternate scenarios to existing Halo content/Map layouts etc.

A few ideas I want to give, free of charge, the rest, if you want, I can just pm you appropriate suggestions and/or layouts to help. I know that I have no experience in the field so why should I bother, right? Because, like you, I wish to see the community keep thriving and creating as a whole. I keep coming back to these forums for a reason and I think I finally figured out why.

Here are some examples off the top of my head that you may feel free to take/profit off of/make history with. Some of them might sound great in theory but terrible in practice in terms of mechanics so I apologize if it simply "cannot work".

Here's one from the list:
Fire Team Charlie
You can star as Wallace Jenkins and follow the story of finding a Covenant weapons cache nearby as your team has been non stop fighting the Covenant and you want to disarm them. You find a ship or a station that contains the schematics for what the Covenant call an "Unknown Forerunner Facility containing a Holy relic".
One thing that stuck out to you was the "Holy Relic". You think it best to seek out the Holy Relic and take it for the UNSC or destroy it.

You then go through a more extensive fight and/or build up or exploration of what happened in Jenkins' recorder chip, up to where you are infected and start the final level. Your escape.
You run out to see a group of Marines and a Spartan on a pillar seemingly disappearing with "343 Guilty Spark". You jump after the Spartan just as it disappears. You are then instructed to massacre all the Marines left behind and there ends the level. You go and find Master Chief and get deployed to where Chief is and the campaign would end there.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
This is just one of several I have in mind. How they are executed mechanically is up to you. How you want the story to go? I can help with that.

Have a good day, people. I'll be here tomorrow and as much as I can this week and hopefully the next.
Edited by Tenebre on Jan 29, 2017 at 06:36 AM
Edited by Tenebre on Feb 23, 2017 at 02:40 AM

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 08:58 AM    Msg. 2 of 19       
Anyone get the feeling of deja vu?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:13 AM    Msg. 3 of 19       
Thought I would mention this conflicts with canon. Unless you are okay with that @OP.

Battle of Installation 04

"Upon arrival at Installation 04, the Pillar of Autumn was attacked by the Covenant. Jenkins escaped the ship in the same lifeboat as Sergeant Johnson and his squad. After meeting up with John-117 and fighting off Covenant patrols, they took Pelican Echo 419 to the newly established Marine Alpha Base.

The Flood (timeline taken from novelisation)

Later, Jenkins, along with the rest of Fire Team Charlie, was taken aboard Pelican Victor 933 to what was believed to be a Covenant weapons cache. This alleged weapons cache was actually one of Installation 04's Flood containment facilities. There, he, Captain Keyes, Sergeant Johnson, and Privates Bisenti, Mendoza, Kappus, and Riley were ambushed by the Flood. During the resulting fight, Jenkins panicked, and an infection form latched onto him and took over his body.[3] John-117 would later watch the horrifying attack using the Recorder Chip from Jenkins' dropped Helmet recorder.[4] The video ended suddenly, right as the Infection Form hit Jenkins, and infected him.

Jenkins and his entire squad, save for Johnson and Bisenti, were turned into Combat Forms. However, Jenkins' Infection Form was weakened from centuries of containment, and could not fully control him. The infection process occurred normally, but unlike most victims of the Flood, who die instantly upon successful infection, Jenkins remained alive and terrified while the Flood took control of and mutated his body.[5] He was able to control himself to a small degree whenever the infection form was in pain, but when it had total command, he could only watch "his" actions.

Survival and death:

The infected Jenkins followed a group of Flood to the surface, where they attacked a group of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers led by First Lieutenant Melissa McKay. Without complete control over his body, Jenkins, who was desperate to end his own life, attempted to get killed while assaulting the Lieutenant. The attempt failed, and he was captured by the ODSTs. Major Antonio Silva tried to interrogate him.

While being interrogated, the infection form inside Jenkins' body attempted to attack its interrogators by extending a tentacle through Jenkins' hand, snapping the bones and veins. As Jenkins described it, it was a "living hell." However, the parasite was knocked unconscious by the pain, giving Jenkins the chance to reveal the imminent threat of the Flood beneath the base.[6] Lieutenant McKay correctly interpreted this and ordered a squad to exterminate them.

Jenkins was later taken to the Truth and Reconciliation while the Marines assaulted the ship. Jenkins knew that Silva planned to take the ship home to Earth. But he also knew that there were more Flood present on the ship, and that they would inevitably escape and overwhelm the human population, should Silva succeed in bringing the ship home. He thus overwhelmed the infection form inside him and tried to destroy the ship by destroying a fiber-optic pathway that linked the Control Room to the engines. He failed, but Lieutenant McKay, seeing the truth as well, destroyed the vessel for him by using a fragmentation grenade. The explosion severed the pathway, cutting off control to the engines and causing the ship to crash into the surface of Halo, where it exploded. The destruction of the Truth and Reconciliation mercifully ended his suffering.[7] Before he died, he managed to mouth the words "Thank you" to the Lieutenant."

Don't be a jerk, snip before quoting.

Alex

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:59 AM    Msg. 4 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Thought I would mention this conflicts with canon. Unless you are okay with that @OP.

Battle of Installation 04

"Upon arrival at Installation 04, the Pillar of Autumn was attacked by the Covenant. Jenkins escaped the ship in the same lifeboat as Sergeant Johnson and his squad. After meeting up with John-117 and fighting off Covenant patrols, they took Pelican Echo 419 to the newly established Marine Alpha Base.

The Flood (timeline taken from novelisation)

Later, Jenkins, along with the rest of Fire Team Charlie, was taken aboard Pelican Victor 933 to what was believed to be a Covenant weapons cache. This alleged weapons cache was actually one of Installation 04's Flood containment facilities. There, he, Captain Keyes, Sergeant Johnson, and Privates Bisenti, Mendoza, Kappus, and Riley were ambushed by the Flood. During the resulting fight, Jenkins panicked, and an infection form latched onto him and took over his body.[3] John-117 would later watch the horrifying attack using the Recorder Chip from Jenkins' dropped Helmet recorder.[4] The video ended suddenly, right as the Infection Form hit Jenkins, and infected him.

Jenkins and his entire squad, save for Johnson and Bisenti, were turned into Combat Forms. However, Jenkins' Infection Form was weakened from centuries of containment, and could not fully control him. The infection process occurred normally, but unlike most victims of the Flood, who die instantly upon successful infection, Jenkins remained alive and terrified while the Flood took control of and mutated his body.[5] He was able to control himself to a small degree whenever the infection form was in pain, but when it had total command, he could only watch "his" actions.

Survival and death:

The infected Jenkins followed a group of Flood to the surface, where they attacked a group of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers led by First Lieutenant Melissa McKay. Without complete control over his body, Jenkins, who was desperate to end his own life, attempted to get killed while assaulting the Lieutenant. The attempt failed, and he was captured by the ODSTs. Major Antonio Silva tried to interrogate him.

While being interrogated, the infection form inside Jenkins' body attempted to attack its interrogators by extending a tentacle through Jenkins' hand, snapping the bones and veins. As Jenkins described it, it was a "living hell." However, the parasite was knocked unconscious by the pain, giving Jenkins the chance to reveal the imminent threat of the Flood beneath the base.[6] Lieutenant McKay correctly interpreted this and ordered a squad to exterminate them.

Jenkins was later taken to the Truth and Reconciliation while the Marines assaulted the ship. Jenkins knew that Silva planned to take the ship home to Earth. But he also knew that there were more Flood present on the ship, and that they would inevitably escape and overwhelm the human population, should Silva succeed in bringing the ship home. He thus overwhelmed the infection form inside him and tried to destroy the ship by destroying a fiber-optic pathway that linked the Control Room to the engines. He failed, but Lieutenant McKay, seeing the truth as well, destroyed the vessel for him by using a fragmentation grenade. The explosion severed the pathway, cutting off control to the engines and causing the ship to crash into the surface of Halo, where it exploded. The destruction of the Truth and Reconciliation mercifully ended his suffering.[7] Before he died, he managed to mouth the words "Thank you" to the Lieutenant."

What is this "snipping" you speak of?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 11:15 AM    Msg. 5 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Jerk Off

- Jenkins Canon -

Alex

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 11:21 AM    Msg. 6 of 19       

- Jenkins Canon -

Thx man I will put snipping to good use so as not to piss anybody off (R93)

Jk just messImg around with people, i khow to snip
Edited by Grand Admiral Alex on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 07:46 PM    Msg. 7 of 19       
Oh well in terms of canonical stuff or not, that's up to you. I don't mind following the lore to the latter, but I also don't mind spinning off to create an alternate scenario. Any of these, I think would make some really neat map/campaign creations.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 02:15 AM    Msg. 8 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Grand Admiral Alex

- Jenkins Canon -

Thx man I will put snipping to good use so as not to piss anybody off (EVERYONE)

Jk just messImg around with people, i khow to snip
Edited by Grand Admiral Alex on Jan 26, 2017 at 11:24 AM

ftfy

OrangeJuice

discord was killing the forums anyways

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 02:37 AM    Msg. 9 of 19       
It'd be great to map movement-speed to the mousewheel. Like in splinter cell

THEN I'd have a great idea

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 07:22 AM    Msg. 10 of 19       
You can always add extra tidbits on concepts like that you know. What if that Pelican never crashed? What if the pilot survived and tried to contact the Chief but blew up along with Halo? So many different ways you can finish or elaborate on a story like that. Maybe she battles the Covenant. Maybe she sees the Prometheans even before we did!

Anyway, another Custom Campaign Idea being thrown your way. Feel free to take it as long as credit is given.

The Flood: Neverending Cycle
Play as a Flood Infection Form (or a squad of Infection Forms, a battalion of them if you will. A swarm.) You are released from isolation from a different planet by the Covenant yet again (this would be around the time that the Covenant would be releasing the Flood on Installation 04 as well. they were doing multiple locations at the same time with the same amount of information... in other words, none.) They slowly take over the Covenant crew,
widdling down your forces of Carriers and old Human Flood forms. You anger the Golden Elite in charge enough to him bursting his own ship's door down and screaming "I won't let you take my ship, fiends! I will kill you or die killing you! EITHER WAY YOU'LL LOSE!"
Orders from a Gravemind whisper in your ear. "Show our food to never play with the Predator... it will always be our Prey!" After a hard and intense battle, you overload the ship's 2nd engine and knock the Golden Elite unconscious. This allows you to infect him.

Upon finding many of the Covenant's ship drop off points, you swarm and infect them, leading a moderate sized army filled to the brim with many Covenant dropships and even a small contingent of human technology. But it's not enough. That same Gravemind (for the sake of the explanation, we'll call him Gravemind B) has received a distant transmission from a military official. "Captain Keyes". Requesting assistance on an installlation of some sort. A Halo. Something that Gravemind B has been searching for. Your very own ring.

You scan for the Pillar of Autumn's ship and see that it has crashed and is already being invaded by Flood forces. You link up and communicate with them and they join your forces, sending coordinates, enemy positions, data and even the Engine Core location, which, according to Captain Keyes' memory, could overload and blow up the Halo. "Good riddance!" you thought to yourself. "Never speak out of line!" Gravemind B invades your mind with ferocity. "You seek to destroy our food?! How will we be sustained? We will starve! Get on that ring, take over that Human ship! We need that technology!"

And so, begrudgingly, you swarm the ship only to find out that... Spartan is there. What they call "Master Chief". It has an AI with it. Maybe with that Spartan on your side you could find a way to not only properly control that ship but infect whole planets with ease.
But alas, your forces are pushed back by 343 Guilty Spark. A now aggrivating thorn in your side. After an intense battle, the ring is blown up. You use a Pelican found on the Pillar of Autumn to escape and relay the information as soon as possible, out of sight of the Master Chief. As disappointed as the Gravemind B is for your failure, he soon sees an advantage.
A Covenant ship through comms has been boasting about finding a Planet called "Earth". Rich with human technology and a huge populace. You can't pass it up so you gather enough mass to form another Gravemind (The Gravemind now known in the canon that I will call Gravemind A) as Gravemind B can no longer reach that far and is slowly dying. Gravemind A then takes over and absorbs all the knowledge you accumulated and you soon discover a small containment facility where your brethren reside. You also see 2 Covenant factions battling each other. You hope that in time, they will release you again, like they did on that ring. But this time, there'd be no survivors. You send a small contingent of Flood spores through this odd structure that these "Heretics" seem to be bound on. The Covenant faction of Spec Ops that battle them then, unwillingly and unknowingly, release the Flood, hoping to track and kill the Heretics when they went underground. Unfortunately, this now links you to the isolated population of Flood. You lead them out and decimate the Elite forces from both sides but one of their commanders escapes. One they call "Arbiter". A Special Ops elite squad is sent in for cleanup and data retrieval. 4 of them are swarmed and only 2 remained. One Grunt tries to escape for help and then dies due to a poor decision in choosing its exit. The now left alone Spec Ops Elite is infuriated. it drives itself into a frenzy, forcing you to dispatch another swarm of Flood. Your forces are sent in with your swarm of Infection Forms at the tail of the group. You slowly exhaust the elite and corner him. The order is given from Gravemind A and you take over that Spec Ops Elite's body. A squad filled with Elites and now Brutes are amongst them. They decimate your forces, but not touching any Flood corpses. Gravemind A comes up with the plan of hiding in one of the corpses' chest, making you undetectable. the two Brutes walk past the Elite corpse you inhabit and assume it dead. After the coast is clear you ten burrow out of the chest and scurry out up the walls and up to the surface. You overwhelm both Brutes by surprise and seperate an Elite and Brute from another Elite and Brute. The first team of two, were bickering amongst themselves. You then find out through the newly assimilated Brute that the Elites and Brutes do not get along well and so you use that moment to surprise them. The second team of the Elite and Brute duo then agree to split up so as to cover more ground. As little faith as the Brute has in the Elite's job, he thinks that if the Elite does end up doing his job for him, then he will just take credit.
This proves to be futile as the surface is overwhelmed with Flood and your squad of Humans and Covenant flood overwhelm the Brute. The last Elite is left and making sure he cannot call reinforcements, you cut off all power and slowly close in on all doors to where the Elite waits. You burst the door open to find it to be another Golden Elite. Like one you previously encountered. With the new knowledge of the other Golden Elite that you assimilated, you outmaneuver the Elite, overwhelming 3 out of 4 doorways. A long chase begins where he seeks to escape in one of the left behind Heretic Banshees. You cut off the wings of the Banshee that he leaps into and he barely gets off the ground, causing it to explode and knocking him into the wall with his back facing it. He then awakens to see your Flood Infection Form jumping down his throat and at last, assimilating him. You take over the Dropships that the Covenant brought and regroup your forces in space. You then to that famed Planet "Earth."

Okay, it was long, I know, but hot damn! Think of the potential! Perhaps using a UI like the "Forgotten Exile" campaign except showing your health as a bar with 5 sections cut into it. If both your arms are blown off then you have an option to blow up the current Combat form that you are using to escape. As an Infection Form, you'd have one shot before you die. Maybe in terms of mechanics that'd be a bit difficult but if you join your Infection form up with a swarm of other Infection Forms, you all act as one single unit, boosting your health up to 5 times the amount you had before until you take over another body. Once your last Infection Form dies, it's game over. Once you die from being in a Combat Form then exiting it then being shot or blown up, it's game over. Just some ideas.

I know it sounds weird and complicated in terms of mechanics and gameplay but as I said, I aint an expert in execution of gameplay and level structure and ideas, but I can tell you on how the story can play out. Basically this will be one of those stories that plays along in the background of the canon.
I do have another story if it is wanted. Tell me what you guys think.

ScarFOx

Yo buddy! You still alive?- Pixy 1995

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 09:35 AM    Msg. 11 of 19       
11/10

Alex

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 09:40 AM    Msg. 12 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Tenebre
You can always add extra tidbits on concepts like that you know. What if that Pelican never crashed? What if the pilot survived and tried to contact the Chief but blew up along with Halo? So many different ways you can finish or elaborate on a story like that. Maybe she battles the Covenant. Maybe she sees the Prometheans even before we did!

Anyway, another Custom Campaign Idea being thrown your way. Feel free to take it as long as credit is given.

The Flood: Neverending Cycle
Play as a Flood Infection Form (or a squad of Infection Forms, a battalion of them if you will. A swarm.) You are released from isolation from a different planet by the Covenant yet again (this would be around the time that the Covenant would be releasing the Flood on Installation 04 as well. they were doing multiple locations at the same time with the same amount of information... in other words, none.) They slowly take over the Covenant crew,
widdling down your forces of Carriers and old Human Flood forms. You anger the Golden Elite in charge enough to him bursting his own ship's door down and screaming "I won't let you take my ship, fiends! I will kill you or die killing you! EITHER WAY YOU'LL LOSE!"
Orders from a Gravemind whisper in your ear. "Show our food to never play with the Predator... it will always be our Prey!" After a hard and intense battle, you overload the ship's 2nd engine and knock the Golden Elite unconscious. This allows you to infect him.

Upon finding many of the Covenant's ship drop off points, you swarm and infect them, leading a moderate sized army filled to the brim with many Covenant dropships and even a small contingent of human technology. But it's not enough. That same Gravemind (for the sake of the explanation, we'll call him Gravemind B) has received a distant transmission from a military official. "Captain Keyes". Requesting assistance on an installlation of some sort. A Halo. Something that Gravemind B has been searching for. Your very own ring.

You scan for the Pillar of Autumn's ship and see that it has crashed and is already being invaded by Flood forces. You link up and communicate with them and they join your forces, sending coordinates, enemy positions, data and even the Engine Core location, which, according to Captain Keyes' memory, could overload and blow up the Halo. "Good riddance!" you thought to yourself. "Never speak out of line!" Gravemind B invades your mind with ferocity. "You seek to destroy our food?! How will we be sustained? We will starve! Get on that ring, take over that Human ship! We need that technology!"

And so, begrudgingly, you swarm the ship only to find out that... Spartan is there. What they call "Master Chief". It has an AI with it. Maybe with that Spartan on your side you could find a way to not only properly control that ship but infect whole planets with ease.
But alas, your forces are pushed back by 343 Guilty Spark. A now aggrivating thorn in your side. After an intense battle, the ring is blown up. You use a Pelican found on the Pillar of Autumn to escape and relay the information as soon as possible, out of sight of the Master Chief. As disappointed as the Gravemind B is for your failure, he soon sees an advantage.
A Covenant ship through comms has been boasting about finding a Planet called "Earth". Rich with human technology and a huge populace. You can't pass it up so you gather enough mass to form another Gravemind (The Gravemind now known in the canon that I will call Gravemind A) as Gravemind B can no longer reach that far and is slowly dying. Gravemind A then takes over and absorbs all the knowledge you accumulated and you soon discover a small containment facility where your brethren reside. You also see 2 Covenant factions battling each other. You hope that in time, they will release you again, like they did on that ring. But this time, there'd be no survivors. You send a small contingent of Flood spores through this odd structure that these "Heretics" seem to be bound on. The Covenant faction of Spec Ops that battle them then, unwillingly and unknowingly, release the Flood, hoping to track and kill the Heretics when they went underground. Unfortunately, this now links you to the isolated population of Flood. You lead them out and decimate the Elite forces from both sides but one of their commanders escapes. One they call "Arbiter". A Special Ops elite squad is sent in for cleanup and data retrieval. 4 of them are swarmed and only 2 remained. One Grunt tries to escape for help and then dies due to a poor decision in choosing its exit. The now left alone Spec Ops Elite is infuriated. it drives itself into a frenzy, forcing you to dispatch another swarm of Flood. Your forces are sent in with your swarm of Infection Forms at the tail of the group. You slowly exhaust the elite and corner him. The order is given from Gravemind A and you take over that Spec Ops Elite's body. A squad filled with Elites and now Brutes are amongst them. They decimate your forces, but not touching any Flood corpses. Gravemind A comes up with the plan of hiding in one of the corpses' chest, making you undetectable. the two Brutes walk past the Elite corpse you inhabit and assume it dead. After the coast is clear you ten burrow out of the chest and scurry out up the walls and up to the surface. You overwhelm both Brutes by surprise and seperate an Elite and Brute from another Elite and Brute. The first team of two, were bickering amongst themselves. You then find out through the newly assimilated Brute that the Elites and Brutes do not get along well and so you use that moment to surprise them. The second team of the Elite and Brute duo then agree to split up so as to cover more ground. As little faith as the Brute has in the Elite's job, he thinks that if the Elite does end up doing his job for him, then he will just take credit.
This proves to be futile as the surface is overwhelmed with Flood and your squad of Humans and Covenant flood overwhelm the Brute. The last Elite is left and making sure he cannot call reinforcements, you cut off all power and slowly close in on all doors to where the Elite waits. You burst the door open to find it to be another Golden Elite. Like one you previously encountered. With the new knowledge of the other Golden Elite that you assimilated, you outmaneuver the Elite, overwhelming 3 out of 4 doorways. A long chase begins where he seeks to escape in one of the left behind Heretic Banshees. You cut off the wings of the Banshee that he leaps into and he barely gets off the ground, causing it to explode and knocking him into the wall with his back facing it. He then awakens to see your Flood Infection Form jumping down his throat and at last, assimilating him. You take over the Dropships that the Covenant brought and regroup your forces in space. You then to that famed Planet "Earth."

Okay, it was long, I know, but hot damn! Think of the potential! Perhaps using a UI like the "Forgotten Exile" campaign except showing your health as a bar with 5 sections cut into it. If both your arms are blown off then you have an option to blow up the current Combat form that you are using to escape. As an Infection Form, you'd have one shot before you die. Maybe in terms of mechanics that'd be a bit difficult but if you join your Infection form up with a swarm of other Infection Forms, you all act as one single unit, boosting your health up to 5 times the amount you had before until you take over another body. Once your last Infection Form dies, it's game over. Once you die from being in a Combat Form then exiting it then being shot or blown up, it's game over. Just some ideas.

I know it sounds weird and complicated in terms of mechanics and gameplay but as I said, I aint an expert in execution of gameplay and level structure and ideas, but I can tell you on how the story can play out. Basically this will be one of those stories that plays along in the background of the canon.
I do have another story if it is wanted. Tell me what you guys think.

10/10

MEGA_VKNG

no.

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 03:09 PM    Msg. 13 of 19       
Learn how to god damn snip, while your at it say something actually useful.

Alex

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 03:50 PM    Msg. 14 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

lol, I know how to snip. I'm just jokingly annoying people, I will stop now. I would say something useful but most of the time I can't think of anything useful to say and I don't think people would appreciate it if I can.

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 06:12 AM    Msg. 15 of 19       

I would say something useful but most of the time I can't think of anything useful to say and I don't think people would appreciate it if I can.

Then why say anything?

If you feel like you cannot contribute but inside you really want to, either brush up or shuddup.

BKTiel

strong independent bird needs no cage

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 06:17 AM    Msg. 16 of 19       
give the kid a break

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 06:49 AM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
give the kid a break

Next you'll be saying "hand him a KitKat".

Alex

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 06:02 AM    Msg. 18 of 19       

I would say something useful but most of the time I can't think of anything useful to say and I don't think people would appreciate it if I can.

Then why say anything?

If you feel like you cannot contribute but inside you really want to, either brush up or shuddup.

I do really want to contribute but I need to learn 3dsmax first

Tenebre

HARGH ROBOBUTT!

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 09:01 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       
Alright back on topic shall we? Here's another. From the view of an Elite.

Elite: Before The Fall
You play as a blue Covenant Elite and go on a couple of human execution excursions until you are promoted to Spec Ops. You're sent out on one mission that almost compromises your database of the identities of your team. Due to the circumstances, your team of 2 elites with plasma rifles and another elite with a carbine (like you) and 2 fuel rod grunts and 2 plasma pistol grunts were killed and you were badly wounded. The Heretics/Covenant pirates ambush your squad to take your equipment for themselves.

"So easy are the Prophet's pawns." The leader who calls himself Hierarch smugly approaches you with a Plasma Rifle to your head.
"Any last requests? Make it quick and you will die honorably."
You think for a moment and then retort with "...yes I do. Answer me this. Why? I've always wondered but never been told a straight answer. They just say you betrayed us and that's it."
"Hmm. You seek to learn, brother?" He responds with an eyebrow raised. "Hmm." He ponders then sits on a nearby bench. "Come, sit." He motions you over and you step to your feet and sit beside him.
With their guns still raised at you, one of them stammers "U-uh... Hierarch? He could easily backstab you that close."
"That's enough!" He shouted. "He's outnumbered. I sense the concern within his voice. I sense a connection. A common interest."
They look at each other with confused looks then slowly put their guns on their backs and patrol the entrance ways.

"Now, brother." Hierarch begins. "Have you heard of Sesa?"
"I have. But what does he have to do with this?"
"Now... don't tell the troops this but... He's the Heretic Leader, not me. I am the "bait" you see. So he can continue his preaching."
"So that's why you look so like him." You responded. "But why risk yourself on the field of battle, brother? Why not politics?"
"It boosts our morale. To have those who can proclaim salvation and have the strength to back it up. A strong Leader. Sesa 'Refumee is not weak himself but... it's not worth risking unnecessarily. The Prophets have spies watching everywhere. Luckily, we know all the hiding places. But we cannot hide forever." He bows his head, facing the ground.
"The Great Journey is a lie, brother." He began. You felt so strongly about shouting him down but he let you live so the least you could do is listen.
"I know you may feel like killing me or shutting me down. We have been brainwashed since birth. The Prophets seek to activate these rings. That Control Room they speak of? That's not to the Great Journey. That's to wipe out all sentient life. Not even they know that. They think its some kind of spaceship leading to better opportunities. You're brave enough to question. I have a proposition for you."
You look to the corpses of your comrades and sigh deeply. What choice is there? You think to yourself. My family's dead and now, so are my friends. The Prophets will pay.
"... I'm listening."
Cut to the Prophets and you returning to tell them of the Heretics and their deeply seeded connections but you don't specify where.
"Hmm." Truth begins but Mercy cuts him off. "Did you capture them?"
"I was unable to. They took the ships and escaped while I remained gravely wounded."
"A shame..." Truth chimed in.
"Well, due to your success of obtaining information, you are now an Ultra."
"A-an Ultra?" You stammer over your words. "Shouldn't I be a Major?"
"Your skills are required elsewhere." Regret says with a wave of his hand.
"You will have 4 Grunts below you. 2 Heavy and 2 Light.
You will also have command over a specialist with a Carbine and another with a Plasma Rifle."
"M-my own Squad? I... I am honored. I will serve you to the best of my abilities." You bow with respect.
"We know you will." Mercy smiled at you. "You are dismissed and debriefed with the Covenant Weapons Cache defense."
You run out the room to inform your squad but as the door closes, Regret turns to Mercy.
"Do you really think so highly of him, brother?"
"He is competent at what he does... and efficient." He responds.
"Soon, we will find mankind's home planet and butcher its kind. By any means necessary. All who oppose our will shall be made an example of." Truth concluded.

Cut to the Covenant weapons cache with your squad in a set of locked doors behind and in front of you.
"Bah! I am tired of waiting." The carbine-wielding elite bellows.
"Yeah, hell with this. Lets bring the fight to them!" One of the grunts chimes in and the other grunts cheer.
"Silence!" You yell. "You do as I say. What I say is the will of the Prophets. You will not disobey or face public deprecation or even death. Is that clear?" Your finger points at one of the grunts.
"AH! Y-yes sir, boss elite sir." He stammers and his friends fall in line and wait.
You rest your hand on the impatient Elite.
"Be patient, Sese." You whisper calmly. "You will have blood soon enough. I can feel it."
He turns to his weapon and nods at you with approval.
Suddenly, plasma fire is heard outside. Comms start going crazy.
"ENEMY!"
"THE ELITE IS DEAD, RUN!"
"NOOOO HO HO!"
"AAAAH!"
"RAAAAAUUURGH!"
"That's our queue!" You break the silence in the room and nod at Sese to open the door.
Gunfire starts blazing and soon the Covenant pirate faction are dealt with with all your squad dying except for Sese.
"Target destroyed. The Pirates are history." You report back to the Prophets comms.
"Excellent work. You are quick and precise. From this moment forward. Consider yourself a Zealot." Truth spoke with confidence.
"A-already?!" Sese retorted with anger. "I've been Spec Ops for years and I haven't gotten a single promotion and he gets 2 within a couple of days?!"
"Silence, Sese. Lest your family be informed of your failings." Regret chimed in.
"I... I am overwhelmed. Wh-what would you have of me? What is the will of the Prophets?"

Cut to the Prophets in their personal quarters discussing amonst themselves the fate of the player.
"At this rate-" Truth continues. "-once he folds under the pressure and screws up. The council will answer to him and so will the public. We will be none the wiser."
"I like it." Regret chimes in. "Quick and precise. Heh."
"Soon... humanity will regret their folly." Mercy concludes.

You are soon granted a command ship and 4 banshees. The command ship named Merciless Stride. A battallion of forces are under your command and you send them off to scout sectors in the galaxy looking for any remaining insurgents and pirates and purposely route their positions to avoid the spots that the Hierarch had noted to you.
Suddenly your personal communicator chimes and you answer it around the corner and out of sight.
"What is it, Hierarch? I am busy."
"There's trouble. Back where we met. It's the Brutes. They rescanned the area unbeknownst to public comms. We've been spotted and are being ratted out. We need you!"
"I'm on my way!" You respond and jump through to their location.

Immediately the surface around you when you leave the ship feels quiet... too quiet.
Sese follows closely behind you. "I don't like this, sir."
"I don't either... this feels like a trap."
After an hour of exploration, all seemed to be in order at the weapons cache and as soon as you turned to leave, you find yourself surrounded by Drones, Brutes and Jackals.
Tartarus emerges from the fold of Brutes blocking your way and laughs heartily with a resounding snort.

"So. Thinking of betraying the Prophets, are we?" He barks at you. "Well then. How should I deal with this one then, Zealot?" He remarks with sarcasm with a Plasma Rifle to the Hierarch's throat.
"I am not affiliated with him." The Hierarch pleas and you look at Tartarus with a feigned eyebrow raised in confusion.
"What does this have to do with me?" You question.
"Don't play dumb with me. The Prophets saw you scouring around this area. We've kept tabs on these Heretics for a while now. We only waited to strike and hopefully lure out any potential traitors to cull the weak minded from the strong. Looks like you fit the bill."

Stunned, you stand there, motionless and staring at the Hierarch.
"He..." The Hierarch starts as the Plasma Rifle is pulled against him harder, choking him.
"He is... not worth dying for." Tartarus grunts and 2 Brutes alongside him pummel the Hierarch to death before you.
"You see..." Tartarus starts. "There's one thing that the Prophets don't like and that's being betrayed. Do you know what happens to traitors, Zealot? To Heretics?"
You look to the floor and smiled. "I don't know..." you begin. "You tell me!" You dive behind a pillar and shoot drones down from the sky and a few Brutes around Tartarus.

"Don't let him get away!" Tartarus proclaims. "The Prophets want him alive!"
Another level with a gun fight ensues and you are worn down to a few troops left which flee in their ships.
"Cowards..." Sese mumbles under his breath.
"They had no choice." You retort. Tartarus grabs a Brute Shot and blows Sese's chest open, instantly killing him.
"N-No..." You fall to your knees. "NO... NOOOO!" You grip your gun tighter than ever and execute more brutes with headshots and others come alongside you and bind you to your spot.
"DAMN YOU, TARTARUS! DAMN ALL OF YOUR KIND!" You spout.
"Soon, we will take over your pathetic society. We will take your leadership, your positions and your overall role in the Covenant. The Great Journey itself will be ours to walk and not you. First, however, loose ends must be tied up... Starting with you." He swings and kills you with his Gravity Hammer, therefore ending the campaign. Lucky for you, a small squad of Heretics report to Sesa 'Refumee of the news and the ambush and they soon move to that structure found in Halo 2 and that's where it ends.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Phew, cleaned this up a bit and unfortunately having to retype this about 5 times because the browser decides not to post it due to errors from the site and being left on this page for too long. Anyway, hope yall enjoyed and again, feel free to use as long as credit's given. :)
Edited by Tenebre on Feb 8, 2017 at 03:08 AM
Edited by Tenebre on Feb 17, 2017 at 01:59 AM
Edited by Tenebre on Mar 21, 2017 at 09:33 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat November 18, 2017 8:51 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website