A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »"Your CD Key is invalid". Any answers to this?

Author Topic: "Your CD Key is invalid". Any answers to this? (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

groomingabe

Trigger finger has tourettes. I love it :)

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 12:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 14       
So, I recently got a few buddies to download Halo Custom Edition, but whenever we try to make an internet game, it keeps giving us the infamous "Your CD Key is invalid". So, are all the valid CD keys used up? Or are we accidentally using cracked ones that won't work?
These work for installing Halo CE, but never for creating an internet game. I just want to play with my buddies on our own without other people hopping in or having to start a dedicated server (which I have tried multiple times and failed).

Could you help us out? I, along with my pals, would sure be grateful if you could

Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 08:00 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 12:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: groomingabe

So, I recently got a few buddies to download Halo Custom Edition, but whenever we try to make an internet game, it keeps giving us the infamous "Your CD Key is invalid". So, are all the valid CD keys used up? Or are we accidentally using cracked ones that won't work?

Everywhere I look for valid CD keys, it gives me the list of the same ones here:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Halo CE multiple times using those keys, and everywhere I look on the internet, results just give me the same 9 keys listed above.

These work for installing Halo CE, but never for creating an internet game. I just want to play with my buddies on our own without other people hopping in or having to start a dedicated server (which I have tried multiple times and failed).

Could you help us out? I, along with my pals, would sure be grateful if you could
Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, surprising they managed to ban the 9 keys that you found on the internet.

Also, you're probably gonna get banned from here too now.

Also, go buy the game dude. I found one right now on ebay for 5.00 dollars.

But, as a final bit of help; turn an old PC into a dedicated server (it's not difficult, try again man), install SAPP and have it ignore CD keys. You'll be able to play against each other that way.

Hell, you can buy a dedi for like 10 bucks a month. Have each of your friends give you 3 bucks.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Super Flanker

Synthetic furnishings, rails and no safety.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 03:16 PM    Msg. 3 of 14       
I'd um, remove those keys fam.

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 07:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 14       
that is because the game confirms with the master server if your cd key is banned, though you can easily get around this by setting up a dedicated server and installing sapp on it. this removes the CD key check and also adds nifty features like NO-LEAD so you don't have to figure out where to aim based on your ping.

Also, if your ports are forwarded (which you will need to host an internet game either way) you can just host a server on lan and people can join. Like I got surprised a few times because people had my IP and joined a lan server of mine trough the internet.

groomingabe

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 07:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: groomingabe

Everywhere I look for valid CD keys, it gives me the list of the same ones here:

V84H7-J62Y4-HTMHK-RKH6T-BHXHW
M4GHF-MMRWK-MW9BD-B76JK-6P8MJ
TRF2B-Y67K2-GV7RR-H4DCB-QDC7W
W4WMQ-BP7J4-YPV8D-9HYK3-KQTVW
8D69D-8BFB8-93949-5845F-FH686
RGGD9-BYCC4-6JFFV-VPJJQ-HCXHW
41248-79455-34565-87945-68742
TRF2B-Y67K2-GV7RR-H4DCB-QDC7W
KYKMH-JWWXQ-XG2HH-CPDFC-KX2BJ

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Halo CE multiple times using those keys, and everywhere I look on the internet, results just give me the same 9 keys listed above.

Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, surprising they managed to ban the 9 keys that you found on the internet.

Also, you're probably gonna get banned from here too now.

Also, go buy the game dude. I found one right now on ebay for 5.00 dollars.

But, as a final bit of help; turn an old PC into a dedicated server (it's not difficult, try again man), install SAPP and have it ignore CD keys. You'll be able to play against each other that way.

Hell, you can buy a dedi for like 10 bucks a month. Have each of your friends give you 3 bucks.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM

Wow. I had no clue. Why did I see those on this forum, then?
I might wanna uninstall my game and buy a legit copy now.
Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 07:56 PM
Edited by groomingabe on Jan 28, 2017 at 07:58 PM

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 08:05 PM    Msg. 6 of 14       
I would tell you to buy the game if getting it from microsoft wasn't the only way to know for sure that you will be a legit key that no one is using right now.

Also if you could actually buy it outside of the us.

I lost my CD-key so I had to pirate it and sapp works fine for server hosting without too much host advantage.

groomingabe

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 08:10 PM    Msg. 7 of 14       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
that is because the game confirms with the master server if your cd key is banned, though you can easily get around this by setting up a dedicated server and installing sapp on it. this removes the CD key check and also adds nifty features like NO-LEAD so you don't have to figure out where to aim based on your ping.

Also, if your ports are forwarded (which you will need to host an internet game either way) you can just host a server on lan and people can join. Like I got surprised a few times because people had my IP and joined a lan server of mine trough the internet.

Really? Could you explain how you do that? I really like that idea.

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 08:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 14       
You can find tutorials and documentation on sapp here:

http://halo.isimaginary.com/setup

And portforwarding can be found here:

I suggest not using their software and just doing it by hand https://portforward.com/

groomingabe

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 09:17 AM    Msg. 9 of 14       
You can find tutorials and documentation on sapp here:

http://halo.isimaginary.com/setup

And portforwarding can be found here:

I suggest not using their software and just doing it by hand https://portforward.com/

Tried using SAPP, can't find my server on the list anywhere...
I will try the port forward

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 03:51 PM    Msg. 10 of 14       
You need to do both for it to work, you can't host a server without port forwarding.

Also I just remembered, if you want to join your own server then change your port numbers in the settings in the halo GAME. to be different from the server.

groomingabe

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 03:59 PM    Msg. 11 of 14       
You need to do both for it to work, you can't host a server without port forwarding.

Also I just remembered, if you want to join your own server then change your port numbers in the settings in the halo GAME. to be different from the server.

Okay. So change the client or the server port?

Also, if my port is different, will my server appear in the list?

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 06:22 PM    Msg. 12 of 14       
All that matters is that the client and server ports are not the same as that causes issues when playing in the same house as it is hosted in.

groomingabe

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 09:20 PM    Msg. 13 of 14       
All that matters is that the client and server ports are not the same as that causes issues when playing in the same house as it is hosted in.

So make the server port in the game different then the one in the SAPP?

SBB_Michelle

Dumb, sometimes..

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 07:37 AM    Msg. 14 of 14       
Yes.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 4:05 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website